Sign in to follow this  
sbfraz

Elementary Team Kentucky Trials Tournament

Great way of working things out for the best outcome to make the event possible.  Chris, you had a good idea I guess that happens every now and then (jk).  Gameface and Ranger123 those boys of yours would be a spotlight worthy match for sure! 

Does the wrestler have to have a team coach present? Currently my son is the only one from his team going. I don't think we are going to have any of our coaches go.

A team coach does not have to be present.

Anyone still wanting to register, send me info and we can get them in.  Union contacted me today and I think are going to add some wrestlers.  Will be a good event.

Come at 10:00 am to weigh in and we will roll early.

Every one will have at least 2 matches as it stands now.

Thanks to everyone who came out and wrestled today. We had a great event and saw some strong wrestling! I'm glad to see KY taking another step forward!

I second that. Really cool event and well organized! Would have liked to seen more participants, but other than that it was a good start to what hopefully becomes a major event for KY youth wrestling.

Thanks to Sara Frazier, Jory Whorton, Jason Moore and everyone else that had a hand in hosting this event. As mentioned, a little out of the way for us NKY folks, but we enjoyed the scenic country drive down!

Too many people to thank; I'm sure I will miss someone.

Much thanks to the folks at Taylor County for stepping up and hosting a great event today. Coach Elam, Coach Wright, and Sarah Frazier. Great job being flexible and making it all happen.

Thanks Coach Whorton officiating and technical help along with Coach Brown on trackwrestling.

Big thanks to all of the kids and parents who supported this event. Having big programs like Ryle and Union there and bringing their kids was big.

Numbers were not huge but I saw some great wrestling today. Miracle v. Deckard was a great match worth the price of admission.

I am excited to see these kids compete in Iowa. Not sure how many duals we will win but I guarantee we will have a lot of fun.

This sounds like an outstanding event, is there any way to know who makes the team and where they are from?  I would be interested to see who made it, as I have come to know many of the kids my son has wrestled over the years. 

This sounds like an outstanding event, is there any way to know who makes the team and where they are from?  I would be interested to see who made it, as I have come to know many of the kids my son has wrestled over the years. 

Its on track wrestling.  They are making 2 teams I'm sure there will be some changes all you have to do is look at the brackets.  The top 2 at each weight.

Great Job with using Track wrestling today! Jory, Jason and the whole staff of Taylor County did a great job running a fun and smooth tournament. Sure would like to see more support from our youth teams that have opinions of which direction to take this sport, show up to these events. I know we have a lot of talent that was not there today. We could build more than 2 solid teams to represent our Kentucky in Iowa and Tennessee. I know the boys that earned spots on these teams are excited about their oppertunity.

It's not too early to think about next year....

Any ideas on how to get better participation for this event next year? 

So team 1 is going to Heartland Duals in Iowa & team 2 is going to AAU Nationals Duals in Kingsport TN,

Is that corrrct ?

So team 1 is going to Heartland Duals in Iowa & team 2 is going to AAU Nationals Duals in Kingsport TN,

Is that corrrct ?

Both teams are going to Heartland. This greatly simplifies logistics and reduces cost (no aau cards). Plus it is much better for team building to get all these kids together in one spot. The middle school team will be there as well.

Is there any support in putting a team together for the Kingsport tournament. I think I read were it was 5th grade and under. Is that correct?