Sign in to follow this  
EMS Coach Cardwell

Dream Match

I heard, not sure if its true but:

Louden ran out of blood time in the 3rd period during the State finals and had to forfeit, to bad too because Shute who was clearly out of gas from trying to get off his back!

Both went on to wrestle in college but when Carla ran off with Shute, Louden was never the same! They never wrestled each other again because Louden quit cutting so much weight at the advice of his physician, Dr. Matt Burns.

Rumor has it they both have 4th graders attending rival catholic grade schools in upstate New York wrestling in the 65lb wt class shaping up for a great Vision Quest 2020.

Some matchups I thought would have been good, suprised we didnt see some of these with there weights being so close.

Metzker vs Brad Cooper....  Pretty sure Brad Cooper beat Scott Cooper there senior year

Wolsiefer vs Courtney

Wolsiefer vs Mitch Ervin ...  Should of happened last year

Wolsiefer vs Pat Banks

Mason Reid vs Any of the above

Peace vs Courtney/Banks/Ervin

Theunamen vs Banks..... Recently two of the best never to win a championship imo.

Jordan Whiting vs Marlon Dill.... Imagine that!!!

Matchups I hope to see this year.

Issac Ervin vs Coutney

Dusty Brown vs Josh Johnson

Johnson vs Justin Davis

Bruce Stepp (Sheldon Clark) vs. Frank Wolnitzek (Holmes) Heavyweight

Jason Detre (Larue) vs Miguel Merritt (Hopkinsville) 189

Ian Horn (Woodford Co.) vs. Willie Ennels (Hopkinsville) 160

No disrespect but Big Willie Style was and is faster, stronger, and flat out better than Horn.. Anyone that wrestled in that late 80's early 90's or got to witness Willie's grace should agree

This may be true about Willie but Ian would beat him in the 3rd period.  Ennels had no wind.  Every close match he needed to take a break.  With todays rules he would

1: only have 1:30 injury instead of 2 minutes

2: would not be able to take 3 or 4 short time outs like you use to be able to do until a cummulitive 2:00.

Ian would be able to keep it close until the 3rd then mop him up in the last 2 minutes. (if you want to go that far however. Jarod Trice trumps them all)

Jerod Trice was dominant.  The only reason Horn won his 1st state title, was because Hank Pinner's shoulder was torn all to hell.  Pinner at 100% was dominant as well.  He made it back to the finals even with that shoulder which he had surgery on after state.

I agree that Tendi was dominant but he was untested for the most part. 

After defeating Archie Stepp his Soph. year.  His opponents were not of the greatest calliabar (sp).

He defeated McKinlly Stepp (sh cl) and Jarod Combs (Scott) his senior

I believe Trice would easily defeat him, Ennels would out manuver him.  Not to mention the Miguell Merrit.

Jordan whiting vs. matt byrd

caleb wood (112 year) vs. sullivan (senior year)

coty lewis (112) vs. peace (112)

Who would win these matches?

This is what I think the results would be.

Byrd pin Whiting ...  Byrd was a pretty good wrestler for being a big guy and I think he would catch Whiting.

Sullivan MDec Wood ....  Caleb Wood never really impressed me to much.

Lewis m dec Peace ....  Peace was a 8th grader when he was 112 I believe.  Lewis was at the top of his game at 112, and would of been to much.  Anyother year after this and the outcome would probably be different.

Ive got Joe Carr v. Jeremy Rhodes match on tape. Jeremy was wrestling up a weight class. It was pretty good. Went to overtime.

I watched Joe work Harrison over in practice today. I didn't get to see Joe in his prime, but it was funny to watch him dismantle Harrison. His speed is still insane.

Last years what should have been the finals... Bailey vs Whiting....Bailey would destroy Whiting n my opinion

Duck, I agree with you on that. I was really impressed with Bailey. Thought all year he would be the champ. And he was so big, Whiting wouldn't have gotten away with throwing him into a table.

I would have to say a great rematch would have been curt martin from caldwell against the kid from whitley co., in the state semi finals match 2 years ago, it was a great match it was decided after the 4th overtime. the whitley co. kid won because kurt couldnt get the escape in the last overtime.

it would literally have to go on forever because the ervins just keep poppin em out and they just devastate by the age of three... so it would have to end in a draw.