Slow ride

team ky

How will this work the coaches get calls based on there kids that will wrestle in it? Is it state champs only or do 2nd and third go and practice with them? Looks like a hella team this year

We just had them!

Perhaps, but don't weights change pretty quickly? What about cases where a stud wants to go to a different class? Not to mention freestyle/GR are completely different styles.

Team Ky invites.

Vega   10  FC

Bender  9 StX

Scaggs  10  Dixie

Boston  11 Wood

Hernadez  11  HC

Blackwell   11  UC

Austin       10  CHCO

Whalen

Ervin      11  UC

Shirky     10  OC

Heidorf    9   TR

Fausz     11  CC

Wilkerson  11  OC

Gilkey       11  CWC

Perez      11 LC

Kahl      11 TR

Lampe    11  StX

Jackson   11 DX

Belk        10  RY

Lampe      10 StX

Jones       11 WV

Gahafer     11 UC

Courtney     11  Wood

Moore         11  Moore

Meiman      9  RY

Turner       11  CC

Matthews    10  CC

Morrow        11  Wayne

Saunders     11  BCTE

Miller         10   Scott

Thompson     11  CN

Meyers         10  CC

Mattingly      11  JH

Mueller         9   SK

HWT.

Young       9   LAF

Lawson      11   NELSON

Johnson      10  DX

Really , obviously the kids who are chosen are passing or they wouldn't be picked because they wouldn't have been eligible at state ,

A chess match , a spelling bee or a math quiz to determine the roster of a wrestling dual , yeah that a perfectly legit question , just kidding I guess it could be I thought someone was messing around ,

Team Kentucky is not an academic team.  Its a wrestling team.  GPA has no factor in Team Kentucky.  It has to do with placement at state and I believe chanllengers at each wt. class.

Just giving ya a little bit of a hard time WBE.  

It would be interesting though to have a Team Ky in each wt. class according to their GPA. 

Maybe not a team that actually comptetes but a team on paper.  Each wt. class would have 3 representatives according to GPA of those that competed in the Regional tourney.  1st team,   2nd Team, Honerable Mention.

Not a bad idea Wildblueeyes.

I like the spelling bee , I couldn't have won a match but Shear is an English teacher he would have been national champ , I did have way better grades than him in science though , English and math so boring science and history awesome and interesting , history is so much fun some people never learn from it

Goo - They use to do that, but that is another thing the KHSAA has done away with.  I think they should honor the student-athletes.  It takes a lot of hard work to wrestle and still keep a good GPA.  I know my son is up many nights late getting his work done.  Wrestling teaches a great work ethic. 

Maybe this is something that the KWCA can run with?

How about it KWCA people? What do you think? This seems like something that would or should be right down their alley.  Supporting the student athlete is probably more important than supporting the state placers.

OK now I have hijacked a thread.  Sorry.