Sign in to follow this  
coffeesgood

Mater Dei

Trinity

StX

Union County

These are the three teams from KY that i know of that are going....tough tournament hopefully one of them can knock of Mater Dei and win the tournament :mrgreen:

Tough competition and even tougher to knock Mater Dei out at their own tourney. They are pretty tough again this year. Might see a total of 5 or 6 champs from Ky which would be nice.

B. Ervin UC

C. Ervin UC

I. Thomas UC

M. Bradbury Tri

J. Fahy Tri

Be nice showing for these guys.

Evansville Courier 12/30/09

(no individual results in the paper, does anyone have any details to post)

Mater Dei Holiday Classic

(Through First Day)

Team scores: 1, Mater Dei 107; 2, Franklin

92; 3, Avon 68 1/2; 4, Floyd Central 57 1/2; 5, Union

County 56 1/2; 6, New Albany 52 1/2; 7, Trinity 49;

8, Memorial 47; 9, Saint Xavier 43 1/2; 10, Tell

City 25; 11 (tie), Mount Carmel and Providence

23; 13 (tie), North Posey and Sullivan 16; 15,

Kentucky Day 8; 16, Vincennes Lincoln 7 1/2.

Fahy wasnt wrestling from my source. got some UC results.

B. Ervin won 103

J. Wurth 5th at 112.

K. Thomas 5th at 130.

I. Ervin in Finals.

T. Buckman in 3rd/4th

I. Thomas going for 3rd/4th.

Bradbury won it all Tri.

Also Logan Wedding former UCMS wrestler won it all at 112. Cousin to Ervins.

I. Thomas 3rd.

T. Buckman 4th

Meant C. Ervin not his brother Isaac. Although I wished he had another year.

Overall looks like about  6 guys from commonwealth win it all. Without Fahy who would probably been up there too. Not too bad.

Wrestling Results from Evansville Courier.

Congrats to all the KY Kids!

WRESTLING

HIGH SCHOOL

(Final)

Team scores: 1, Mater Dei 241; 2, Franklin

215; 3, Trinity 162 1/2; 4, Avon 139; 5, Memorial

136; 6, Union County 120; 7, Floyd Central 114;

8, New Albany 95 1/2; 9, Saint Xavier 94 1/2; 10,

North Posey 72; 11, Mount Carmel 63; 12, Tell

City 46; 13, Providence 36; 14 Sullivan 34; 15,

Kentucky Day 19; 16, Vincennes Lincoln 13 1/2.

Individual results

Does anybody know who got MOW at Mater Dei I know ohlman destroyed everyone at 152 all pins in less than 2 minutes and Bradbury was dominate as well????

WRESTLING

HIGH SCHOOL

(Final)

Brock Ervin (UC) def. Caleb Happel (Fl), technical

fall 3:02.

Hmm.  I didn't think Brock was allowed to wrestle in this tourney because he is an 8th grader?

Hmm.  I didn't think Brock was allowed to wrestle in this tourney because he is an 8th grader?

The IHSAA by-laws do not stop teams from out of the state of Indiana from bring 8th graders to wrestle against Indiana high school teams. I have posted this at least three times now on this forum. I just have to wonder why so many people from Kentucky think they know what the rules are in Indiana when they clearly have access to a computer but do not bother to look up the Indiana by-law themselves. This is copied and pasted from the IHSAA website:

Participation Against Teams of Non-Members

Q. 9-3 May an IHSAA member school participate against a non-member school whose team

contains students below grade 9?

A. Yes, so long as the non-member school is not eligible for IHSAA membership or has been

expelled or suspended from membership in the IHSAA. (Rule 9-15) And if the school is from

out of state, the school must be a member in good standing in its state high school athletic

associations and the round-trip mileage shall not exceed 600 miles from the Indiana state line.

(Rules 9-15, 10-1, 10-1.1)

The IHSAA by-laws do not stop teams from out of the state of Indiana from bring 8th graders to wrestle against Indiana high school teams. I have posted this at least three times now on this forum. I just have to wonder why so many people from Kentucky think they know what the rules are in Indiana when they clearly have access to a computer but do not bother to look up the Indiana by-law themselves. This is copied and pasted from the IHSAA website:

Participation Against Teams of Non-Members

Q. 9-3 May an IHSAA member school participate against a non-member school whose team

contains students below grade 9?

A. Yes, so long as the non-member school is not eligible for IHSAA membership or has been

expelled or suspended from membership in the IHSAA. (Rule 9-15) And if the school is from

out of state, the school must be a member in good standing in its state high school athletic

associations and the round-trip mileage shall not exceed 600 miles from the Indiana state line.

(Rules 9-15, 10-1, 10-1.1)

I found this a few weeks ago, something doesn't seem right.

http://www.wvec.k12.in.us/harrison/ath/HHSAthletic%20Handbook%202009-10.pdf

C. You are ineligible by the Indiana High School Athletic Association rules if:

1. AGE

a. you are 20 years old on or prior to the first date of the IHSAA tournament in your sport.

6. ILLNESS/INJURY

a. you are absent five or more consecutive school days due to illness or injury and do not

present to your principal written verification from a physician licensed to practice

medicine stating that you may resume participation

7. PARTICIPATION

a. During contest season

1. you participate in tryouts or demonstrations of athletic ability in that sport as a

prospective college student athlete

2. you participate as a grade 9, 10, 11, or 12 student in a contest with or against a

student enrolled below grade 9

Which do you think has the rule right? The website that belongs to the Indiana High School Athletic Association (the rule makers of high school sports in Indiana) or the website of a school that is a member of the  Indiana High School Athletic Association? What I posted before is copied and pasted directly from the official IHSAA website. The IHSAA is the official and final authority for high school sports in Indiana.

There is almost always a way around a ruling from another state. In this case there seems to be a loophole thta can be taking advantage of by out of state teams. Thats about it. :-)

Its no a loophole. The by-laws say that out of state 8th graders can complete against Indiana teams.

He wrestled at Evansville (IN) Harrision Ten Way Duals two weeks ago and went 9-0. Coach Walls said since they are from out of state and was invited to that tournament that he is allowed to wrestle. I assume this was the same situation for the Mater Dei tournament. Teched his guy in the finals as an 8th grader, pretty impressive.

Very strong performance by Kentucky teams at Mater Dei this year.  I have followed the tournament for almost 15 years now.  Except for the one year Caldwell County took 2nd with 4 individual champs, I can't remember a better showing than this year.  Great job up there, guys!!

I think UC had a couple showings of 2nd or 3rds in the early 90's. Its was really hard then cuz MD was at the top of the state in Indiana, plus Grissom from Alabama, and Hoptown was still a tough threat. Sprinkled in with some tough Indiana teams and I think Father Ryan from Tenn.