Sign in to follow this  
eville dad

Best KY Team Ever?

I could have swore I saw Hiero wearing Ryle colors way back when , but I may be wrong either way I know there was a time when Hiero and Cooper were not on the same team !!!!!

Again it doesn't matter either way it's just history ,

Nice post CCMS , I'm sure all those X and Trinitu home

Grown wrestlers over the last few yrs have made their home towns very very proud , Most of those private schools specialize in souls I wonder if monkey will accuse them of selling theirs .

So who won Jr High State ???????

• Downvote 1

mpire i'm surprised you remember what county your boys were born in.  are you sure it was campbell?  home grown?  i thought they were colerainmoellerreadinggrahamspringborograntcounty boys?  the real sin was making them wait?  wow.  i have now seen inside the mind of a mad man.

• Upvote 1

Yep I am crasy as a fox bro , and. I my boys never lived near or went to graham , but wrestled for Jordan's Loveland SW all stars and a whole lotta mo ,

And look where their road took them , exactly where i told everyone it would many yrs ago , lol

Good thing too most state championship teams or state dual champs in Cincy eh , ya dig where I'm comin from , shakers and movers monkey man

Hey remember the time SAM and ATM showed up to folkstyle youth state and cleaned up , yep I do , remember the time they showed up at Oldham I think and won KY state fr and gr titles , holy crap two state titles in one yr that's four freakin titles that's insane lol

Youth folkstyle fr and gr KY state champs and KY HS state champs , and every place you mentioned they kicked ass and helped their team become champions , and I took em there every gd day and everywhere else to train because I'm Definatly a mad man about winning ,

Either way , it's going to be good , I think X comes firing back at state But they will run into big guns at every turn , Woodfords lightweights may save CC and make all

My bragging come true lol

Boston is that you , pulling my chain acting like a monkey hahahahahbahahaha

Put your kid up against mine on the mat and I'm sure I will live up to expectation ,

I just brag and have some fun , I like most everyone although your one of those cowardly couple post guys who make it obvious your a pot stirrer , enjoy regionals next week get ready for state and some

Fireworks .

Id take a homegrown team built from the ground up over a bunch of free agents.

Best ky team ever - 1993 woodford easily. Not a homer either.

Not absolutely sure about the1993 team.  I don't feel like looking it up. 

But Woodford County back in the 90 and 00 had more transfers than Trinity did.  Anyone that was decent in the Frankfort/Lexington erea somehow made their way to Woodford Co. (Thats a little of a exaduration (sp), but you get my meaning)

Homegrown kids are a thing of the past. (homegrown meaning thery grew up through the system or stayed with the system their whole varsity career)

This is the age of win at all costs.  Just look at out professional athletes.  As baseball has said its the steroid era.  It use to be you could name all the players on a team and their uniform number, because they stayed with the team forever.  Those that still do today are far and few between and when they do they become hometown heroes. Look at UK basketball heck you have to learn a whole new set of names every year because of those $100 handshakes.

I also use to fight the homegrown fight back in the 90s 00s but its a losing cause.  Much like the gladiators of Roman Empire our greatest heroes today are our athletes.  And that is a shame.  Maybe we are not noticing it but history may be repeating itself and this is the beginning of the fall of the U.S. empire, much like the fall of the Roman Empire.

OK i'm off my low horse and lets get back to having fun.

GOO out.

I think the 1994 and 1995 Sheldon Clark teams should get mentioned.  If I remember correctly, the '95 team won state without a state champ, but had something like nine 3rd place finishers, when there were only 13 classes. The '94 team was lead by Bruce Stepp, a 3x state champ  (189, 189, HWT) and MOW that year. Apparently he was Ohio State bound if not for a terrible ATV accident.

Yep I am crasy as a fox bro , and. I my boys never lived near or went to graham , but wrestled for Jordan's Loveland SW all stars and a whole lotta mo ,

And look where their road took them , exactly where i told everyone it would many yrs ago , lol

Good thing too most state championship teams or state dual champs in Cincy eh , ya dig where I'm comin from , shakers and movers monkey man

Hey remember the time SAM and ATM showed up to folkstyle youth state and cleaned up , yep I do , remember the time they showed up at Oldham I think and won KY state fr and gr titles , holy crap two state titles in one yr that's four freakin titles that's insane lol

Youth folkstyle fr and gr KY state champs and KY HS state champs , and every place you mentioned they kicked ass and helped their team become champions , and I took em there every gd day and everywhere else to train because I'm Definatly a mad man about winning ,

Either way , it's going to be good , I think X comes firing back at state But they will run into big guns at every turn , Woodfords lightweights may save CC and make all

My bragging come true lol

Boston is that you , pulling my chain acting like a monkey hahahahahbahahaha

Mpire,

I assure you that I am not monkeyfighter. You should have known that by the language monkey used online. It took enough effort to figure out how to sign in and get my old password. I have no clue who the best teams were and wont weigh in on that conversation. I think Kentucky had a lot of great teams and some outstanding individuals. I just hope I get the opportunitiy to work with some of the wrestlers all around Kentucky.

I do enjoy pulling your chain, but I like to save that up so I can do that in person. With the new CWA starting in Lexington soon, I am very excited about meeting a lot of these young guns but also can wait to see how it could improve Kentucky on a national level.

This is my first and last opinion. I am only talking what they did in highschool. Joe Carr Jr was the best wrestler to ever wrestle at the state event in Kentucky. He was a Dream team member, finalist at Fargo, multiple placer at Fargo. However, he was the second best wrestler to attend Woodford County. Does anyone know who the best was?

I knew it wasn't you Boston I was breaking the tension thought you might get a kick out of it !!!!

And it was

Monkey fighter , you said money fighter , you sure that wasn't you !!!

Mpire,

I assure you that I am not monkeyfighter. You should have known that by the language monkey used online. It took enough effort to figure out how to sign in and get my old password. I have no clue who the best teams were and wont weigh in on that conversation. I think Kentucky had a lot of great teams and some outstanding individuals. I just hope I get the opportunitiy to work with some of the wrestlers all around Kentucky.

I do enjoy pulling your chain, but I like to save that up so I can do that in person. With the new CWA starting in Lexington soon, I am very excited about meeting a lot of these young guns but also can wait to see how it could improve Kentucky on a national level.

This is my first and last opinion. I am only talking what they did in highschool. Joe Carr Jr was the best wrestler to ever wrestle at the state event in Kentucky. He was a Dream team member, finalist at Fargo, multiple placer at Fargo. However, he was the second best wrestler to attend Woodford County. Does anyone know who the best was?

Jeff Fitch?

Mpire,

I assure you that I am not monkeyfighter. You should have known that by the language monkey used online. It took enough effort to figure out how to sign in and get my old password. I have no clue who the best teams were and wont weigh in on that conversation. I think Kentucky had a lot of great teams and some outstanding individuals. I just hope I get the opportunitiy to work with some of the wrestlers all around Kentucky.

This is my first and last opinion. I am only talking what they did in highschool. Joe Carr Jr was the best wrestler to ever wrestle at the state event in Kentucky. He was a Dream team member, finalist at Fargo, multiple placer at Fargo. However, he was the second best wrestler to attend Woodford County. Does anyone know who the best was?

Jimmy ?

Mpire,

I assure you that I am not monkeyfighter. You should have known that by the language monkey used online. It took enough effort to figure out how to sign in and get my old password. I have no clue who the best teams were and wont weigh in on that conversation. I think Kentucky had a lot of great teams and some outstanding individuals. I just hope I get the opportunitiy to work with some of the wrestlers all around Kentucky.

This is my first and last opinion. I am only talking what they did in highschool. Joe Carr Jr was the best wrestler to ever wrestle at the state event in Kentucky. He was a Dream team member, finalist at Fargo, multiple placer at Fargo. However, he was the second best wrestler to attend Woodford County. Does anyone know who the best was?

Joe Carr Sr. Before they had the ky st tourney?

Jimmy Carr was a student at Woodford County 1973-1974 and the year before he was an Olympian. The KHSAA didnt allow him to compete that year and called him a professional. I think that was around the same time the University of Kentucky started their wrestling program. During that time Olympians didnt get paid and they were considered non professionals and couldnt be paid. I think Woodford might have won a state title during that era. Could you imagine having him in your lineup. Also Woodford was ranked in the top 25 in the country with those dominate teams in the 90's. When Hank Rippetoe was around all those kids traveled on a National level but you didnt hear as much about it because the limited internet coverage. Ian Horn, Joe Carr jr, Chris Dunn and group were beating National level guys. Like I said before, I am not informed enough to even guess who had the best team nor would I want to speculate. I think all mentioned teams above are worthy of being considered.

Mpire,

I think Randy Savage went to Graham.  

Savage used to live in Louisville . And CC best team ever , And in two more yrs I will answer the best wrestler ever question , ATM

Boston120, I love the fact that you brought up Hank Rippetoe. He had a huge part in making sure Coach Carr and Coach Parks had success during the regular season. He was like the "silent partner". He made sure all of the kids that wanted to compete year around had a way. Sure miss his presence. I once showed up as a 7th grader to a FS tournament just to watch, and he wouldn't let me. I wasn't even sure what the heck freestyle was. He bought my AAU card, paid my entry fee, and found some shoes and a singlet for me to wear. I was amazed at his generousity. WC needs an ambassador like him in order to get back where they belong.

Mpire,

I dont doubt you for a bit that you want ATM to acheive greatness. He works hard and could become the best. However, let me help you set the bar for cash money.

242 HS wins

3X Junior Nationals AA at Fargo

1X Junior National Finalist

High school National Finalist

40 pins in 41 matches in a single season

Dream Team member

Dapper Dan

USA member vs Iowa

Notable wins his senior year

-Bryan Snyder NCAA champion at Nebraska

-Luke Becker NCAA champion at Minnesota

Please keep in mind this was a time when you only had really 2 national events and everyone was at those. Winning 4 or 5 Kentucky state titles is unreal but being on the dream team and wrestling at Dapper Dan and USA vs Iowa is something special. Oh, and losing a very close match in the finals at Fargo wasnt to bad either. Not bad for a Kentucky kid. I havent been around for a few years but if anyone in Kentucky had a better high school career in Kentucky please let me know and we can update the new bar.

I agree we didnt have Boston, ATM, Kevin, Blackwell, SAM or Ervins. They did have the Blacks, Carrs, Kyle R. and many others.

On a serious note; Kentucky has had some great individuals.

• Upvote 1

Mr. Boston, that's pretty cool you put up those stats about Joe Carr junior.  The first time I seen Joe Carr Jr wrestle was in 1986 at the King of the Bluegrass tournament.  He was maybe 50 lbs?  I watched this little kid hit picture perfect moves and could hardly believe my eyes.  I was brand new to wrestling, and was watching him on the mat with some other little kid (funny to think it might have been Ian Horn or someone like that).  But he was hitting these throws and stuff and looked better than most high school kids at that tournament.  If there had been a youtube back then, I would have posted a video of this.  Seeing all those statistics refreshes my memory of just how good that kid was!  The state has improved by leaps and bounds since then, but he was way ahead of his time for this state.  He made all of us Ky wrestling fans very proud for a while.