Sign in to follow this  
cougars_119

most exciting weight class.

Whats your favorite weight class to watch?

do you like the speed of the little guys or the power of HWTs?

even tho i wrestle in a lower weight class im a fan of 160-189.

Whats your favorite weight class to watch?

do you like the speed of the little guys or the power of HWTs?

even tho i wrestle in a lower weight class im a fan of 160-189.

Best classes -- 130 through 171. Certain matches are going to be awesome: Norbury-Ervin; Davis-Shotwell

no offense to the big guys, but imo, hwt is almost always the most boring weight class. its very slow and very low scoring. its way too easy to stall and too easy to have fluke matches because its almost always throws and its easy to have a wrestler just get stuck. nothing happens on the mat because most hwts cant carry two of themselves and they just lay flat. too many hwts try to rely on their strength and usually aren't in solid stances. but that's just my opinion.

i am a little bias, some people dont understand how much technique is actually involved in those low scoring matches. and also isnt "sticking" your opponent kind of the point in wrestling, thats probably why a pin scores the most team points.  my matches were always exciting to watch in a lot of peoples opinions. "almost always throws", are you kidding me? sorry if you think throws are boring

i am a little bias, some people dont understand how much technique is actually involved in those low scoring matches. and also isnt "sticking" your opponent kind of the point in wrestling, thats probably why a pin scores the most team points.  my matches were always exciting to watch in a lot of peoples opinions. "almost always throws", are you kidding me? sorry if you think throws are boring

no technique is used just about every heavyweight in ky is fat and slow sorry but its the truth

i would say 125 was the most enjoyable last year there were so many fast and strong guys it was awesome

its not that throws are boring, but only throws? makes matches really predicatable, kind of takes away the impact of a perfectly executed lat drop to the number one guy in the state, by the number three...you know? if you know its coming, its not nearly as exciting. you can almost predict the outcome of any hwt match, before it even happens. and i dont mean the winner by any means, thats probably the best part about hwt though. it is way less predictable than any other weight class, just because of the sheer size, as mentioned before.

also 125 and 119 are shaping up to be strong weights again this year, cant wait to see where everyone ends up at region.

lets just put it this way tc has pinned hc has pinned tc has pinned wc has pinned hc has pinned wc you get the picture no technique sorry but true everyone is pinning everyone.

lol well put...i liked that one..

To both extremes of the mass spectrum, I've always said:

To heavys; A little technique will take you a long way in this sport.

To lightweights; A little strength will take you a long way in this sport.

To everyone in between; You're gonna need both. Superior conditioning will take you a long way this sport.

To everyone in between; You're gonna need both. Superior conditioning will take you a long way this sport.

What a great analysis. Makes perfect sense.

Yes, I agree, and that's why I like the weights in the middle, where you have to bring it every time. Every once in awhile you see someone who's fun to watch in those weights at the end. Last year Anthony Bailey was a monster. I just loved how he dominated a match -- had strength, technique, and even speed.

What he said!!