7.- Whalen 106

8.- Carr 132

9.- Jude 170

10.- Hitchings 160

11.- Blackwell 113

12.- Ray 182

13.- Hwt

14.- 195

For the record from day 1 people came on this site made comparisons and comments about how kids who came to ky would learn as Hall did that they would not dominate ,people set in motion and pushed buttons from the start

And then when even after keeping kids of the Matt an making them wrestling up and away from your chosen ,people still had to make excuses for not giving a kid his due ,that speaks volumes about character , the kids who endured the layoffs and wrestled up and had the best performances of the day or accomplished the things previously never done before ,gave you state a lesson in character ! Make veiled or outright attacks on parents who take up for their kids or who do what is in their best interest and you show that the person speaking of character knows little of its meaning .my kids were ky grade school champs themselves probably would have been every yr from 1st grade everyone has a history some more impressive than others .it seems coaches ignored rules as far as ow is concerned and I thought Fahy already won one nevertheless it's over and done one kid came and did what he could like so many others I just think sometimes you have a great moment hate seeing some unfair hypocritical people ruin one, kids moment you only live once there are no re dos some people should be ashamed and it's not anyone at CC or any Parents in Wilder . I'm sure some good ole boys will find a reason to diminish a kids accomplishments but but it only makes themselves look bad do you honestly think anyone outside of KY looking at the results isn't going to wonder why a kid who did what Stephen did was not awarded OW,blame patents character whatever it is what it is on the Matt ,

I wonder of Austin will get ow if he wins 4 , and I am looking forward to Myers vs Lampe Evidently someone has an agenda but so do I and I don't have to sneak around and try to weasel info from people keep it up i will bring him to Louisville and he will school your kid 1 good time your grade school tactics trying to scope someone out can't work on someone who cannot be scoped out lol

WHOA!!!! Dude you are a little paranoid, every compliment to someone else is not necessarily a slam to you or yours. Facts are facts the Fahy's are great people no one was talking about or to you. GET A LIFE and GROW UP. BTW I do not nor have I ever lived in Louisville. I do not give a squat bout you I was just expressing my opinion about the MOW. Get over yourself and leave me alone.

Your intent following previous comments was evident and don't make ever so slightly veiled personal attacks on peopl and then feign innocence in attempt to gather support through pity it just not intelligent or believable even to those on the witchunt !Seen your posts leave us alone or not either way it all ends te same .

Congrats to not only an outstanding wrestler but to an outstanding kid and his family. I personally think that his and his families character, integrity and longevity wrestling in the state did have bearings on this award and rightfully so.

And therein lies the problem. I'm only going to speak of the state in which I reside... Ohio. Like it or not, Ohio is ahead of the curve in wrestling. Look at the long list of Nationally ranked teams and wrestlers. More than a few. And a wrestlers CARRER has nothing to do with Mow. The very award is for the most outstanding wrestler at that tournemant. That is how it is voted in any other state I can think of. The statement above would be great if someone was running for office. Over here we don't give two squirts about a wrestlers intergrity or his familys character because IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHO PERFORMED THE BEST ON THAT DAY.

There have been a couple studs in Wrestling that haven't been very popular, but they are recognised for their skill, not how much their mommy and daddy are respected at church. Integrity is thrown around a lot in this thread... how about some integrity in Voting for the best wrestler that tournemant, not a popularity contest.

Public forum and perhaps Stalling is in Ky quite a bit and everyone is relevant not just you and anyone siding with your limited knowledge of the wrestling world ,perhaps someone actually knows about the kids and people so many of you seem so intent on speculating about .Or maybe he just likes having fun with you picking on his friends particularly since he has known them from way back seen the politics thrown at them and saw how every time it has played out the same two brothers totally working their butts off and then walking away year after year state champs and then some . I wouldn't pick on him he works In ky basically lives there likes CC and has a kid who could be a 4 x champ guaranteed if he's at CC .It would be nasty ...... Sick .......... Horrible ...... Demented of course a bunch of haters would have name drop some jr high kid again bwahahahahah!

Purple an gold the colors of Royalty the colors of an Mpire !

Looking forward to my friends from Ryle getting busy this summer guarantee Ryle has some freshman placing high next yr, when you like a kid you like him and it doesn't matter where they go to school ,I want every kid I like to win state and that's tough because I like them all

• Upvote 1

Again, therein lies the problem. A lot of people on here talk about moving Ky forward in the sport of wrestling. We in Ohio aren't ashamed to admit we travel to Pa and other places to seek better competition. If you want to get better at anything, look to your peers and immulate successes. But when you are closeminded and think your way is the only way, no one will ever move forward. This forum is for discussion. Ohio has four Nationally ranked highschool teams, 2 in the top 10. If you had any sense you would welcome the input of other programs. Your coaches that want to face tough compititon do, that's why they come over here whenever they can. And we're glad to have them. Btw, my Grandfather and my Father were coal miners in Harlan County, all of my family lives in Ky, and some of my best freinds wrestle in Ky. So Ill post my opnion whenever I want. If you don't want to listen, then don't. Just keep being a big fish in a little pond. The rest of us will move forward.

It is HILARIOUS to me that mpire can't see why neither of us kids were picked for MOW. I mean come on, did you honestly believe all the coaches in KY would pick either of them after all the BS this season. maybe next year man, maybe.

Sorry the SW OH stuff was always funny to me .I always considered Graham SW and my kids gave as good as they ever got from up north actually much more so and No Ky has studs regardless of debates between ky wrestlers we will show that more so next yr as some already did this yr in OH ,think Stalling was not blasting Ky just closed minds.

So, it has come to this: Kentucky wrestling is to SW Ohio wrestling what SW Ohio wrestling is to the rest of the Buckeye state

so_it_has_come_to_this.png

Exactly. But the sw is closing the gap fast, as percentages of State placers and Champs show. Why are we closing the gap? Because we immulate the nw and Pa and Jersey and others. We don't just turn a deaf ear to a more successful region or program or common sense. And despite your attempt at trying to insult sw, you actually put the spotlight on Ky. For if ky is to sw what sw is to nw, then what exactly is Ky to the nw? Ill tell you this, no coach over here votes for MOW based on a wrestlers character or career. The criteria is "performance at the tourney" even a low ranked wrestler can pull one out and win State in a big fashion. Because he doesn't have a rep, in your eyes he automatically isn't worthy of MOW. No matter who he beat that day or how badly. Its ok. Your just another example of someone who avoids looking inward and asking "what are we doing right or wrong? Are we competitive on a large scale or just county to county? And btw, with Graham and Moeller in the sw, I'd say we do just fine... who you got?

Hillarious huh , about as hillarious as a ten sec pin and a kids first three matches at state lasting around 90 something seconds , nothing funny about it ,doesn't matter how many matches tournys or transfers its wrestling ,you know whats hillarious fastest pin most pins least time and a massive amount of Team Points ...... Oh and of course a returning state champ who helped his team win a state team title ... My precious .... He's the lord of the rings .... Now that's funny right there.

Valid observation. Is it not?They said same thing about football until last season when a couple of Louisville schools put it on the darlings of GCCL. FWIW, I am from Ohio and learned most everything I know about wrestling there under the tutelage of Casey Fredericks and Harry Houska. To your point, I am in agreement regarding closing the gap. I would argue that although there's still a long way to go, Kentucky is closing the gap faster on SW Ohio than SW Ohio is on NE Ohio. Moeller is in SW Ohio but, geez get a map. Graham is farther north than Columbus. Your statement is further flawed in the fact that those percentages have increased based mostly on coming from weaker sectionals and having 3 divisions.

Graham is considered SW when compared to all the powerhouse schools in NE Oh Ed's Massilon Wadsworth an the rest ,Graham is definitely west and south of those schools as for Moeller they are very good but they appear to me to be squandering their potential they have a few decent wrestlers that came through their program a couple stud transfers and the majority of the original Prodigy group of outstanding wrestlers , All I will say is they are missing the spark had they gotten Root on board they would have had a few more studs in the room and the best coach ever in the cinch area ,not starting a fire but with Danichek Stephen and Austin in the room and quite possibly SAMs and a few more Moeller would have had that national championship team everyone dreamed of all those kids in the room would have led to everyone being better ,I see a lot of them not living up to potential now without Root and without you got it the studs to drill with they are falling behind .

That's ok though Stalling is right people should stay open minded and it is what it is Ryle Cc Sk all go to Oh for comp PA is a great place to test your kids the wrestling there is unreal, it's all good with new programs and competitive attitudes the gap will close and don't worry there will always be a few crasy dads out there who will go the obsessed distance to see their kids be the best period.

Valid observation. Is it not?They said same thing about football until last season when a couple of Louisville schools put it on the darlings of GCCL. FWIW, I am from Ohio and learned most everything I know about wrestling there under the tutelage of Casey Fredericks and Harry Houska. To your point, I am in agreement regarding closing the gap. I would argue that although there's still a long way to go, Kentucky is closing the gap faster on SW Ohio than SW Ohio is on NE Ohio. Moeller is in SW Ohio but, geez get a map. Graham is farther north than Columbus. Your statement is further flawed in the fact that those percentages have increased based mostly on coming from weaker sectionals and having 3 divisions.

I would have to say the Fairfield district was not as weak this year. I would also have to say, some teams in NKY are catching up with SW Ohio but not the whole state of Kentucky is.
  • Upvote 1

Outside of Moeller I wouldnt get to excited about Cincinnati or SW wrestling. They have some good teams as any large metro area is going to have,but the wrestling overall isnt superior. It's not like they have a disproportionate number of wrestlers exceeding nationally. They have their share at best and thats all.

I like the way KY is growing and improving, still a long way to go but making great strides.

MOW is a matter of opinion and everyones got one!

Well mow is opinion to some and to others it's who has the most outstanding performance that day as evidently defined in the tournaments own rules but whatever in ky it's a trophy awarded by flawed individuals ,not a precise. Award given to athletes using strict guidelines ,congrats to Fahy he had an outstanding career .

Graham is farther North than Columbus? Until this year they're district was in Goshen. Why don't you get a map and see where that is. And the poster above who said Northern Ky is catching up fast is correct. And its because they wrestle over here. So, go back and check the schedule for CC this year. Take Glen Este for example. They wrestled CC in dual meets. Ask them who won and by how much. And Glen Este is very good, but not an Ohio powerhouse. And CC is are Ky State Champs. Bottom line, like Isaid, things like picking a MOW based on anything but wrestling skills at the given tournement is taking away the distinct honor of it. Like someone else said, have an acheivement award or similar at State to pat someone on the back for great character.

Sorry but Graham was SW unroll this year I guess they could be considered central south west either way they are closer to Cincy than Cleveland and have historically been considered SW or sometimes a state of their own , ask Jordan how he would vote for MOW . I think everyone already knows the answer buy I don't know some people spend an awful lot of cash up there so who knows lol ,

Graham is farther North than Columbus? Until this year they're district was in Goshen. Why don't you get a map and see where that is. And the poster above who said Northern Ky is catching up fast is correct. And its because they wrestle over here. So, go back and check the schedule for CC this year. Take Glen Este for example. They wrestled CC in dual meets. Ask them who won and by how much. And Glen Este is very good, but not an Ohio powerhouse. And CC is are Ky State Champs. Bottom line, like Isaid, things like picking a MOW based on anything but wrestling skills at the given tournement is taking away the distinct honor of it. Like someone else said, have an acheivement award or similar at State to pat someone on the back for great character.

Because you brought it up, CC was not the state duals champ that honor goes to Union. I will say that if you are interested in seeing how CC faired against Ohio teams in tourneys look at the gmvwa results CC smashed Glenn este before the myers showed up imagine how far ahead of the field they would have been with them there. I would pit Yenter against any 120 pound wrestler in Ohio ( the whole state all divisions) he destroyed the kid from waynesville and beat Byrd. I would also put Stephen and Austin against anyone in the state of Ohio. Paulham can hang with anyone in the not so great state of Ohio. Get over yourself SW Ohio hahahaha! I watched the d1 districts saturday and saw very few good wrestlers. I went up to FF and expected to see great wrestling and was very dissapointed.

Sorry had to post! Fahey you are a class act and great wrestler congrats!!!

Well mow is opinion to some and to others it's who has the most outstanding performance that day as evidently defined in the tournaments own rules but whatever in ky it's a trophy awarded by flawed individuals ,not a precise. Award given to athletes using strict guidelines ,congrats to Fahy he had an outstanding career .

What a nice post!

Dont agree with the flawed individuals part, how bout just a bunch of good old down home boys!

Welcome home mpire!