wcwrestler189

Reid or Wolsifier

Who would win if they met at 165?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win if they met at 165?

• Mason Reid
    • Johnny Wolsiefer

Spell John's name right!!

Reid can barely make 171 as it is. He'd never see 165, and I believe John weighs in the 150's. Pound for pound, John is better, IMO.

What if we put John on a diet and had him drop to 112 to wrestle Sullivan. Would he pin Sullivan in the 1st of 2nd period?

He's not a big 171 really, but if you wanna be like that about it, then mosts of these posts on here are pointless, the rankings dont make a difference and half the ppl we talk about on here will never wrestle, this site was made to talk about stuff like this so just chill out.

wc wrestler I don;t know who u are, But u sound like a mean sock elf!  maybe u need to chill out.  I think wolsifer would win, but after reid's good performance at the beast who knows!

wc wrestler if it so crappy, why do you bother getting on here? :roll:

He never said the site was crappy. He just said half the posts on here by people are pointless and it's true they are.

Spell John's name right!!

Reid can barely make 171 as it is. He'd never see 165, and I believe John weighs in the 150's. Pound for pound, John is better, IMO.

What if we put John on a diet and had him drop to 112 to wrestle Sullivan. Would he pin Sullivan in the 1st of 2nd period?

yes when we dualed them i was talking to one of their assit. coaches and i he was laughing saying ried would be allowed to go 160 if he wanted to..he seemned like it wouldn't be a hard drop either....I think if reid wants to go out on top (even more) he needs to drop to 160 if still allowed and beat Johnny for the title

both of these guys are great wrestlers, but honestly, i havent seen anyone who wrestles with the intensity of John W. He has his mind in the game no matter what no matter where. The question that should be asked is how would John W. beat Mason?

Not to offend anyone ,but Wolsifer is in a class above Reid, now dont get me wrong because Reid is also in a class above most highschool wrestlers. 10 out of 10 matches and Johnny gets the W.

Reid doesn't seem to be dominating kentucky wrestlers he only beat neal of sk 5-2

Wolsifier dominates every opponent it seems like

Not really. He only beat Wheeler by one point last year at state, and Choate by 4 at state. And what has he accomplished this year? Reid took 6th at Beast of the East, what has Wolsiefer done at national tournaments? Reid stuck the #2 kid as well. I think Wolsiefer used to be the best wrestler in the state, but not anymore. A few people have passed him up.

Maybe Wolseifer will bump up a weight class at the Dragon Invitational this year & wrestle 171.  Ryle will also be there, so there you have it, Johnny vs. Mason in the finals of the Dragon.  That would be fun to see, but it's probably not going to happen.

Reid doesn't seem to be dominating Kentucky wrestlers he only beat neal of sk 5-2

Wolsifier dominates every opponent it seems like

Wow I guess Brownfield from Campbell Co. and Brad Hitchings must really be average wrestlers because Reid pinned both of them. 

Lets not base our opinion on one match.  :evil:

Reid pinned the kid from trinity and cambell i believe both in under a minute and if not that i know it was in the first period so i doubt wolsiefer is really as good as him even though i have never seen wolsiefer wrestle. Also I think the only reason reid only beat neal 5 to 2 is because neal had wrestled him so many times that he knew what he was going to do.

Reid pinned the kid from trinity and cambell i believe both in under a minute and if not that i know it was in the first period so i doubt wolsiefer is really as good as him even though i have never seen wolsiefer wrestle. Also I think the only reason reid only beat neal 5 to 2 is because neal had wrestled him so many times that he knew what he was going to do.

Bernie, do you really expect people to value your opinion regarding the better wrestler, Reid or Wolsiefer, when you admit you have never even seen Wolsiefer wrestle?

Let's not be naive here. Reid may have pinned the Trinity kid and the Campbell kid, but pins don't prove a wrestler's dominance over his competition. In any given match a good wrestler can put himself in a bad position and get stuck, so pins should never be the make-or-break statistic. I have watched both wrestlers more than once, and I have to say that I have never seen Wolseifer put himself in a position to possibly lose a match. No one has even challenged him ( meaning he has been in control of every match) since Jairus Murton graduated. He might have only beat Choate by 4 in the finals last year, but John was never in danger of losing the bout. Wolseifer is the better wrestler. I don't mean to take anything away from Mason, but pound for pound, Wolseifer has him beat.

Let's not be naive here. Reid may have pinned the Trinity kid and the Campbell kid, but pins don't prove a wrestler's dominance over his competition. In any given match a good wrestler can put himself in a bad position and get stuck, so pins should never be the make-or-break statistic. I have watched both wrestlers more than once, and I have to say that I have never seen Wolseifer put himself in a position to possibly lose a match. No one has even challenged him ( meaning he has been in control of every match) since Jairus Murton graduated. He might have only beat Choate by 4 in the finals last year, but John was never in danger of losing the bout. Wolseifer is the better wrestler. I don't mean to take anything away from Mason, but pound for pound, Wolseifer has him beat.

That isn't the point. Nobody is giving him this reverence just because of the two falls over Hitchings and Brownfield. They are doing it because of a combination of those wins coupled with his performance at beast. Reid, Sullivan, and Courtney will be the most dominant wrestlers this year in Kentucky. I thought Johnny would have his work cut out for him with at least Ervin standing between him and his third title. Now that he has a hurt leg I definitely think it's withen the realm of possibility that Johnny might not even make finals if he is hit with one of the top 160's when state rolls around.

Let's not be naive here. Reid may have pinned the Trinity kid and the Campbell kid, but pins don't prove a wrestler's dominance over his competition. In any given match a good wrestler can put himself in a bad position and get stuck, so pins should never be the make-or-break statistic. I have watched both wrestlers more than once, and I have to say that I have never seen Wolseifer put himself in a position to possibly lose a match. No one has even challenged him ( meaning he has been in control of every match) since Jairus Murton graduated.

It looked like he was going to lose to Wheeler from Larue in the second match at state. One point match.

Cooper gave him a match the first time he won state.

lol...that was 2 years ago.  Sorry, don't see where that matters at all.  As far as the Wheeler match goes, anyone watching that match knows that the ref had a LOT to do with that match being close.  Sorry, but that's the truth.  Todd "Center Stage" Cole.....aka "Prime Time" was at his best.

Lil...that was 2 years ago.  Sorry, don't see where that matters at all.  As far as the Wheeler match goes, anyone watching that match knows that the ref had a LOT to do with that match being close.  Sorry, but that's the truth.  Todd "Center Stage" Cole.....aka "Prime Time" was at his best.

Wow some sour feelings against Cole here?  I for one believe he may be one of the top 2-5 in the state.  Barnett being the only one for sure above him.