8. Micheal Osbourne

9. JJ Jude

10. Isaac Thomas

11. Grant Ohlman

12. Brad Stafford

13. Kevin Cooper

14. Tyler Crow

15. Jake Lee

Who did yallt hink is worthy of the title "Best in the State"?

Should be alot of talent this year...

My rankings

1. John Fahy

2. Caleb Ervin

3. Brad Hitchings

4. Josh Johnson

5. Myron Bradbury

6. Korey Shotwell

7. Jordan Murphy

8. Micheal Osbourne

9. JJ Jude

10. Isaac Thomas

11. Grant Ohlman

12. Brad Stafford

13. Kevin Cooper

14. Tyler Crow

15. Jake Lee

Who did yallt hink is worthy of the title "Best in the State"?

i know im gonna get yelled at but, not fahy. i would say Johnson or Hitchings. or with another year it WILL be Kevin Cooper, that kid is talented

Kentucky10 aka Mack Logsdon,

You wouldn't get yelled at for saying fahy isnt the best kentucky wrestler, but you will get laughed at... In my biased opinion, Fahy is the best Kentucky wrestler at this time. Caleb is a close second with Hitchings in third. All three wrestlers are good, however not at the National level of Fahy. Jon was a true freshman last year and dominated the state of kentucky. Fahy was about as close as you can get to AA in fargo, placed at the beast, and the super 32. He is without a doubt one of the best 112lbrs in the country this year. If the ol' saying is correct, " you get what you earn" then he should be #1.

Kentucky wrestlers to look out for in the future...

John Fahy

Caleb Ervin

Brock Ervin

Garth Yenter

Matt Fahy

Some kid we don't know from Woodford...

By the way, We will be having a camp in Indianapolis this weekend. There will be 3 sessions on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. The cost of the camp is $100. It will be intense drill, tech, and some live. Give me a call at 317-750-4510 if you are interested

Logsdon,

If you are interested you can stay at my house and have Fahy as your first partner.... Hope to see you there.

Good luck to everyone this season,

Rob

I think it would be hard to say that a sophmore is the best wrestler we have in the state. 

How is it hard to say that when he was almost a All-American, He is ranked higher in the nation then anyone else in our state, and the way he was completely dominate at state this year. Plus he has an amazing workout partner in bradbury so he is only gonna get better.

I thought it was a no brainier who the best in our state was.

Almost an AA (In his age group).

Plus you still have the ole 103 argument.  How tough is 103 really. 

I think it is difficult when you have wrestlers like Ervin and Hitchings. Higher wt. classes plus being older are two arguments.  They dominated their wt. classes against higher classman, not dominated by lower classman and middle school kids.

I'd say the top 3 are all real close, but I agree with you OCMVP, Caleb was a national champ and beat a stud in the finals.  The kid he beat in the soph nationals finals (Henry Carlson) took 4th at USAW Cadet Nationals last year so I believe he's even an OLD sophomore.  I think Fahy is awesome but I'd put Ervin ahead of him for now.

Yeah, It was also hard to say or believe Jimmy Carr was one of the best wrestlers that the United States had to offer when he was a Junior in HS.

I think KY has a lot of great wrestlers and I think time will determine who was the best. I am confident we will see Fahy and Ervin wrestle at the next level and possibly at a good Div 1 progam. There are college coaches already showing interest in these young men.

Yeah, It was also hard to say or believe Jimmy Carr was one of the best wrestlers that the United States had to offer when he was a Junior in HS.

I think KY has a lot of great wrestlers and I think time will determine who was the best. I am confident we will see Fahy and Ervin wrestle at the next level and possibly at a good Div 1 progam. There are college coaches already showing interest in these young men.

Coach Boston you are absolutly correct, fahy is the best wrestler when it comes to stats and paper, but as u related Jimmy Carr i will also. When you ask who is the best Carr in the Carr family BAMM Nate Carr right off top, NCAA champ, third at olympics, a god....on paper, but if u asked Joe Carr sr himself "out of your brothers whos the best?" he would chuckle in a deep voice and say exactly what i just said, "on paper Nates the man,  but when it comes to raw talent and determination Jimmy is the best."

In no paticular order I would have to say-

John Fahy

Myron Bradbury

Caleb Ervin

Matt Slone

Isaac Thomas

Josh Johnson

Grant Ohlmann

Kory Shotwell

JJ Jude

Brad Hitchings

Brad Stafford

There are many more talented wrestling in our state but these are the ones, in my opinion, that are on another level.

Right now I'd say Ervin, on the back of his national championship.  Second would be Fahy, however I can see him surpassing Ervin real quick.  As someone pointed out his workout partner is as good or maybe better than he is.  In my opinion workout partners are what makes most champions what they are.

Logsdon,

I have been hanging out with Coach Carr for 25 years.... You weren't even a twinkle in your dads eyes when we started having these conversations. However, I think Coach Carr, Jimmy Carr, and Nate Carr would all say Jimmy was the best High school wrestler ever, and Nate was the best college and International wrestler. IMO, Jimmy did not have the determination Nate had!!!!!! With Determination you develop discipline...

Fahy has competed with the best in the country at his age and older. If he would have started a year late like some of the others he would be wrestling 8th graders nationally.

Let fahy wrestle the Freshman division when he is a Sophomore... I bet Kentucky would get another National Champion... Let's compare apples to apples.

I really hope you can make it this weekend. We have about 5-6 kids already coming from Kentucky... Woodford guys need to keep working hard to get back on top.

By the way, since we are splitting hairs about who is the best... Why in the heck is the Brock Ervin kid ranked 15th....This could be the best Ervin yet! IMO he should be ranked in the top 5 and probably will finish in the top 3 if he can gain a few pounds. Nathan wrestles this kid all the time and he is a hammer..

Good luck to you all and keep training hard..Kentucky wrestling is getting better and it is awesome you guys have this many good guys that it warrants such a debate.

Rob Boston

i don't think the weight class makes a hill of beans difference. Ruschell obviously killed that when as he grew and moved up to in weight never took a step back. he actually continued to train and got much better. David Taylor was the best in the country at 103 and 112 for three years then jumped up to 135 and was the best in the country at all weight classes. if you are good you are good. and fahy is good. who cares if he is a soph or fresh or a 5th grader. if you are the best you are the best. period. i don't rem anyone telling henry cejudo that he wasnt the olympic champion bc he was the youngest or one of the youngest in the comp. no matter what level you are at your age or grade has nothing to do with wether you are the best at your level.

It's great there are so many worthy candidates this year. I would have to give the preseason nod to a senior. They are deserving because they have been wrestling at a high level for a number of years now. Let the under classman prove themselves with another year and then ask the same question. It's not as important to be the best during preseason as it is at the end of the season. I like Hitchings, Bradbury and Johnson in no particular order.