Sign in to follow this  
TECHnWIN

138.. stab in the dark

Ok. First off talent is deep here, deepest of the 14 weight classes. Heres my stab.

1. Aj. Binder- rumor has been floating around on here he is coming up to 138. If the case hes the favorite here. I believe his only losses are to Duncan, who is a tough cookie to crack. The match btw was one of the best I have witnessed all year (dragon). Do believe he is too slick and smart for the rest here.

2.Bryan Sparh- Picks up a win over Bj. Miller this past weekend. Has already beaten miles, and correct me if I'm wrong but dont recall any losses to top 10 company at 138.

3. TRENT JOHNSON- young gun is on a role and will be a powerhouse in the near future. Has wins now over vasquez, bird, miles, henehan, with a loss to emerson

4.. Angel Vasquez- senoir, been solid for many years now. Seems the injury has set him back quite a ways. Still will be a competitor come state time. Lost to Trenton Johnson

5.Bj miller- senoir, full of fight. Has 2 wins over state placer currently ranked 4th Derek Miller.

6 through 10 are a coin flip, any given day could end up differently.

Brady emerson-beats johnson, pinned by Woodford, looses to henehan and miles

Derek miller- solid wrestler

Dallas miles- capable of pulling upsets, or being extreamly upset come state time.

Derek Wiley- close losses to angel, pins henehan.

Jeremy henehan- beat Emerson, pinned by Wiley and johnson

Outside of the top few, there is more inconsistency in this weight class then I have ever seen.The draw will be very important to many, still wished tbey would seed top 4. Believe the edge would go to binder, if the rumor is accurate, if not the door is off the hinges.

Nicely done!

I believe it's Binder and then the rest. Johnson looked great at the Dragon, so if put him right there....even in front of Spahr. And since Vasquez already beat Spahr, I'd throw him in at 3

Im sure many are hoping Sparh loses to vasques again ,but that will most likely ,not happen CC wrestles different schedule than most a one point or one td win does not amount to much by years end if your not wrestling tough comp ,but Sparh has been oit a lot himself with injury so who knows .

This weight class is going to be crazy at state... Really looking forward to those quarterfinal and semifinal matchups! The seeding of this weight class would be insane, probably best to just let the random draw play out here, especially when anyone can beat anyone in this weight

Lol i forgot about leak,there's another in the mix.wow going to be some great 2nd round matches.The team race could also be wild but i will give a slight edge to St.X.they field a lot of wrestlers that will score points,just not many champions.There are several teams with a big shot but each of them maybe 1 injury away from falling out of contention.Health and the random draw will play the biggest part in determining the championship,gonna be fun to watch

Vasquez is a Junior, it just seems like he has been around forever.  This is a crazy weight.  I won't count Bindner here until it actually happens.  Even if it does happen, I'm not convinced you just give him the top spot.

Not completely sure about this going off memory, But I am sure that if I am incorrect someone will point it out.   Sparh lost to Vasquez by one at the rumble. Vasquez had  a 5 point move in the 1st.

Sparh started turning things around looked like the stronger wrestler at the end but ran out of time. It was early and Vasquez had some health concerns and may have been a little out of shape.

I think Sparh is 1 and 1 against Wiley.

I do not give the #1 spot to Binder until he can show he can handle the bigger stronger wrestlers some of which have came down from 150lbs.

B10 you are right even if Aj was to go 138 there's no way he's a shoe in ,I think he would be slight favorite but he would have to bring it every match or he could get beat second round. Thanks No-OX he has done well,just can't get by that stud Duncan,lol

Spahr did lose to Vasquez early in the year (1 point decision) the second week of the season.  According to Track the only other loss to a KY wrestler is Miller (injury time).  If the question is who should be ranked where today, I give Spahr the edge.  With this class it's anybody's guess.  What makes it so interesting to me is that it will come down to style and matchups, anybody could win.  Thinking about it, maybe this weight was like this last year too, but Fausz was too dominant for us mortals to tell.

I'll believe it when I see it....binder going 138. Kid above him was pretty big. Not sure if decent plans will make it work...and if FC is going for team title

Physically, AJ looks like he needs to go up. I can't help but think that with a little more strength Duncan doesn't get that reversal. Hitchings will do what is best for the team.

Johnson is kicking butt everywhere-although he did lose to Spahr earlier in the year-Anyone believe he should be ranked higher?  Can Johnson keep his momentum going?  Young guys seem to be doing great things at State-Look at Carr last year for example-138 is an unbelievably Monster weight class-maybe Johnson vs a healthy Vazquez in the FINALS-Don't forget about BJ Miller either-Spahr keeps a low profile but has wrestled VERY well this season-another big dog in the hunt!!!!

If Hennehan does not weigh in at 134 this weekend than he cannot wrestle at 134 for region. His weight assessment may not let him get there this weekend. the only option would be to bump everyone up.

Bindner has no thoughts of going to 138.  His only thoughts are trying to figure out a way to beat Duncan.  Our lineup is set.

Sign in to follow this