Sign in to follow this  
Ubtapinzson

Best Coaches

In my opinion it is Coach Carr Sr.

This man is know nationally for his tremendous amount of knowledge about wrestling. Plus this man has put out 9 state championship teams.

Whats ur opinion? 

In my opinion it is Coach Carr Sr.

This man is know nationally for his tremendous amount of knowledge about wrestling. Plus this man has put out 9 state championship teams.

Whats ur opinion?   

My opinion is he was better with Rusty Parks as head coach. I think the facts speak for themselves.

My opinion is he was better with Rusty Parks as head coach. I think the facts speak for themselves.

as though that may seem coach Carr was more of the "wrestling" coach, he knows every move , every counter, every position, no joke. Coach Parks was more of the paper work coach. he recruited kids from within the school ( got out on the field during football practice and picked kids out) did all the scheduling, and stuff like that. So when Coach parks left WC lost that, and now WC is a little unorganized but never the less you better believe they still have the best "wrestling" coach maybe in the nation.

as though that may seem coach Carr was more of the "wrestling" coach, he knows every move , every counter, every position, no joke. Coach Parks was more of the paper work coach. he recruited kids from within the school ( got out on the field during football practice and picked kids out) did all the scheduling, and stuff like that. So when Coach parks left WC lost that, and now WC is a little unorganized but never the less you better believe they still have the best "wrestling" coach maybe in the nation.

I think Jeff Jordan and Buxton from Blair may have something to say about that

I think Jeff Jordan and Buxton from Blair may have something to say about that

this is a story coach parks told me one time at a family reunion(im his cousin). coach parks was looking for a partner to coach this high school team, Woodford(hail haha j/k) he got this guy that had wrestled for UK , won an sec title, and had other very impressive stats. he instantly liked this guy Joe Carr, stayed at his house a few times. one time the two went to a coaches convention somewhere in the north i forget, any way Dan Gable was giving a little speech and he ended it with," But i don't know why im up here speaking, because the best technition in the nation is sitting right there in the crowd, Mr. Joe Carr. Coach Parks said he about fainted, and to me thats where the real tradition started. i don't think Jeff Jordan would say very much of anything to coach Carr, other than showing respect. and it seems like every time coach Carr goes to the NCAA finals, every coach from every college makes sure they say something to coach Carr.

I will agree Coach Carr is an outstanding coach.  I wish our coach had as much knowledge as that man. lol cause if we are being honest I think we all know that meade countys coach isnt the most techincal but he will get you strong quick. plus he trys really hard for us. but thats my opinion.

this is a story coach parks told me one time at a family reunion(im his cousin). coach parks was looking for a partner to coach this high school team, Woodford(hail haha j/k) he got this guy that had wrestled for UK , won an sec title, and had other very impressive stats. he instantly liked this guy Joe Carr, stayed at his house a few times. one time the two went to a coaches convention somewhere in the north i forget, any way Dan Gable was giving a little speech and he ended it with," But i don't know why im up here speaking, because the best technition in the nation is sitting right there in the crowd, Mr. Joe Carr. Coach Parks said he about fainted, and to me thats where the real tradition started. i don't think Jeff Jordan would say very much of anything to coach Carr, other than showing respect. and it seems like every time coach Carr goes to the NCAA finals, every coach from every college makes sure they say something to coach Carr.

Point Taken. My coach actually told me that story as well. I was really just messin with ya anyways  :-D

That is what people fail to understand. Coaching is so much more than showing/teaching moves. Also, maybe the refs are less tolerant of Carr's corner antics without Park's level headed approach to the table. The facts are clear. Maybe the Carr combo can get them back but, I still think there shouldn't be a set of rules for the Carr's in the corner chair and a set for everyone else. This is not a rap on Joe Sr. I think people are failing to recognize Rusty's contributions.

yeah it completely bothers me how when i wrestle any woodford wrestler, i feel like im wrestling the wrestler, and coach carr at the same time. hes practically breathing on my, while he shows his kids what to do from the sidelines.

yeah it completely bothers me how when i wrestle any woodford wrestler, i feel like im wrestling the wrestler, and coach carr at the same time. hes practically breathing on my, while he shows his kids what to do from the sidelines.

But from a fan perspective, when you don't care about either wrestler, it is fun to watch him dance around like he's in the match.  And is it those two who look like synchronized swimmers, moving in exact step with each other?

Sounds like you're real focused out there.  I never noticed another coach in my 5 yrs of HS and college wrestling.  Worry about your opponent, not his coach or teammates or your girlfriend or the weirdo who's walking around the Dudgeon center in long johns.

Man you sure do whine alot. What could the state of Kentucky do to make life better for you?

Sounds like you're real focused out there.  I never noticed another coach in my 5 yrs of HS and college wrestling.  Worry about your opponent, not his coach or teammates or your girlfriend or the weirdo who's walking around the Dudgeon center in long johns.

Ha ha weirdo in long johns.  What makes this funny is that there really was a guy in long johns last year, and he is a weirdo.

i listen and watch my opponents coaches a lot, that way i know what their coach is telling them to do, because 9 times out of 10, the wrestler listens. in a way coach carr is helping me, but him having different corner guidelines than any other coach, should not be aloud. by the way, the state of kentucky could ban people with iqs lower than that of a standard field mouse, from posting comments on an internet site. this would make my life better sneaky snake. leave the posting to the intelligent ones, who understand the rules of wrestling, please.

The Carrs are pretty loud when they coach, of course with all those Wo. Co. screamin' mothers they kinda have to be.  :lol: When I get on the mat I get tunnel vision and I can't hear a thing, partially because I'm deaf and have my headgear taped up. It's not even that I think about what to do anymore it's like i just react like a robot. Kind of crazy now that I think about it. Yeah I'll look at my coaches after the period to listen for some good tips but during the match I block everyone out and just wrestle.

coach carr and joe joe are without a doubt the best coaches in the state and it seems when they are coaching it bothers you and thats a good thing if your wrestling one of our wrestlers

coach carr and joe joe are without a doubt the best coaches in the state and it seems when they are coaching it bothers you and thats a good thing if your wrestling one of our wrestlers

Are you implying that they try to bother the other wrestlers when they coach?

Are you implying that they try to bother the other wrestlers when they coach?

Yes, I'd like to know what you mean by that because the coaches shouldn't be allowed to interfere in the match. IMHO, several coaches are too involved in their wrestlers' matches, and the Carrs are some of them. As a spectator, I've had instances where they were in my way of trying to see the match and just plain annoying.

Besides, I'd like to hear from some wrestlers who get yelled directions while they're wrestling. Do you like that? Can you even focus on what they're saying?