Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Pre-season rankings 2009/2010 - July 11

allot of people at 119 have beat jimmy lacy after all he was 2 maches away from placing at state.

A LOT?  Maybe I am misunderstanding.  Are you talking about 119s from last year or the current ranked 119s.  If you are talking about those currently ranked, I would like to see that list.

A LOT?  Maybe I am misunderstanding.  Are you talking about 119s from last year or the current ranked 119s.  If you are talking about those currently ranked, I would like to see that list.

I am talking about last year, but there are people at 119 this year that have beat him and are behind him.

I am talking about last year, but there are people at 119 this year that have beat him and are behind him.

You said people, so can you give me 3 examples of guys that you can make an argument should be ranked higher than Lacy?

Zach Green is going back down to 130 he tells me now  :|

Here is were it gets confusing, first he quite easily beat Keaton Starks at the Blue/Grey Duals, then lost to Keaton and Brent Feher at Regionals

Bell isnt wrestling anymore i dont think hes not been with them at any tournaments since state i dont think

lol sounds like you are really confident about that. Just in case you dont know not every kid wrestles in the off-season.

...or they may have to work to help the family, or maybe involved in something academic, or maybe involved in football camps, or just may be lazy.  It is really hard to say so maybe we shouldn't assume anything and just encourage. :-D

Yeah, here in KY they don't.  Just like Mr. Granby above, they don't care about being competitive at a larger level.

ACTUALLY, every kid does not wrestle during the off season in any state.  You may recall that many, many kids have higher priorities including family, work, and other sports to name a few. 

ACTUALLY, every kid does not wrestle during the off season in any state.  You may recall that many, many kids have higher priorities including family, work, and other sports to name a few. 

There's no point in arguing guys. Don't you know? The Great Dinubus is always right  :mrgreen:

Yeah, here in KY they don't.  Just like Mr. Granby above, they don't care about being competitive at a larger level.

I wrestled in the off-season every year, but i was fortunate enough to have alot of support and didnt have to work, and i didnt play other sports.  You always seem to look at things one sided Dinubus, things arent always wat they seem. 

I wrestled in the off-season every year, but i was fortunate enough to have alot of support and didnt have to work, and i didnt play other sports.  You always seem to look at things one sided Dinubus, things arent always wat they seem. 

i only wrestled during season, except for  a few camps, and tournys. work, and girls had alot of my attention

I don't think anybody is  criticizing those who don't wrestle during the off season. those who's priorities are to be a competitive wrestler at the next level do wrestle during the off season (the same as those who wish to move on in soccer, baseball, basketball etc do aau or completive traveling teams, those that are satisfied with only high school sports do not).

Yeah, here in KY they don't.  Just like Mr. Granby above, they don't care about being competitive at a larger level.

To start, dinubus,you truly have no idea what you are talking about.

I've coached Mr.Granby in the spring and summer and been in his corner in a national tournament(NHSCA Va.Beach twice).

Derek is a great kid.

There weren't any football scouts when we wrestled Jeffersonville like you said.tOSU coaches attended a dual at Trinity against FLoyd Central.

Also, As far as I know there is no such thing as the NHSAA as you referenced previously. Well, there is, the New Hampshire School Administrators Association. The governing body used is the NFHS(National Federation of High Schools).

Things are not as cut and dry as you make them out to be when you get on here and rant about Kentucky wrestling. Our state programs have been improving quite a bit for years. The process has been started to try and change Bylaw 25, which is the "Limitation of Seasons" bylaw. Kids are wrestling in the spring and summer, new programs are being started, old ones are being brought back, and then someone like you gets on here and runs there trap about something you know relatively little about. Believe me, there are quite a few things that need to change, but nothing happens overnight.

Bottom line, it offends me (and quite a few others I've spoken with) since I've been involved with our states wrestling for over 20 years.

I wonder how much you really know wrestling. I know, I know you were a state champ, hurt your neck,blah,blah,blah.....

I've coached Mr.Granby in the spring and summer and been in his corner in a national tournament(NHSCA Va.Beach twice).

Derek is a great kid.

There weren't any football scouts when we wrestled Jeffersonville like you said.tOSU coaches attended a dual at Trinity against FLoyd Central.

Also, As far as I know there is no such thing as the NHSAA as you referenced previously. Well, there is, the New Hampshire School Administrators Association. The governing body used is the NFHS(National Federation of High Schools).

Things are not as cut and dry as you make them out to be when you get on here and rant about Kentucky wrestling. Our state programs have been improving quite a bit for years. The process has been started to try and change Bylaw 25, which is the "Limitation of Seasons" bylaw. Kids are wrestling in the spring and summer, new programs are being started, old ones are being brought back, and then someone like you gets on here and runs there trap about something you know relatively little about. Believe me, there are quite a few things that need to change, but nothing happens overnight.

Bottom line, it offends me (and quite a few others I've spoken with) since I've been involved with our states wrestling for over 20 years.

I wonder how much you really know wrestling. I know, I know you were a state champ, hurt your neck,blah,blah,blah.....

The seldom heard but ever-feared Coach Brown zing.

Derek is a great kid.

This is why I have the utmost respect for Coach Brown, honest and straight to the point.  I had the priviledge of being Mr. Granby's coach for 2 years and I do call it a priviledge.  I have never been around a kid who worked harder at anything or cared more about the sport they loved.  That includes 2 kids that I have coached in HS football who are now playing in the pros (Isaac Sowells / Doss / Cleveland Browns & Garry Williams / Seneca / Carolina Panthers).  Dinubus is obviously is ignorant of that which he speaks.  Derek wanted nothing more than to wrestle in college.  He was unable to do so his 1st year after high school, yet he took classes at a JC and still worked on his wrestling skills.  With no help from anyone, he worked his way towards achieving his goal of wrestling in college, just like he did with being a state champ, and now this fall, he will be attending Lindsey Wilson and competing for their wrestling team.  That really sounds like a kid who doesn't care about being competitive on a larger scale, doesn't it?