Sign in to follow this  
halfhalfhalf

tournaments this weekend

The wrestlers will get up to 3 more - http://khsaa.org/022315-bylaw-23-waivers-for-wrestling/

It will be interesting to see if any pop up this weekend. For non-KHSAA sanctioned events; a quick look at trackwrestling.com shows 3 near Indianapolis, 1 @ Mater-Dei, and 1 in Tell City on Sunday. Additionally, it seems this is the weekend for TN and WV state plus regionals in Ohio. 

Reading that I'm not completely clear if a kid can wrestle as an individual....ie: team coach decides not to schedule team event and kid still wants wrestle somewhere. Would a weigh in somewhere disqualify him? Or is it just a catastrophic insurance thing?

"This waiver is not required and does not apply to athletes who may enter competitions as individuals during this time period, provided that the restrictions of Bylaw 23 are complied with (no school uniforms, transportation, coach assisted travel, others contained in case situation BL-23-6). These individual competitions ARE NOT covered by the KHSAA Catastrophic Insurance plan."

I'd venture this means that individuals can enter events, but at their own risk.

I saw those however it makes more Practical sense to stay in KY

Tell City and Evansville Mater Dei are both within a mile or two of the Ohio River. Does it make more practical sense for the kids that live in KY but are just 15 minutes from one of those schools to instead drive 2 hours or more to a tournament that is in KY?

The wrestlers will get up to 3 more - http://khsaa.org/022315-bylaw-23-waivers-for-wrestling/

It will be interesting to see if any pop up this weekend. For non-KHSAA sanctioned events; a quick look at trackwrestling.com shows 3 near Indianapolis, 1 @ Mater-Dei, and 1 in Tell City on Sunday. Additionally, it seems this is the weekend for TN and WV state plus regionals in Ohio. 

I just wanted to say for whoever is reading (listening) to us go crazy on this site, thank you very much for listening to our concerns.  Thank you for rescheduling the tournament so that all that qualified can participate, thank you for addressing the concerns some had for weight allowance, and thank you for allowing competition in the interim before state.  It is truly appreciated.

Why in the world would you risk going to a tournament before State....I mean really....!!!!   The Lindsey Wilson Camp sounds like the best bet to me if your young man has qualified for State...

I see it coming....somebody missing their chance to wrestle for a State Championship......Think about that one coaches !!!!

Lindsey Wilson the place to be if you want to make the podium....!!!!!!!!

Why in the world would you risk going to a tournament before State....I mean really....!!!!   The Lindsey Wilson Camp sounds like the best bet to me if your young man has qualified for State...

I see it coming....somebody missing their chance to wrestle for a State Championship......Think about that one coaches !!!!

Lindsey Wilson the place to be if you want to make the podium....!!!!!!!!

Whats the difference between a camp and another tournament, both can lead to injury?

GO FOR IT Plantmanky.....You get 110% coming at you in competition....75% to 100% when training.....    Just an opinion.....Lindsey Wilson, Carr Academy and ETC is where I would be !

Walking down my sidewalk right now can lead to injury....

Why risk some stud from Indiana tearing your arm off or tweaking your knee 10 days before your State Tournament !!!!!  

Always a risk for injury. The dragon was the same amount of time before state. Those 20+ teams obviously didn't take your approach. It's a concern 100% of the time, but it's a coaches/kids decision on what is best way to approach state.....arguments on both sides. I'd also bet that a fair amount of the hammers that just wrestled the state tourney in Indiana won't be ripping off shoulders this weekend.

It is a risk no doubt-kids get bored wrestling the same partners each day-Coaches get bored and cut practice shorter wach day. Kids need to be challenged with live competition weekly or they get stagnant, lose focus, and lose their edge. No kid joins a program to practice-they want, need, and should keep competing to stay hard and ready to climb to the top of the podium.

Just my opinion...better safe than sorry...I would think Coach Adams at St Catharine or Coach Ruff at Lindsey Wilson wouldn't put their qualifiers out there with NAIA Nationals coming up...would love to hear from them regarding this and other coaches...If it's my call...they stay in MY room...Lindsey Wilson State Champ Camp...Carr Academy or ETC... !!

Might also be interesting to hear from some of the state qualifiers along with the coaches. Coaches don't get on the mats and compete in a few weeks-the wrestlers do. Sure hate to see the first two rounds turn out sloppy with flat performances due to a lack of competitive weekends back to back to back. I think the kids or teams that get a few matches in between now and March 10 will be more competitive and ready to wrestle. Just my opinion. Coaches will probably keep them locked up.

Louwrestling55 i am not disagreeing with you but i can tell you one coach up in ohio who is really against kids going to a bunch of tournaments,he says you are way better off practicing until you have done a move thousands of times and can basically do it in your sleep.The coach is Miron K.(can't spell his last name). I often seconded guessed his philosophy but after seeing what his son did i guess i can say it works.His son would be at basically every camp he ever had but would not be allowed to compete in any tournaments,its kind of a Russian thing.This year he let his son wrestle at super32,now almost everyone would say thats a terrible move for your first tournament,well guess what he won it.I have never heard of such a hugh accomplishment in your first tournament.So i can see practicing over competition some times.

I wholeheartedly believe in practicing-but their is an expression that "the game is the best teacher". I hope every kid that qualifies stays healthy and gets that opportunity to compete for the coveted championship. Just seems there has to be a happy medium. 3 weeks is a long time between competitions. If they are banged up, rrest them. If they are not, give them some matches to stay in the groove and keep their eye on the prize. Either way, good luck to all state qualifiers and thanks to the coaches for getting them ready for the big show in a few weeks.

Sign in to follow this