wildcat2002

Mizzou vs ilinois Livestream

Rachal is an unorthodox HWT. He is small for HWT, and has a bit of a gut on him which gives the appearance of a not so impressive athlete. However, for a HWT he does have some funk. Hard to prepare for, especially when you are expecting a totally different style in Brooks Black. Is Black healthy? Or was he held out as Mizzou had the dual locked up at that point? 

Looked like Myers had a body lock and Rachal used that to toss him. 

• Upvote 1

People react like this all the time. Especially when someone gets thrown. Even when it's your own teammate... Sometimes your just like damn you just got launched... It Happens. Probably to everyone that posted me included. So we not supposed to comment on it because  his dad might get antagonized? Not following the logic.

• Upvote 3

No shame in losing a wrestling match. Much respect to everyone who steps on the line. To do it at the NCAA DI level is impressive. 

That doesn’t mean you can’t post critiques. These are adults after all. 

• Upvote 1

As usual a bunch of haters lol a very different match than Black who Austin lost to by 1 last yr,of everyone around Austin it is actually ME who tells him most to practice greco ..like when he became.the states first greco AA ever ,he has no one in.his room.that wrestles him that way and never did in ky ,no excuses he needs to cover all the bases ...but heavies throw and pin not that any of.you know anything about the sport.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, LIONHEART said:

a very different match than Black who Austin lost to by 1 last yr,of everyone around Austin it is actually ME who tells him most to practice greco ..like when he became.the states first greco AA ever ,he has no one in.his room.that wrestles him that way and never did in ky ,no excuses he needs to cover all the bases ...but heavies throw and pin

Yup. My boys learned so much from practicing GR/FS. It really helps in the folk game. Tough to game plan for Black and then get Rachal. It is kind of like sitting in the on deck circle timing a pitcher's fastball only to have the manager bring in a knuckleballer.  

Any insight into why Black did not wrestle? I know dual was in hand by that point, but I would think Heffernan would want him to knock some rust off after being injured quite a bit last year. ALSO, Brock Ervin is listed as a student volunteer coach. Great to see he is still part of the game.

• Upvote 1

No doubt Austin is disappointed with his performance. But anyone that's wrestled knows that being thrown can happen to anyone. He'll make the necessary adjustments and get back after it. 

You guys are funny,Austin has a bad match gets blasted ,makes finals of lindenwood not a word ,and yes that was Marcus Harrington ISU the fargo champ from his jr yr in his class where he got robbed of making finals that he beat yesterday 8 to 3 in semis,takes second as Mizzou dominates ,

I believe it was probay wildcat who said he got lucky to avoid Harrington a few yrs ago ,ISU recruited Austin heavily then nothing all good now,losses will come to be followed by even more wins ,

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Two nice wins for MU and even without Eirman. That says alot for those guys. Nice job by Austin, wrestled two tough matches. Starting out strong and hope he gets to break into that top 25 soon.

• Upvote 1

All I can say as least he didn't wrestle to lose. But I have no idea what he was thinking on that lat drop attempt. I'm sure he had a nice civil conversation with the head coach in the locker room after.. 

17 hours ago, Neutral said:

All I can say as least he didn't wrestle to lose. But I have no idea what he was thinking on that lat drop attempt. I'm sure he had a nice civil conversation with the head coach in the locker room after.. 

Agreed. I respect the fact he went after Stoll, but my goodness, that was a poor strategy with the dual hanging in the balance. Purely out of curiosity, I wonder when the last time Illinois beat Iowa in a dual? 

I think Iowa alum and fans will only put up with mediocrity for so long this season. Especially knowing Coach Brands and company have some hammers on the shelf. I think they could have a very different looking team if they insert Lee at 125, Lugo at 141, Marinelli at 165, Downey at 184 and unleash Warner at 197. Add that with Sorensen, Kemerer and Stoll, this is an Iowa team that is ready to compete. Only mediocre  spots in the line up would be Laux at 133 and Gunther at 174. 

• Upvote 1