Sign in to follow this  
AJ160

Best Overtime Matches you've seen.

I remember the Courtney/Thuenaman OT match from a couple years back. Courtney hit some crazy switch as Thuenaman was taking him down in the state semis for the win. What are some the the best OT matches you've ever seen?

Without question the 2002 National Duals. Ohio State was losing to Oklahoma 17-13 heading into the last match which was heavyweights. The match went into OT and Tommy Rowlands took Leonce Crump  down to his back to win his match and a spot in the finals against Minnesota. Because of the fall Ohio Sate won 19-17. Being in Columbus, of course the crowd went crazy. Not to mention, I'm a big Tommy Rowlands fan anyway.

zac brown and dakota kincer went into triple over time last year at state in the quarter finals. it was very exciting for me, but i am a little biased  :-D

99 state semis. Anthony Smith (ChrCo.) vs Isaac Knable (StX).

Refs hit Smith for stalling (4th time) in OT, he went crazy, family almost stormed the mat, was later DQ'd after refusing to shake Neal Crawford's hand after a conso match (in which he stuck crawford).

He was stalling, though. Knable took a junk shot just to force the ref to call it.

zac brown and dakota kincer went into triple over time last year at state in the quarter finals. it was very exciting for me, but i am a little biased  :-D

i remember that match. it was very intense. its a shame somebody had to lose.

Ethan Miller beating Elliot Martin at last year's State Duals in 3x overtime ending Martin's 102 win streak.

Oh man that was a great match to watch. Both were working for every little bit.

Ethan Miller beating Elliot Martin at last year's State Duals in 3x overtime ending Martin's 102 win streak.

yea this match was crazy and it seemed like ethan should have won the match before overtime in overtime in double overtime and then he finally got it in triple but it was awesome to watch

Recently at the 5 Star the Championship matc at 160 was intense, it ended in triple ot (i think) because of a locking hands call, it was jeff thomson from NO and Franklin County's 160. That was an insane match.

The andy lenz/kyle terry match was insane too, i remembered that was one of the better matches i saw last year

A good one this year was Logan Murrell and Josh Bruning at region 7 duals. There was almost some terrible call that would've sent it into over triple overtime, but thankfully there's assistant refs, and the last second high chicken wing was turned into potentially dangerous instead of a point, giving murrell the big W.

Another big one i remember watching a couple years back at region 7 duals was Donnell Davis vs. Jamel Muhammad. It went into double overtime with Muhammad getting the victory. The coolest thing about it was the story though. The year before donnell transferred to our school, they both went to TC. Donnell said that they had wrestled-off a bunch off times, and they were even drilling partners for two years. So the entire match they knew every move each other were gonna make. So it was really cool bc instead of wrestling-off for a starting spot, they were wrestling for a top spot in the rankings this time.  :-o

99 state semis. Anthony Smith (ChrCo.) vs Isaac Knable (StX).

Refs hit Smith for stalling (4th time) in OT, he went crazy, family almost stormed the mat, was later DQ'd after refusing to shake Neal Crawford's hand after a conso match (in which he stuck crawford).

He was stalling, though. Knable took a junk shot just to force the ref to call it.

Some bull crap is what it is.

I liked Will Starks, Woodford vs Mark Jones North Hardin, I think it was at State Duals in 06. I dont remember all the details but I do remember Starks had to ride Jones to avoid losing. Jones got to his feet and instead of trying to put him back on the mat Starks just picked him up from behind and held him up in the air off the mat so Jones couldnt do anything. I think the ref eventually blew the whistle but it was crazy to see him holding this big super strong kid in the air and Jones not being able to do anything.

I think Starks went on to win, those two had a lot of good matches!

It was overtime and all Starks had to do was ride him out to keep him from escaping or scoring, so it wasnt stalling, but I think the ref did stop the match. I dont know what the official call was, if stalling or dangerous or what, but it got the coaches arguing on both sides.