Sign in to follow this  
eville dad

Harrison Courtney - Standing Ovation!

you dont have to place in state to realize that courtney didnt dominate the state this year, as he has in past years. and its not even like its all that negative, as someone pointed out he pretty much bumped up two weight classes. to bump up two weghts and still win state is very impressive in itself. i agree courtney has worked hard and deserves what he has gotten, no need to get defensive and try to rip my head off over the internet.

I don't think tc125 is criticizing Courtney as much as you'll think, just pointing out a true fact.  However there is a reason behind his "less dominating performance" this year which I have already pointed out.  I applaud Courtney for his sacrifice to his team this year and in years past.  Come to think of it this is his third year where he has wrestled in a weight class other than his natural weight for the good of the team.  Who else can you think of that has done this, let alone a four-time champ who could have wrestled whatever weight he wanted if he was selfish?  I'd venture to say that Courtney is a better person than he is a wrestler, and that's saying something.  Good luck Harrison with your college career and whatever else you choose to do in life.

you dont have to place in state to realize that courtney didnt dominate the state this year, as he has in past years. and its not even like its all that negative, as someone pointed out he pretty much bumped up two weight classes. to bump up two weghts and still win state is very impressive in itself. i agree courtney has worked hard and deserves what he has gotten, no need to get defensive and try to rip my head off over the internet.

I saw him bump up to 171 during a couple of dual meets as well this year. That's pretty impressive as well.

thank you jpizar, for realizing i wasnt bashing him by any means, just stating that i expected him to dominate even more this year, than he has before. i guess the reason he did, was because he bumped up in weight.

i agree he was a s dominate but there was never any doubt he wasnt gunna win a match he was in control in every match he had

he just didnt make the kids look like they had never wrestled before like he used to

I was quite surprised as well that there was no special recognition of a 4-timer.  At least a curtain call and let the crowd show their appreciation for his efforts over the last 6 years.  I'll also say I have been impressed with Harrison's attitude and demeanor over the years.  Whether you are a Woodford fan or not (and I admit that I'm not), you have to agree that Harrison is a class act.  I took my 5 year old down to the floor after the finals and took him over to meet Harrison and congratulate him.  The classy young man took a few minutes to talk to an excited young boy.  He gets my vote as the best ever to come through this state.

His poise through the finals match impressed me. He has down at one point i believe and he didn't panic like Sullivan. He just kept wrestling the whole match. I agree he has kept his composure so well over the years, as did Zarth btw. They both just kept wrestling and just like true champions they prevailed through obstacles. Congrats to Harrison and good luck in the future. He has my vote as one of the best to ever come through KY, Woodford boy or not. :evil:

His poise through the finals match impressed me. He has down at one point i believe and he didn't panic like Sullivan. He just kept wrestling the whole match. I agree he has kept his composure so well over the years, as did Zarth btw. They both just kept wrestling and just like true champions they prevailed through obstacles. Congrats to Harrison and good luck in the future. He has my vote as one of the best to ever come through KY, Woodford boy or not. :evil:

He is a very close second to Harrison when it comes to a classy hard working kid. I always enjoyed watching him wrestle.

He is a very close second to Harrison when it comes to a classy hard working kid. I always enjoyed watching him wrestle.

I agree Zarth is very classy as well.

I was quite surprised as well that there was no special recognition of a 4-timer.  At least a curtain call and let the crowd show their appreciation for his efforts over the last 6 years.  I'll also say I have been impressed with Harrison's attitude and demeanor over the years.  Whether you are a Woodford fan or not (and I admit that I'm not), you have to agree that Harrison is a class act.  I took my 5 year old down to the floor after the finals and took him over to meet Harrison and congratulate him.  The classy young man took a few minutes to talk to an excited young boy.  He gets my vote as the best ever to come through this state.

I've been saying this for quite some time now! Now all that is left is for Harrison to win senior nationals, then a national championship in college! Just kidding, lets let the kid enjoy his success.

That would have been very cool.  They do an ok job of recognizing coaches (they could still do better I think), but the KHSAA dropped the ball on Courtney.  I'm sure he doesn't care though.  It might be a long time before we see another 4-timer. 

...wait a second, i just said a long time for another 4-timer...without thinking about Fahy or Cooper.  I think both of these kids have a shot.  Fahy I even expect if from him.  Cooper will make a great run of it...but we'll see.

He received it last year as the MOW. A 4x is an awesome accomplishment but pales in comparison to a men who have dedicated over 80 years advancing Kentucky wrestling.

...wait a second, i just said a long time for another 4-timer...without thinking about Fahy or Cooper.  I think both of these kids have a shot.  Fahy I even expect if from him.  Cooper will make a great run of it...but we'll see.

Lol you caught yourself quick! Good thing! I was about to be all over that!  :lol: