Slow ride

team ky

Seriously ,Team Kentucky = the wrestling dual team is a wrestling team that tries to put together a good team to represent the state in a national wrestling Dual tournament everyone picked ibviously has passing grades , why the drama and no I'm

Not concerned about grades because my son has very very good ones But its a sport that athletes have to be passing in school to compete in what kind of people would put grade restrictions or take a spot from a kid with lower grades who's only joy in life may be wrestling , and perhaps someone may be training extra hard and slacked of on his work a bit but is still

Passing so someone now comes up with the idea of giving his spot to someone who may not be training as hard but has a better grade ,

:( seriously that's demented

I think what they are saying is to have an academic all state team. This team wouldn't actually compete as the state national team. It would just be an honor they received similar to an academic all American in college.

Goo maybe the KWCA could pick up on that, great idea!  Hopefully someone will see this and run with it.

Mprie, I know what Team Ky is, my son was on there last year as a middle schooler.  I didn't know if gpa's were involved on the hs level beacuse of the name of the tournament "scholastic" dual. 

I didn't think or wouldn't no k they would let a jr high kid on a national team at least not the 1st team other sates do not so in keeping with national rules I wouldn't think it was allowed but its good for ky , and passing grades would be apart of being on the team because they are picked by the state placers not picking an argument scholastic awards are great and a goal worthy of great wrestlers and students , my sons always got their academic awards in jr high at oac state , now I could care less I just want tem to destroy everyone , I don't care if they throw some ds on it lol , ATM has pretty much straight AA just kidding and Sam has one problem class ap calculus I don't even know what it is hahahahah,

• Downvote 1

Mpire, KY has a Middle School Team KY just like HS does. A red team and a blue team. They wrestles at National Duals in Danville Illinois. Coach Efron (sp) from STX and Ranger along with a a great bunch of other coaches coach the teams. I wasn't saying my son was on the high school Team KY.

Oh , ok well this is the High School forum , my kids were on Team Ky last it as well and they didn't tell me about any jr high kids on the team so it threw me .

Doubt my boy is on the team this yr think he has his sights set on Fargo so he will be doing state and central regionals , and hopefully another regional ,

We calls it wrasslin , and when the boys wrassle at school we call it play wrasslin , and from now on When ATM wrestles just call it 187 ,

My grandson Austin Jackson is on this team and is going just needs a ride could any one help out ?

Mr. Jackson, I am Jon Belk Sr.  My son, Jon Belk Jr. and Jackson wrestle each other.  We would be happy to give him a ride.

Could someone PLEASE give me some contact information?  My son is on the list, but we haven't received any information.  We have asked our coach, but he doesn't have any info either.  Time is getting short!