Sign in to follow this  

$7 for a pretzel and coke

It will probably only be worse for horse park. $7 for a pretzel and a coke for lunch, and then $10 for a cheeseburger and a vitamin water for dinner.

Horse Park sure beats Frankfort when it comes to concessions...I thought the food at Horse Park was amazing...salads etc...a lot of whining going on if you ask me...just because some dislike the move to the Horse Park...Personally...Alltech is a fantastic venue for State Championship Wrestling...my opinion only..again !

Horse Park sure beats Frankfort when it comes to concessions...I thought the food at Horse Park was amazing...salads etc...a lot of whining going on if you ask me...just because some dislike the move to the Horse Park...Personally...Alltech is a fantastic venue for State Championship Wrestling...my opinion only..again !

I paid $10 for a cheeseburger and a vitamin water. I hate to imagine what you payed for a salad. I don't thinking being unhappy with price gouging is the same as whining.

• Upvote 1

It's not going to be any different at any large venue. Aside from a couple of minor league baseball parks where you can get $1hot dogs and $1 beers, you're going to overpay for mediocre food at a large sporting event (or any event) at a large venue. Concessions are typically run by outside companies who bid for the privilege of doing so. Unless you live in a cave, you shouldn't be surprised.

I personally like the horse park as well, I think its better for the sport. I mean come one, 70-80 high school teams and you have a 3 day tournament with four mats as opposed to 8 mats, Alltech is a great venue imo.

Id boycot the food, I assure you KHSAA could give a dam about what the fans think, I am very tired of the current KHSAA wrestling people in Frankfort. The dissconnect from the coaches association is terrible. I  hope that new more well rounded people would get voted in charge to make the decisions.

Other than the breathing issue I think the Horse Park is a great venue.  The real problem is the KHSAA, not the Horse Park.  Agree about the food pricing, any venue like this is going to gouge prices.  We'll be bringing in all of our food in the wrester's bags.  Since I'm a new head coach and haven't been in the game for a couple of years now, what is the hospitality room like?  I know at the Civic Center is was horrible.

I personally like the horse park as well, I think its better for the sport. I mean come one, 70-80 high school teams and you have a 3 day tournament with four mats as opposed to 8 mats, Alltech is a great venue imo.

Id boycot the food, I assure you KHSAA could give a dam about what the fans think, I am very tired of the current KHSAA wrestling people in Frankfort. The dissconnect from the coaches association is terrible. I  hope that new more well rounded people would get voted in charge to make the decisions.

1.  KHSAA is in Lexington, not Frankfort

2.  KHSAA Commissioners are not voted in, they are appointed by the Kentucky Board of Education, as well as those members on the Board of Control.

As I have said repeatedly, If you have complaints with the KHSAA it does no good to complain to them, they are just a puppet for the Kentucky Board of Education, that is where your complaints need to land. 

I've heard that the dirt floor will be covered by a tarp this year.  Is that true?  If so I can see it helping but nothing can be done about the dust already in the air.  I guess your son already as an inhaler that he can use?

I've heard that the dirt floor will be covered by a tarp this year. Is that true? If so I can see it helping but nothing can be done about the dust already in the air. I guess your son already as an inhaler that he can use?

I don't know for high school, but at youth atate there was no tarp. I personally hate it that I can't even wear my contacts. I tried and so much dust in my eyes that I couldn't do it, that's pretty crappy environment for athletes at the championship level.

I don't know for high school, but at youth atate there was no tarp. I personally hate it that I can't even wear my contacts. I tried and so much dust in my eyes that I couldn't do it, that's pretty crappy environment for athletes at the championship level.

Yes there was/is a tarp, you just cant see it because the plastic floor was on top of it.  It was down for youth state, you could see it around the edges.   IMO the dust was minimum if at all this year. 

Yes there was/is a tarp, you just cant see it because the plastic floor was on top of it. It was down for youth state, you could see it around the edges. IMO the dust was minimum if at all this year.

got you. Just knew around edges the dirt was still exposed. TArp or no tarp, wrestling shouldn't have to deal with it reguardless. It's kids competing, not horses. And I couldn't tell a difference. My stuff still had dust all over it and I still felt like I'd been in a dusty barn all day. Maybe I'm just too o.c.d., but it bothers me. Other then all the dirt, I like the facility

Yes there was/is a tarp, you just cant see it because the plastic floor was on top of it.  It was down for youth state, you could see it around the edges.   IMO the dust was minimum if at all this year. 

Yes the floor was a bit  dirty, but I noticed zero problems with dust.  I had one of my more sensitive kids competing on Sunday and he had zero issues as well.

got you. Just knew around edges the dirt was still exposed. TArp or no tarp, wrestling shouldn't have to deal with it reguardless. It's kids competing, not horses. And I couldn't tell a difference. My stuff still had dust all over it and I still felt like I'd been in a dusty barn all day. Maybe I'm just too o.c.d., but it bothers me. Other then all the dirt, I like the facility

Then where do you want to have it, come up with an option of a place that can hold 10 mats plus the crowd.  Im all ears. 

Then where do you want to have it, come up with an option of a place that can hold 10 mats plus the crowd. Im all ears.

No need to get all defensive. Like I said, I like the facility, just not the dirt. Maybe they can do more to clean before state and more to keep dust down.

And I'm sure I'll probably get ripped for this, but what ever happen to the logic making your tournament fit this proper facilities you have, instead of making a facility fit the needs of your tournament. We have fought to find facilities that would work and no one can come up with one. So what if we found a great facility to use, and we adjust the tournament so ghat it works there. Just a thought, I want to find the best for everyone.

The arena is not fit for a human sporting event. Too many athletes are affected by the quality of air. It is very unfair to the ones that are. If the KHSAA continues to overlook this ,it shows where their heart is . It's that simple.

• Upvote 2

Then where do you want to have it, come up with an option of a place that can hold 10 mats plus the crowd. Im all ears.

Western Kentucky university

They are going to lose the girls sweet 16 after this year. This is a large enough venue 7500+ seats in a human sporting facility. Not only that but the addiquite infastructer(Hotel, restaurants,etc) to put on this show. Also this could help grow the sport there where it is absent.

• Upvote 1

They are going to lose the girls sweet 16 after this year. This is a large enough venue 7500+ seats in a human sporting facility. Not only that but the addiquite infastructer(Hotel, restaurants,etc) to put on this show. Also this could help grow the sport there where it is absent.

Whats the rental fee?

Haven't been in that gym, but can you get 8 mats down?? Also with no close wrestling programs, all the wrestling infrastructure (mats, etc) will have to be transported in from longer distances. Attendance would likely suffer as there would be little to no local interest as there are no programs in the area. I don't think hosting state would flip the wrestling switch and suddenly create programs in the area. Timing wise, you'll be competing for space with WKU's basketball teams. And, I'm just guessing, but rental cost would likely be significantly higher, and you'd still pay $7 for a pretzel and coke.

I'm sure this is just dreaming but, there are several venues which could accomodate this event. 1) NKUs  Bank of Ky. center

2) Moreheads Johnson Arena  3) EKUs McBrayer Arena.   all have seating for 6500+ the event could move around to all corners of the state. I'm aware planning and scheduling  would be a daunting issue, way to much to hope for from KHSAA. but one can still say

"I Have a Dream"!

Sign in to follow this