Sign in to follow this  
215mom

Weather and Regionals

NOPE!! Regions (and State next week) are get there or don't wrestle. I've heard a true story that back in the 90s, Ft. Campbell hosted Regions (back when there was districts then regions) and 2 days before the tournament, they were hit with an ice storm. The KHSAA said "you wrestle it. whoever gets there gets there." The story goes that several times throughout the day the power went off, but they waited forthe power to come back on and continued wrestling. Regions and State are get there, or don't wrestle.

This it what Ranger said on another post.

I've been in touch with all of the athletic directors and principals around the state and we are close to a compromise where we can cancel all of the regional tournaments, set up the state bracket based solely on rankings, simulate all of the matches up to the finals, have the national guard transport all state finalists to Frankfort, and wrestle the finals next Saturday night.  :evil:  To make sure the KHSAA still makes adequate profit for the event tickets will cost $250 and a bottle of water will be $13.

Don't worry if they get postponed they will reschedule for july... Oh wait there might be a heat wave going on the high schools would be forced to close the door for fear of those without air conditioning in thier cars and might pass out in there travels to the location... :)

Last year during the ice storm pretty much all of southern kentucky was out of operation, idk about central and nothern. We were still able to have regionals though and we got a lovely extra pound allowance, but they voted that last part down this year

sorry i was just being a smart a**

Aren't we all.  Fortunately some of us are able to do it with a smile on our face while others are banging on their keyboards, cussing at the screen, and probably throwing things.

It's completely possible that a school district could refuse to have the meet held if the conditions get bad... I'm not sure what the backup plan is if that happens.

befor i have to much fun with what ranger said about regions and state finals, he's jokn ??

Before those who are not quite in touch with the same reality that most of us deal with get too excited and start throwing things...

yes, it was just a joke.

do you think michigan has ever rescheduled the state tournament because of some white fluff? why should we

you probably shouldn't use Michigan as an example.  remember there is a pretty sore subject related to Michigan.

C'mon ranger you don't understand wrestling at all.

We can't have kids going to regional tournaments when there is snow.  Jr. may get cold or catch a cold.  If the regional tournaments are cancelled then everyone should qualify for the state tournament.  everyone gets 1st place and gets a nice big medal saying so.  Then at the state tourney everyone gets another medal.  They all look the same no matter what place they get.  that way Jr. won't feel like he is inferior to other kids. 

man get with the times we can't have kids being told NO you didn't qualify for something.  It will hurt there little psyche.

JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW THIS IS SARCASM.  KIND OF LIKE A  JOKE.

GOO OUT.

Wow, I didn't even think about it.  What would we do without the BENEFIT of global warming.  We would have to cancel the entire season.  I think I'll go out back and cut down a few trees to celebrate global warming week.

I feel cheated where is this global warming everyone is promisisng us.  I think I saw a polar bear on US 42 tonite.  We should get a refund on all the promises that it was supposed to get warmer.

Well, when Al Gore created the internet he had to have something to talk about!!!!!! :-o

Would it be to late to transfer to another State (that doesn't get all this bad weather like KY does) like PA, NY, OH, IN, MI or even AK and still be able to wrestle in their state finals?  :-P

Why don't we just move the state tournament to Ohio, Michigan, Wisconson, Illinois, or Iowa. I am sure they would be glad to host a Kentucky State Championship and i bet it wouldn't get cancelled.