Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings - 2008/2009 PRESEASON NOV 15

palmer and lenz are still ranked too high neither one will place in the top four

Lenz was 7th at 112 last year.  Now explain to me how you think Sullivan, Spencer, Osborne, and Dan Smith being gone will hurt his chances of moving up.  I'll give you Bradbury moving in takes one of those slots, but I don't see any other obvious guys being higher.  Palmer was a state finalist at 103.  So I think he gets the nod over a lot of those 103s moving up and the 112s who didn't finish well last year.  And Ryle performs in the post season.

My biggest question for both of these guys is making the weight.  I'm not convinced either gets there (no fat test yet to confirm that).  But I guess we will see in the coming weeks.

It is a new season, so I guess I can go into this again.  When we get to Frankfort there will be more than these 2 guys in the bracket.  Rankings must consider more than 2 kids.  For example, wrestler A beats B who beats C who beats A.  How do you rank them?  A, B, C?  But C beat A.  C, A, B?  But B beat C.  Based on how he finished the season Bollman deserves to be ahead of the 140s he is ahead of.  So when I move Thomson up to 140, I consider him in context of everyone at the weight class.  Is he too low?  Maybe.  But we will figure that out quickly when he meets and potentially beats the "favored" competition.  If he does, I'lll be the first to admit I was wrong.

I do not believe Thomson has lost to any of those below Bollman and yet above Thomson, so I still do not understand your rankings.  Of course, they are your rankings, so you can do what you wish.  I believe you will be changing them as Thomson showed he was quite capable last season.  I lost his head at state, but he was an underclassman.  Now he is a Junior and I believe he will end up in the top 4.

Lenz was 7th at 112 last year.  Now explain to me how you think Sullivan, Spencer, Osborne, and Dan Smith being gone will hurt his chances of moving up.  I'll give you Bradbury moving in takes one of those slots, but I don't see any other obvious guys being higher.  Palmer was a state finalist at 103.  So I think he gets the nod over a lot of those 103s moving up and the 112s who didn't finish well last year.  And Ryle performs in the post season.

My biggest question for both of these guys is making the weight.  I'm not convinced either gets there (no fat test yet to confirm that).  But I guess we will see in the coming weeks.

I know this has been stated many times before, but i'll state it again because you pretty much challenged it with the no one obvious should be ahead. Zac Brown has only lost to Andy Lenz once their entire highschool careers including the summer tournaments. Last year Zac even moved up to 112, after weighing in at 103 and majored lenz, at the region 7 duals. Lenz may have been hurt or sick then, but it still happened, and has happened on more than one occassion. I'm not asking for Zac to be moved up, just stating the facts.

I know this has been stated many times before, but i'll state it again because you pretty much challenged it with the no one obvious should be ahead. Zac Brown has only lost to Andy Lenz once their entire highschool careers including the summer tournaments. Last year Zac even moved up to 112, after weighing in at 103 and majored lenz, at the region 7 duals. Lenz may have been hurt or sick then, but it still happened, and has happened on more than one occassion. I'm not asking for Zac to be moved up, just stating the facts.

i heard zac brown was wrestling 119..

I'll say that zack has beatin me jus about every time we've wrestled. I have no excuses for it, it jus happened. He is a good wrestler but there wont be another major like at super duals. As for the weight situation, we have certification this wensday and i will certinally be down to 112. I wrestled a tough weight class last year and think i am where i belong as far as rankings. by the way kywrestling its gettin pretty old you callin me out on here. You know more about my matches than i do most of the time. I think you should just focus on your team and yourself and quit worrying about me.

I'll say that zack has beatin me jus about every time we've wrestled. I have no excuses for it, it jus happened. He is a good wrestler but there wont be another major like at super duals. As for the weight situation, we have certification this wensday and i will certinally be down to 112. I wrestled a tough weight class last year and think i am where i belong as far as rankings. by the way kywrestling its gettin pretty old you callin me out on here. You know more about my matches than i do most of the time. I think you should just focus on your team and yourself and quit worrying about me.

i dont wrestle anymore but i get what your saying my bad i wasnt trying to attack you i just think that will bryant gets a crappy ranking compared to you, with that said i agree i have said it enough and ill let it go

Come on man, it is preseason.  If the worst thing that happens to him all season is a crappy ranking by me on this board, then it will be a very good year for him.

This is just like the Bollman/Thomson discussion.  Let's imagine for a moment that some kid moved into KY and has this crazy, funky style that throws Courtney for a loop and upsets him a couple times during the season.  But he loses to half of the other kids in the bracket.  He would still be ranked lower because "HE AIN'T GONNA WIN STATE"!  Matchups lead to certain kids having the number of another.  But that in no way guarantees a higher finish at state and that is what I am projecting here.  The top 8 are who I think will take home medals.  That doesn't mean I believe they will always beat all of the kids ranked 9-15, but when it comes down to state, right now these are the kids I think will take home those medals.  Based on what I saw Lenz do at a tough 112 weight last year, I think he will finish high if he can make the weight.

Come on man, it is preseason.  If the worst thing that happens to him all season is a crappy ranking by me on this board, then it will be a very good year for him.

This is just like the Bollman/Thomson discussion.  Let's imagine for a moment that some kid moved into KY and has this crazy, funky style that throws Courtney for a loop and upsets him a couple times during the season.  But he loses to half of the other kids in the bracket.  He would still be ranked lower because "HE AIN'T GONNA WIN STATE"!  Matchups lead to certain kids having the number of another.  But that in no way guarantees a higher finish at state and that is what I am projecting here.  The top 8 are who I think will take home medals.  That doesn't mean I believe they will always beat all of the kids ranked 9-15, but when it comes down to state, right now these are the kids I think will take home those medals.  Based on what I saw Lenz do at a tough 112 weight last year, I think he will finish high if he can make the weight.

well put, and i didnt mean any offense to either you or andy lenz when i made my statements. but i will stick by me stating zac will have a high finish at state, and yes he is trying to make 112, and should be there this season unless something crazy happens.

Sorry Ranger123, but Duncan  Caddell from Whitley Co. is going 135, because his coach wants him to.  He told me last night. :-D

We'll see

DUSTY STENGEL SUCKS OMFG HOW IS HE EVEN RANKED TOP 20 I MEAN OMG HES SO GARBAGE I MEAN SERIOUSLY REMEMBER WHEN HE LOST TO THAT ONE GUY THAT LOST TO THAT OTHER DUDE AND THEN THAT KID WON STATE BUT THE POINT IS LONG JOHNS SUCK DUSTY IS GARBAGE!

I don't see how that at all relates to the Bollman/Thomson discussion.  I mean, are you saying that Thomson lost "to half the other kids in the bracket"?  I understand how ranking goes and realize that it is just one persons hunch as to how it will all work out which is never really near accurate.  However, I was just trying to find the education in your guess there.

Chill 385....Remember these are only rankings.  The truth will be known when the wrestling begins.  February 21st we'll all know for sure! Until then don't stroke out or anything.

385 is one of my buddies. He's just bein' a pain in the ass. lol

I don't see how that at all relates to the Bollman/Thomson discussion.  I mean, are you saying that Thomson lost "to half the other kids in the bracket"?  I understand how ranking goes and realize that it is just one persons hunch as to how it will all work out which is never really near accurate.  However, I was just trying to find the education in your guess there.

Okay, where do I start.  And I will try to type slowly this time.

Someone (I don't feel like looking right now) started making comments that Zac Brown should be ranked ahead of Andy Lenz because he beat him almost every time they wrestled (sound familiar).  Lenz medaled at 112 and Brown medaled at 103, which at least gives him more of an argument.

I don't claim to be perfect on here, but if you would like to challenge me to see who is more accurate I'll man up any day of the week.

Jared keeps whining to me about how he isn't ranked. it gets annoying

Jared Smith?  I've been making some changes this week and he might make it in there next time.

Someone (I don't feel like looking right now) started making comments that Zac Brown should be ranked ahead of Andy Lenz because he beat him almost every time they wrestled (sound familiar).  Lenz medaled at 112 and Brown medaled at 103, which at least gives him more of an argument.

I don't claim to be perfect on here, but if you would like to challenge me to see who is more accurate I'll man up any day of the week.

lol at manning up.  Come on people, who really cares about these rankings(No offense ranger, I know you work hard)?  It's a name with a number beside it, that's it.  They are fun to look at and discuss, but they are no reason to get all stressed out.  If you dont like where you are, beat the guy ahead of you.  Pretty simple.  I can't wait until the actual season starts, and we get to hear the real whining about the rankings..lol

by no means was i trying to insult you or anyone else, im obviously in the wrong of this argument i except that and will now shut up

If you are trying to insult my intelligence, let me first start by informing you that I have much more education than you and I