Sign in to follow this  
VisionQuest

State Duals

1 minute ago, cardinalfan said:

Small School is at Lindsey Wilson College.

That'll be a cool venue. I was just repeating what was previously mentioned on here. Is it still the 30th?

Seems like there is quite a bit of confusion. I went to the KYWCA website to try and confirm dates and and locations, but it hasn't been updated for quite sometime. Hopefully Coach McCoy or someone will see this thread and we can get some answers.

Sucks for Ryle.  Having to host and not be in the mix.  Ryle as a bright future.  The middle school team will be as good as the 2010 team next year. 

With the way teams seem to back out every year, Ryle may get to wrestle in it. I know in the small school division, atleast one team already declined to go. I know coach Mccoy has went through a horrible time trying to get teams to fill in before

2 hours ago, UniPeck said:

Whoa feelings police!

Whoa.  Your a instigating fool.  There was no reason for you to reply to my post.  I was just stating that Ryle is hosting and is not wrestling.  That is not the norm for that program.  My son wrestled there for 4 years and was 3 time state placer.  I have been around the program .  Of course they would love the money.  Don't be an ass.  If you would like to talk more about this "feelings police" call me 859-912-5954.  I am sure it will be productive.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm with Belk on this one!  Unipeck, you started the ridiculousness, Mr. Belk explained his valid point, then you say "calm down?"  Off the charts passive/aggressive.  Keep it to wrestling 

Ok your right I'm the one who is name calling and asking to have a phone call to obviously escalate things further? Over the top passive agresive, smh? Just put the fact that "sucks" is a relative statement. Get some perspective, some teams are home with no dual tournament to host, with large well established teams with parents, little brothers and sisters and grandparents who all spend money and buy tickets. This all means more money for their/your team...yeah that sucks. 

If I remember right some years Henry Clay did not participate in the event when they were hosting, although most years they took advantage of teams cancelling.  It certainly would not be fun to host and not participate although getting all the gate and concession money would be a nice consolation prize.  I think you're both right.

I have been giving this subject some thought. and have some ideas that may help some of the problems ( such as teams backing out)

If   team A has a full team and team B only has 6 wrestlers why would team A wrestle anyone? they could win the match and keep their wrestlers rested. Since team B has no chance, why would they wish to compete in this format?    Therefore:  change big school/ little school to mean number of competitors. Big school 9-14 wrestlers , small school 1-8.

NEXT: have all sectionals take place on the same weekend. this is imperative for if everyone is committed to that one weekend then that becomes the only game in town.  If your not going to wrestling in your sectionals you will have to leave the state to wrestle because everyone else is going to be there.

13 minutes ago, depperschmidt said:

I have been giving this subject some thought. and have some ideas that may help some of the problems ( such as teams backing out)

If   team A has a full team and team B only has 6 wrestlers why would team A wrestle anyone? they could win the match and keep their wrestlers rested. Since team B has no chance, why would they wish to compete in this format?    Therefore:  change big school/ little school to mean number of competitors. Big school 9-14 wrestlers , small school 1-8.

NEXT: have all sectionals take place on the same weekend. this is imperative for if everyone is committed to that one weekend then that becomes the only game in town.  If your not going to wrestling in your sectionals you will have to leave the state to wrestle because everyone else is going to be there.

That is a very good proposal i completely agree

8 minutes ago, Usawresstling said:

That is a very good proposal i completely agree

Like I said before, we've tried to set a single date, it won't pass. The kywca have brought.it up multiple times and for that very reason. But too many are against it because of the fact they have small section duals and feel it's a wasted sat, or they have other places they want to go 

1 hour ago, depperschmidt said:

Sounds good in theory, but since you can't guarantee the school's with 1-8 wrestlers will all be in the same weight class it still won't work.  For example...small school team A has 7 wrestlers, all in the first 7 weight classes, 106 through 145lbs.  Team B has 6 wrestlers, 152lbs through 220lb.  Not a single match to be wrestled.  Now that's an extreme example, but in all likelihood, if you did it the way you recommend, there's a good chance each dual would have only a handful of matches.  The only way your plan works is if the majority of each small school's wrestlers are all in the same weight classes, which isn't likely.  Sorry, but duals just don't work if teams don't have close to full lineups, and teams with low numbers just aren't going to do that type of event. 

I really like the idea of small/big based on lineup number vs school size.  Union is always going to have a full lineup and wants to wrestle the best.  The scheduling side is apparently whole different animal.  It seems ridiculous because nobody has scheduling conflicts with regionals or state.  I would like to think the full lineup schools would have duals on their schedule the same way every year.