Sign in to follow this  
workhard

the dragon invitational

Laughing at a kid losing is uncalled for and Classless! Rearic got beat, it happens. He is a great kid and is one of the best young men in wrestling. if you need to laugh about kids who work the tails off and do everything right, you need to think about if youre in wrestling for the right reasons.

Anyone know how thompson did in 195 ? Thanks         

If you mean Konner Thompson of X, I'm not sure, 6th maybe? I think he did not wrestle his last match because of 5 match rule. Brackets or results would be good.

Anyone know how thompson did in 195 ? Thanks         

If you mean Konner Thompson of X, I'm not sure, 6th maybe? I think he did not wrestle his last match because of 5 match rule. Brackets or results would be good.

I should have clarified on that.. I meant Trevor Thompson of Conner. Thanks

Seriously, some tournament personnel has to have the info. Post it for petes sake! As "prestigious" as a tournament that this is supposed to be, you would think someone would take the time to post the brackets, results, etc.

does anyone know the score to the Emerson Rearic match??

I think 14-2

Seriously, some tournament personnel has to have the info. Post it for petes sake! As "prestigious" as a tournament that this is supposed to be, you would think someone would take the time to post the brackets, results, etc.

It's likely that all tournament personnel are just waking up for breakfast about now and just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Keepin it secret , those damn northern buckeyes used to do it to the southern ones all the time after some of their districts , lol seems to be some shake ups , how severe was Thompsons injury he is very talented and a good kid when your not wrestling him ,

Placers from Ryle.

120- Gus Adams 1st.

126- Jake Erdamn 7th

132- Keegan North 1st

145- Belk 3rd

170- Meiman 3rd

220- Maine 2nd.

These are the ones I remember.

I heard that the finals didn't get started till around 11:30pm.

This is stupid crazy. Who runs a tournament that the finals start that late?

Might have been some good matches, but to have a tournament take this long ridiculous. Those kids were probably up since 5 or 6am and having to sit around till 10:30 or 11:30pm to wrestle finals, come on people!

I heard that they had a seed meeting at 9:30 which took a few hours then had to build brackets and start wrestling close to noon.

Why didn't they have a the seed meeting earlier in the week. Or atleast make this tournament a two day event.

Sounds like a great event! Keep this on the schedule for next year.

It misses Coach Fiser terribly bad. I am not defending the director but, the AD did tell me that 6 teams showed up without submitting contracts and it was decided to let them in. He was not happy with that.

Placers from Ryle.

120- Gus Adams 1st.

126- Jake Erdamn 7th

132- Keegan North 1st

145- Belk 3rd

170- Meiman 3rd

220- Maine 2nd.

These are the ones I remember.

strong !.... do you remember who meiman beat ? I know he lost to Canter by 1.... Thanks !

I'll predict 5 weight classes ...

152 Cooper SK

160 French St X

170 Canter Larue/----- L Jones runner up

182 Chamblee SK --- Pledger runner/up

195 Trevor Thompson Conner

Good luck to all !

Guess I did pretty well ! Only missing on Thompson but he went out by injury so.... yep not bad

I won the wrestling challenge last year for the state tourney... I've got to keep my good guess streak alive lol

There will be some better comp this yr fanofwrestling6 ,But you will probably still win !

lol nah you have to pick the CC guys .... which in reality isn't such a bad thing ...I believe it will be a tight one between CC and ST X with CC coming out on top .. Sorry Union County you're probably going to finish 3rd

Turners doing well (Great techfall win over Breezely) but wow Matthews has grown into a stud this year

You are right , I can't win probably I am a homer , or else I would have won last yr lol

Yes Mathews and Turner are studs , showing that sometimes cross training is as good as straight wrestling yr round , Mathews has improved and looked very sharp this week . Not going to pick on Union I would be proud to have my kids on their team ,

Duals should be great but as I have said CC is a better tourny team , at least in Ohio lol just kidding ,the dual should be good , Stephen is still 152 but I could see him going either weight , X can choose .

I heard that the finals didn't get started till around 11:30pm.

This is stupid crazy. Who runs a tournament that the finals start that late?

Might have been some good matches, but to have a tournament take this long ridiculous. Those kids were probably up since 5 or 6am and having to sit around till 10:30 or 11:30pm to wrestle finals, come on people!

I heard that they had a seed meeting at 9:30 which took a few hours then had to build brackets and start wrestling close to noon.

Why didn't they have a the seed meeting earlier in the week. Or atleast make this tournament a two day event.

Sounds like a great event! Keep this on the schedule for next year.

This happens all to often in KY wrestling and IMHO is one of the areas that needs to improve drastically. Its not only in HS but MS too.

This is a black eye for KY wrestling and an area that needs to be have focus for improvement from the wrestling community. I dont hear about this problem in other states.

It happens , in other states , I wouldn't go that route .Seemed like a very tough tournament with the directors trying to accommodate every one last minute ,,maybe some

Of them

Should come to their defense and be grateful to ease the onslaught of complaints heading their way ,if it is factual , just sayin , don't come to dinner uninvited and complain cause there isn't enough taters .