Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Pre-season Rankings 2011/2012 - August 22

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Mathound has warned all parties involved previously and yet it still persists. I for one try not to pass judgement on anyone, especially high school wrestlers, until I have met them myself, seen them wrestle and watch how they conduct themselves. Even then, I tend not to pass judgment because they are just that, high school wrestlers and thus still kids. It seems as if almost everyone else is passing judgment on the Myers boys due to the postings of one individual and most, if not all, have never met them. Sadly, it's not all his fault either. Even when he's never posted anything on a topic, somebody tends to want to take it there almost knowing he's going to respond. I use this website as an informative tool to help myself as a coach and help my wrestlers. I like to see what all is going on throughout the state with other programs, but it's getting to the point that I don't even want to hop on the site because almost every topic gets way off point anymore. So as a coach, former wrestler, fan of wrestling, etc I ask to please keep the topics on track for those of us who are tired of reading all the banter and bullcrap. I know I'm not alone on this. If you wish to constantly take everything off topic to talk about the Myers boys then please start a topic that says Myers boys and type until your fingers are numb. Now, I am looking forward to seeing the Myers boys wrestle. I have never met them and don't know anything about them but I'm a fan of good wrestling and it appears they are excellent wrestlers. I know we are at the Derby City Classic with Grant County so I'll be fortunate enough to see them in person. I know if any of my wrestlers faces off against them they won't fare very well, but let's give it a shot anyway.

• Upvote 1

I'm getting the itch bad. We are so close to the season starting that I can hear the whistles blowing. (Oh wait a minute) Thats a train whistle. Ok so maybe I can't hear the whistle but I can almost smell the sweat from the wrestling room.

Oopps my wife tells me that smell are my socks. Ok OK how about I can feel the tension in the air from the wrestlers who are going to hit the high school mats officially in the next week. (8 days away)

Everyone is getting ready for the skin fold testing. Teams are trying to figure out what thier linups are going to be like.

I'm getting a little nervous because JR GOO needs to step it up this year. And if he doesn't even though I don't want to be dissabpointed I know I will be. But most importantly I hope he and all the wrestlers in KY have fun this season. I wish it to be a save, comptetitive season with a lot of close matches.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND LET THE SEASON BEGIN ALREADY>

• Upvote 1

Don't know about the Weakest ? In the room Lmao .but the strongest one in the room is the one making everyone cthelites .

Mr NKY3X--I love your confidence and you are creating discussion on this board, which can only be a good thing as long as it's civil.

No doubt your boys are credentialed, but why the move out of one of the top wresting states to one that is still developing? Ohio has 4 times as many wrestling schools. Certainly winning a state title as a frosh is an amazing accomplishment at any weight and unheard of at 220. To do it in Kentucky is a great thing, but to do it in Ohio would be national news--much like Chris Phillips a few years ago when he beat Roddy at Ironman. Just curious, if he's so good why not prove it in Ohio?

First off,I never said he would be a 4 x timer or a state champ as a fresh but that is the goal and is possible and yes Ohio is a great wrestling state and that is one of the reasons we stayed and moved to a few places there over the years .

Austin wanted to go to Elder he is a good football player and wrestler and Elder has outstanding programs

Stephen is as good or better than anyone in Oh and much of the country and I am not saying he can beat evereyone but there is no one he cannot beat and the same goes for Austin ,Stephen has beaten nationaly ranked #1s and national champs handily and Austin is the same level as he is only he is bigger and that changes things a bit .

He is bigger than Phillips was as a fresh a while its neat for someone to compare

Being confident lol I think Austin goes D1 football as well as wrestles that has been his goal and I think he does it,

That being said ,he has a huge obstacle his school is not a powerhouse in either sport and actually has only had a wrestling program 1 yr ,but you have to like an underdog.

The move was not all my decision if it were up to me soley and I based everything on wrestling my boys would have went to St Paris Graham long ago.

As for cred or proving anything there is no Fresh in OH or KY that has proven as much as Austin has on the matt or the field No one not even close .call it confidence boasting whatever its fact I will say I think he is a 4 x placer and he wins a few state titles and that would be the case in OH or KY and I am sure he proves it in both states before he's done in HS,its not liike OH is on another planet or he will never wrestle there again.

I don't want to keep all the bs going it gets old and although I like it ,it gets old Austin will accomplish everything I say and more just like he and his brother always have and all the haters will end up eating crow just like always.

Let's let it go wrestling season is here ,and if anyone wants to see a match up simply visit or maybe jump in a tourny like wash court house in a week or so ,Anyone from either state as for the hs bs talk everyone in southern Oh has already seen Austin go undefeated against Hs kids for the last 2 yrs in all the summer tournys so all the crap talk on the oh boards about hs being different for him is a joke.and yes he is not only going to beat all your prima donnas in cincy he's going to do it easily ,there's only 1 kid I doubt he can beat in cincy and he's a sr and had no where near Austins record as a fresh .

As for stephen all I will say is no one in either state has his ability its known in OH wetheranyone will admitt it or not and it will be evident to all in ky very soon regardless of how he does he will entertain wrestling fans in ky like no one they have ever seen before he makes most good wrestlers look boring ,he's a freestyle phenom with a loose style backed with knowledge and a speed that takes it to another level he throws out the book and makes his own I give up he has his own technique that works and I bow down to his funk .

LMAO get ready its going to be a fun yr no matter what.

Sorry to answer your ? About proving it in Ohio

I think he just dominated it for a decade he was state champ from yr 1 till he left with the most dominating yr you will ever see every match a pin before the 3rd period except a major in the. State finals .

I understand ,its usually phone stuff no excuses I will work on it.better yet I wil try to keep it short .hope everyone has a safe yr looking forward to seeing a lot of ky kids I know and many I do not .i

During my four years the best wrestler that I have seen is Davis. He didnt wrestle until his sophomore year of highschool and placed in state. then went on to win state the next two years. Fahy is very close second.

As someyone who does not have a dog in this fight I would like to comment on the idea of a Jude Myers match: I have watched both kids wrestle and am aware of what they do. Honestly I don't believe Jude can win. Austin just brings to much experience and is a much more technical wrestler

During my four years the best wrestler that I have seen is Davis. He didnt wrestle until his sophomore year of highschool and placed in state. then went on to win state the next two years. Fahy is very close second.

Um did you not watch Caleb Ervin wrestle or Brad Ervin or Mitch Ervin wrestle. Much, much, much better than Davis.

Davis may be the best Athletic wrestler you have ever seen or definitley the fastest wrestler. But best wrestler?

Um did you not watch Caleb Ervin wrestle or Brad Ervin or Mitch Ervin wrestle. Much, much, much better than Davis.

Davis may be the best Athletic wrestler you have ever seen or definitley the fastest wrestler. But best wrestler?

I went off technique which would be fahy, then athletic davis. they were good wrestler though no doubt about it.

I went off technique which would be fahy, then athletic davis. they were good wrestler though no doubt about it.

Do you guys actually think they are the fastest most technical wrestlers in the state :)Technique is a matter of opinion athletics and speed are obvious and the one who has most of all three is the one who would be considered the best by many.

Ranger we have gone almost two months without a new set of rankings. Please, we are starving for your wisdom!

Yeah, it is about time. I was hoping to hear a few tidbits from the first week of practice about weights before I posted an update. I will get one out by early next week. Then I will start looking at the body fat test results.

Yeah, it is about time. I was hoping to hear a few tidbits from the first week of practice about weights before I posted an update. I will get one out by early next week. Then I will start looking at the body fat test results.

Can't send you messages if you don't clean out your mailbox.

Can't send you messages if you don't clean out your mailbox.

Wow! I didn't realize the new forums limited my inbox that much. I think I used to have an unlimited mailbox. Okay, I moved out some messages.