Sign in to follow this  
enthusiast

Woodford County Invitational -Dec. 29/30

It sounds like the tournament went well and there was some very good wrestlers there, what weight classes had some of the best competition and/or surprising results.  It looks like there should have been some interesting matchups from 119 through 152

oh and yes Zarth Johnson and Brocco all looked very impressive they all wrestled top ranked guys and dominated the matches. kirby goodwine looked pretty good and so did JH 112 and Jordan murphy looked pretty tough. on the other side i still think we will see courtney pin walls because he still easily won a majdec even tho he wrestled at the bottom of his game. and the SO 189 looked very sloppy not sure if he was just off or what but he had a sloppy performance in the finals.

Who is Henderson, at Seneca? Never heard of him before where did he come from?

1  Un Co  Caleb Ervin

2  JH  Jordan Murphy

3  SK  Steve Norbury

4  Way Co  Aaron Dodd

5  HC  Jack Podgorski

6  Sen  Alex Henderson

7  Chr Co  Dustin Thomas

8  Coop  TJ Bates

I have a full set of the brackets scanned into the computer but at this time it will not let me attach the file even though its only about 800kb

I have a full set of the brackets scanned into the computer but at this time it will not let me attach the file even though its only about 800kb

I think it is an issue with the site as I haven't been able to attach the rankings either.

It was really odd to see the number of teams so low at the WCI.  Any discussion about the reason for that?  It has historically been one of the biggest tournaments (if not the biggest) in the state.  Without extras, it wasn't even a full 16 man bracket.  I can remember have pigtail matches for a 32 man bracket when I was wrestling.

It was really odd to see the number of teams so low at the WCI.  Any discussion about the reason for that?  It has historically been one of the biggest tournaments (if not the biggest) in the state.  Without extras, it wasn't even a full 16 man bracket.  I can remember have pigtail matches for a 32 man bracket when I was wrestling.

i know that tates creek didnt go because of how late the tournament always goes, and how poorly run it normally is. so we went to wayne county instead to get plenty of rest for the tci.

maybe alot of people didnt go because it was a monday tuesday meet

well this year unless they wanted to change the weekend of it, they almost had to make it a monday tuesday meet, because regional duals was a monday tuesday meet. so to wrestle two days on monday and tuesday, take at least one day off in between for christmas, most likely two days cause of christmas eve, and then turn around and wrestle saturday and sunday with only one or two days of practice, would have been way too much to ask of the region 7 wrestlers that wrestled at wci. i know you werent saying it shouldnt have been a monday or tuesday, i was just explaining to some people why i think it was.

I know it was planned as a 32 team tourny but had some teams drop out to late to be replaced. I think they ended with 24 teams. I agree that it can drag on way to long, but this year was pretty good, aside from starting 1.5hours late on the first day. We got out around 9 on the first night and about the same time on the second.

i know that tates creek didnt go because of how late the tournament always goes, and how poorly run it normally is. so we went to wayne county instead to get plenty of rest for the tci.

Seems like a good decision would have been to go where a team can have competition and not have a soft excuse on why NOT to attend. 

The WCI has always been a solid competitive tournament and one alot of schools are glad to participate in.  Not everything can run as smoothly as one would like and to have it all put together at a Holiday Break!  For a "Lexington Team" to be disturbed by starting and stopping times is a little absurd seeing as there were teams from all over the State and even some out of State?

What is the drive form the Tates Creek side of Lexington to Woodford County?? 

20 minutes? Given you get stopped a few times on Man-O-War?

Congrats to the Woodford County Team and Parents for having such a wonderful Tournament!  Great time, well run, and good Coaches room too!!  I will come back!

I thought that The WCI was ran alrite this year.  It ran a little late,  but it was a lot better then years in the past that I remember.  I have been to better and worse.  I will say that the hospitality room was a little lackluster this year.

I usually try to stay away from this site because of all the criticism, but i created an account just to respond to this person's analysis of the WCI hospitality room.  Did you forget that this is gratuitous, or did your mother never teach you any manners or how to say thank you?  You want to talk about preparation!!  we fed approximately 100 MEN 3 meals a day for two days-do the math-we had to have enough food for 600 meals!!  the amount of time it took to coordinate the food, get it ready and hot was quite a task.  This was not a money making endeavor-all the food was donated by wc parents and believe me it cost a pretty penny.  I personally spent over $100.00 on the food I prepared, and others were just as generous.  What time did you get home?!! because I was there until almost midnight cleaning up.

I am not trying to elevate the parents of WCI, I am speaking out on behalf of all the parents who work so hard to see that the coaches and refs are taken care of.  We appreciate the hard work you guys do, and would really like some of the same!  Do you realize what it would have cost you if all the coaches from your team had to eat out all those meals?  I really find it an insult that someone would call something free "lackluster" which to me means lacking and mediocre.  Please, next time you are at wc for a tournament, find me and i will be glad to give you a $10.00 food voucher to concessions and we won't have to listen to your criticism anymore.  I'm not afraid to post my name-how about you?

Thanks again to all the coaches , refs and table workers for the great job you did running a two day tournament-I really do appreciate it. 

Mimi Logsdon

Woodford County Parent Rep

I wasn't at the tournament this year, but can speak from past experience.  I have been to the WCI as a coach a few times and in my experience it is one of the best hospitality rooms anywhere.

I find it quite funny that you started a account just to tell me this.  All of the bad things that was said about the tourny, and this is what bothers you the most  lol.  I was in no way saying that I did not appreciate everything that was done for the coaches and refs.  I know you all work hard and I thank you for this.  It is a hard task for so many people.  I never said it was bad and I said thank you the times I went in there.  I am still entitled to my opinion though, and I say it was lackluster.  Everyone has there opinions, you know this, you are from Woodford.  I mostly say this because in the years before it seemed much better, especially being in the cafeteria.  If my comment about a hospitality room is what offends you most on this forum, then I commend you.

Anthony Mills

Master Hospitality Room Rater

I usually try to stay away from this site because of all the criticism, but i created an account just to respond to this person's analysis of the WCI hospitality room.  Did you forget that this is gratuitous, or did your mother never teach you any manners or how to say thank you?  You want to talk about preparation!!  we fed approximately 100 MEN 3 meals a day for two days-do the math-we had to have enough food for 600 meals!!  the amount of time it took to coordinate the food, get it ready and hot was quite a task.  This was not a money making endeavor-all the food was donated by wc parents and believe me it cost a pretty penny.  I personally spent over $100.00 on the food I prepared, and others were just as generous.  What time did you get home?!! because I was there until almost midnight cleaning up.

I am not trying to elevate the parents of WCI, I am speaking out on behalf of all the parents who work so hard to see that the coaches and refs are taken care of.  We appreciate the hard work you guys do, and would really like some of the same!  Do you realize what it would have cost you if all the coaches from your team had to eat out all those meals?  I really find it an insult that someone would call something free "lackluster" which to me means lacking and mediocre.  Please, next time you are at wc for a tournament, find me and i will be glad to give you a $10.00 food voucher to concessions and we won't have to listen to your criticism anymore.  I'm not afraid to post my name-how about you?

Thanks again to all the coaches , refs and table workers for the great job you did running a two day tournament-I really do appreciate it.   

Mimi Logsdon

We're going down to Woodford this weekend for duals, and I for one am looking forward to their hospitality room.  It's been awesome in the past!

Mimi Logsdon