Sign in to follow this  
purpleandgold

MS State Duals

The day before and it's quite. How many pools are there? Who will be the big surprise? With 2 teams backing out how many teams will be there?

North Oldham beat Union. Their coaches did a great job of keeping them focused and the wrestlers wrestled hard for them. The final came down to the last match between Ryle and North. It was great to watch the boys cheering with excitement for their teammates. The energy way awesome. North Won.

Was

• Upvote 1

Can't believe we haven't had more chatter on here today. Any good individual matches? Sneak peek at some matches coming up at State? Scores and results from duals?

Thank you Ranger for posting that. Very interesting results. Congrats to North Oldham for a job well done. I know that the true 2nd place match is a little lack luster, (I for one believe that if you make the finals and lose, you are the TRUE Runner Up), and the advantage definitely goes to the team that didn't just lose in the finals, but I still can't help but to wonder why Ryle didn't "fight" for what they had earned. I'm sure that a lot of factors go into that decision as a coach. But it would be hard for me to just give up that Runner Up spot. All in all, sounds like a very good day for KY wrestling. I look forward to seeing how this coming weekend works out. Tons of story lines. Ranger, will you have one more update to the rankings beforehand?

Lol. Totally understandable. No matter if you get the rankings out or not, sit down and eat dinner with your family at least once this week. They deserve it, and so do you!

I have a few of the results from our matches.  With so many of our kids wrestling out of their class we do not have many previews for you.

Ryle vs Johnson Co

121 Joe Adams over 13. Jon Fraley Johnson County (MDec)
152 1. Joe Jackson Johnson County over 11. David Williams Ryle (Fall)

Ryle vs River City

75-Michael Dodge Ryle over #10. Nathan Ohlmann (FALL)

86-#8 Jack Calvery River City over Will Watkins (Dec) 

92-#6 86# Connor Lee Ryle over 14. Zach Pledger River City (Dec)

105-#7 98# Shay Horton Ryle over 11. Jimmy Kraeszig River City (Dec)

Ryle vs Campbell Co

70-#4. 75# Zach Wells Campbell County over #7 Cole Thomas (MDec)

130 Dillon Talmon Ryle over 7. Daulton Mayer Campbell County (Dec)

168 11 152# David Williams Ryle over 12. Brandon Messer Campbell County (Fall)

Ryle vs North Hardin

86- #6 Connor Lee over 11. David Dahl North Hardin (Fall)
113-13 105# Noah Duke Ryle over 10. Evion Thornton North Hardin (Fall)
121- Joe Adams Ryle over 11. Brandon Williams North Hardin (Dec)

Ryle vs North Oldham

I had to keep score at the table for this one so I don't have the results.
105- #7 98# Shay Horton Ryle over 10. Jacob Sarno North Oldham (Dec)
113-11. Marshall Royce North Oldham over 13 105# Noah Duke Ryle (Dec)

Biggest complaint is that the refs never rotated mats, and some teams were on the same may the whole time with the same ref, and when a ref is having a bad day and has a problem with someone it makes for a very bad day for that team. I even saw a team leave in the middle of the tournament because of this. MoCo is the perfect venue for wrestling though, love the setup.

Woodford left! But anyone of k ow this team should k ow it's no surprise several of the moms and dad's got kicked out and the team was overall rude as usual with the officials and others around , program at Woodford is a good program it's just that they have major attitude but awesome wrestlers I think the fact they were not winning everyone of the matches it upset them!

• Upvote 1

Woodford parents "left in protest" after their match was already over and a parent had been kicked out. They also threw trash around all the way to and including the parking lot.

What a message to send the kids.......

What ever happened to being ashamed of bad behavior and setting an example for kids to follow!

We regulate the wrestlers behavior on the mat by taking points away for bad behavior or sportsmanship and then accept this kind of behavior from a group of parents, really?

• Upvote 1

Just going to be a dad, and say great job to Jackson Belk for Ryle. He is a 5th grader and wrestled like a beast. Yes number 1 ketchen-carter beat him 12-1 and number 2 kid from n oldham beat him. But he never quit and went after it like his older brother.