Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

The Middle School List - January 2012

70 Yenter (Campbell Co)

Contenders: Whorton (North Hardin), Pledger (River City), Holub (Turkeyfoot), Bixler (Elkhorn), Sawyer (Fern Creek)

75 Favorite: Moore (Campbell Co)

Contenders: Roth (Walton), Hammons (Caldwell Co), Brooks (Oldham Co)

80 Favorite: Wells (Campbell Co)

Contenders: Ervin (Union), Creech (Walton), Metcalf (Larue Co), Roberts (Woodford Co)

86 Favorite: Scheffer (Union)

Contenders: Martin (Walton), Kraezig (River City), Jacobs (Elkhorn), Wise (East Oldham), Chaffee (Ryle)

92 Favorite: Bindner (River City)

Contenders: Gray (Caldwell Co), Siddens (Moore), Holub (Turkeyfoot), Smith (Walton), Cook (River City)

98 Favorites: Oxford (Union Co)

Contenders: Meyer (Walton), Johnson (North Hardin), Putty (Blazer), Floyd (Oldham Co)

105 Favorite: Erdman (Ryle)

Contenders: Emerson (OIdham Co), Wiley (Conner), Hurst (Woodford Co), Barton (Trinity), Blanton (Johnson Co), Ruttman (Calloway Co), Leavell (Christian Co), Holt (McNabb)

113 Favorite: Heidorf (North Oldham)

Contenders: Spahr (Campbell Co), Smith (Union), Kline (Trigg Co)

121 Favorite: Duncan (North Oldham)

Contenders: Cooper (Summit View)

130 Favorite: Oxford (Union)

Contenders: Rich (Ryle), Valentine (Elkhorn), West (Larue Co)

140 Favorite: Frankrone (River City)

Contender: Hayden (Elkhorn), Cornett (Turkeyfoot)

152 Favorite: Meiman (Ryle) - better hold off on that special move until the state finals :)

Contender: Emerson (Oldham Co), Anderson (Elkhorn), Lawson (Hopkinsville)

168 Favorite: McIntosh (Oldham Co)

Contenders: Calhoun (Rivery City)

190 Favorite: Graziani (Campbell Co)

Contenders: Chandler (Fern Creek)

230 Young (Lafayette)

Contenders: Kearns (Conner)

Top School Teams: Campbell County, North Oldham, Elkhorn, Christian County

Top Club Teams: Union County, River City, Walton Verona, North Hardin

I can almost gaurantee Meiman won't be at 168. He's wrestling varsity 152 for Ryle. I hear Emerson is having a great year, but I think Johnny would be the favorite there.

With me being new here. Can anyone tell me off the kids on the list from 86 to 105, which ones aren't eighth graders?

98 lb Oxford is a seventh grader, his brother is the eigth grader think it 138

I can almost gaurantee Meiman won't be at 168. He's wrestling varsity 152 for Ryle. I hear Emerson is having a great year, but I think Johnny would be the favorite there.

I noticed he was listed at 152 on the high school rankings also, kinda funny that Ranger made both lists. Just pokin fun Ranger, thanks and keep up the good work. Anyone else know of any kids not on the list who might make a good showing and are having a good season so far.

I know Meiman wrestled at 168 for middle school so far and i thought it might be better for the team if he stayed there. Haven't heard from the raiders directly to know for sure.

Well done Ranger. Looks pretty good from what I've seen this season so far. You only had 2 wrestlers mentioned at 152. I think Casey Cornett from Turkey Foot should be mentioned at 152. He is 1-1 against Anderson from Elkhorn who deservedly is on the list. He also lost to a kid from Hopkinsville at the Woodford County Invitational who was a stud. Not sure of his name, but he should be on the list too.

What is the criteria for Coach of the Year? Any ideas as to who may win this award?

Generally it is the coach of the team that wins the overall. I don't think coaches put much thought into it. Personally, I voted for Joe Burroughs last year. He did an amazing job with that group of boys down at North Hardin and teaches them about so much more than just wrestling.

Generally it is the coach of the team that wins the overall. I don't think coaches put much thought into it. Personally, I voted for Joe Burroughs last year. He did an amazing job with that group of boys down at North Hardin and teaches them about so much more than just wrestling.

Thank you for this info.

Didn't Wiley Break his hand, and won't he be out for Districts? How does that change 98?

HardWorkPays...

Any truth to this. I certainly hope this is not the case. I would think with a broken hand he might be able to wrestle districts depending on when it happened. I believe John Belk wrestled with a broken hand at state the year before last.

Ranger,

The 113 from Shamrock wrestling looked polished at the Harrison County Tournament last week.

Ben Barton is Shamrocks 113.

He has only one loss this yr. by 2 points to Heirdorf (N Oldham). He has also beat Hudson once this yr .