Sign in to follow this  
DrCradle

State Duals in 2 weeks

Bullitt Central and PRP will be representing Region 3.  Yes Region 3 will be represented this year at the State Duals.

or doss.

seneca

trinity

dunbar

woodford

sheldon clark

wayne county

prp

bullitt central

ryle

simon kenton

union county

fort campbell ???

Larue

North Hardin

fern creek

south oldham

henry clay

and I think there are always some wildcards

seneca

trinity

dunbar

woodford

sheldon clark

wayne county

prp

bullitt central

ryle

simon kenton

union county

fort campbell ???

Larue

North Hardin

fern creek

south oldham

henry clay

and I think there are always some wildcards

The wild cards are to fill in the spots for the regions that do not fill their spots.

I believe they seed the top four teams at state duals and then random draw the others. Based on what I've seen this year, the top four teams will be

#1 - Fern Creek (My pick to win state duals. They are solid from top to bottom.)

#2 - Union County

#3 - Larue County (Union and Larue county are close in strength and would be a good battle. Union should build an early lead through the classes 103 - 119. But after that it's difficult to predict.)

#4 -  Trinity 

Potential spoilers: Seneca, South Oldham, Woodford County, Sheldon Clark and Wayne County.

I haven't seen Wayne Co. or Sheldon Clark, but coming out of the 8th region over McCreary County, they will be tough and may warrant a top 4 seed.

sowcsoc, How could Woodford be considered a potential spoiler? If they are at full strength, wouldn't they have to be a favorite?

true, but has there been a single meet yet this year where woodford has been at full strength?

I haven't seen Wayne, Trinity, or Fern Creek this year. However, of the teams that I HAVE seen wrestle, I would have to put Woodford and Larue in the finals this year.

Although Simon Kenton placed second in Region 6, they will not be attending state duals due to previous tournament commitments. Campbell County will be there instead. Wayne County will be very difficult to beat as will Larue County.