Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

The Middle School List - Preseason 2013/2014

Antonio McCloud from Holmes should be on the list in the upper weights. Really good kid and a state qualifier. Holmes has some athletes on their team. They have really made great strides over the past three years.

Preston Mattingly from Apollo is a pretty tough kid. I think he will be a contender around 75lbs next year. There is a kid that moved in near Ft. Knox Gary Speed. I think he will place high next year I am guessing around 86lbs

Preston Mattingly from Apollo is a pretty tough kid. I think he will be a contender around 75lbs next year. There is a kid that moved in near Ft. Knox Gary Speed. I think he will place high next year I am guessing around 86lbs

Gary will be at the 86lb or 92lb class. We moved to Louisville instead of the Fort Knox area. He will be wrestling for River City, he is impressed with the staff and partners. Where will Gavin be this season?

Gavin will wrestle whatever is best for his team. Right now he weighs between 70-74

Hopefully I'll get to catch the end of the season. I am overseas again...its looking like I'll miss the season.

I think this list is going to have quite a few changes. There are a lot of kids that have been eating a little this off season. Big jumps for a bunch of kids.

Here are a few I know that have gotten bigger

Trent Johnson

Dylan gray

Jacob mcclintic

Saul Ervin

Micah Ervin

Zane brown

Brock whorton

Mason smith

I'm sure there are more kids I'm not aware of. Glad I don't have rangers job or trying to rank these kids

I've spoke with Dylan Gray's dad and whew has he hit a growth spurt. Trent Johnson def has put on the weight, but in a good way. Yes, Ranger may have to just wait until after the first month to put out any rankings with these kids hitting their growth spurts.

Getting excited should be a great year with some surprises. I love to look at the early season rankings then the state results. Should be fun.

I have to say, one kid that will make some noise at the MS state tourn that I'm not sure many people know of, HWT Airin Spell from Purchase Area Pounders.  He got beat by a kid from Mater Dei, but I believe their finals match at the UHA tourn on 11/9 was the match of the day.  Their club, being in Mayfield, does a lot of wrestling against Illinois competition.  He competed at state last year, don't know how he did, he is no ATM but he will be there in Feb.