Sign in to follow this  
ThirdRound

Lafayette Invitational 12/21-12/22 matchups..thoughts

Teams attending this year so far : Lafayette - Anderson Co. - Bourbon Co. - Boyle Co. - Bryan Station - Doss - Franklin Co. - Harrison Co. - Henry Clay - Central - Holy Cross - Male - Madison Central - Madison Southern - Montgomery Co. -

North Hardin - Paducah Tilghman - Dunbar - Pike Co. Central - Pleasure Ridge Park - Scott Co. -

Simon Kenton - Tates Creek - University Heights Academy - Western Hills

There might be a few late adds......

central,north hardin,uha,franklin co........top 4

This is an INDIVIDUAL bracketed tournament....Good picks mat-king......I like Simon Kenton, Lafayette, Henry Clay in the mix as well.....Should be a good one !

Great match in the second round today between Tevon Clay (Franklin County) and TW Stockton (Anderson County). Back and forth match with Clay up 2 with less than a minute left when Stockton went for a throw and just missed it and ended up on his back. Where Clay was able to close out the match by 5 I think it was. Great match to watch!

I agree, it was an exciting match. Not sure why TW wasn't seeded??

When I left (midway through 4th round) I believe the top 5 teams were.....

1. Anderson County

2. Simon Kenton (very close race)

3. Lafayette

4. Central

5. Franklin Co.

Great match in the second round today between Tevon Clay (Franklin County) and TW Stockton (Anderson County). Back and forth match with Clay up 2 with less than a minute left when Stockton went for a throw and just missed it and ended up on his back. Where Clay was able to close out the match by 5 I think it was. Great match to watch!

This was an exciting match. Stockton looked real Sharp early, but the 2nd and 3rd periods looked to be dictated by Clay. Probably should have been a semi or finals match. Not real sure why Stockton wasn't seeded.

Good first day of wrestling......Looks to be a barn burner tomorrow......Hats off to Male Coach McCoy our tournament director.....Great job on getting us out early to rest up for tomorrow. Everyone is welcome.....the Infamous Silent Auction has some great deals like front row tickets to UK Basketball...that other sport we all seem to talk about in the Bluegrass......The Silent Auction will end around 12 noon so get there early to bid and watch some great quarterfinal and semifinal matches....The Finals will be set to go off about 4pm !!!!!

Jarvis from Central just beat Stout from Burbon County 11-7 in the finals. The match wasn't as close as the score. I think Stout got 3 or 4 Pts from Jarvis letting him up. Either Jarvis is way underrated or Stout (ranked #2) is way overrated.

I would say Jarvis is a bit (alot) underranked as he was out all last year but he was tough before that injury for sure.

Jarvis from Central just beat Stout from Burbon County 11-7 in the finals. The match wasn't as close as the score. I think Stout got 3 or 4 Pts from Jarvis letting him up. Either Jarvis is way underrated or Stout (ranked #2) is way overrated.

Jarvis looked real good, However, it is my understanding that this was Stouts first action of the season. He's been out due to a hip injury I believe is what I was told. Not that it changes the results but could explain some of the lopsidedness.

Understandable. Stout looked stout in all the matches up until that finals match. He ran through everybody else up until the Jarvis match.

I'm sure both of those studs will meet a few times this year. Hopefully I'm in attendance to see those brawls.

• Upvote 1