Sign in to follow this  
enthusiast

Woodford County Invitational -Dec. 29/30

Courtney did not look that impressive tonight for some reason.  He looked small for 160. Johnson and Zarth both looked very good.

What happened to Semones at 215? Did he wrestle?

He finished 4-2 and took 5th. Lost to a wrestler from Indiana in the quarters in a tight match. Then lost to the kid from Henry Clay (who he beat a week ago) in the final round of consolations after taking a half-a$$ shot that cost him. Not a fun night tonight but no excuses. You take your hat off to the winner and you live to wrestle another day. A learning experience that hopefully will pay dividends in the future

Courtney did not look that impressive tonight for some reason.  He looked small for 160. Johnson and Zarth both looked very good.

i agree he looked sloppy on bottem, i think thats the first time i have EVER seen anyone ride him like that.

Call it what you want but, as usual, Courtney went about his business in a workmanlike manner and brought home a 10-2 victory against the #2 ranked wrestler in the state for that weight class. As for him looking small, I believe he could probably drop down a weight class if he needed to do so.

As has been said many times in these forums, the great thing about Harrison is the fact that he is Harrison, what you see is what you get. There is no pretense or arrogance about him in any way shape or form. He's just a kid who deserves all he can get because he works hard. Everytime I see him wrestle I am reminded that it's technique, not physique, that wins wrestling matches.

Call it what you want but, as usual, Courtney went about his business in a workmanlike manner and brought home a 10-2 victory against the #2 ranked wrestler in the state for that weight class. As for him looking small, I believe he could probably drop down a weight class if he needed to do so.

As has been said many times in these forums, the great thing about Harrison is the fact that he is Harrison, what you see is what you get. There is no pretense or arrogance about him in any way shape or form. He's just a kid who deserves all he can get because he works hard. Everytime I see him wrestle I am reminded that it's technique, not physique, that wins wrestling matches.

I was not trying to put down Courtney in anyway.  He is a awesome wrestler.  I just dont think that he performed as well as he could have.  I think he knew this as well because even after the win he acted frustrated with himself.

Final Team Scores

Woodford 233

Seneca 215

John Hardin 180

South Oldham 171

Henry Clay 135.5

Oldham Co 133

Franklin(KY) 118

Corydon Central 110

Scott 103.5

McCreary Central 102.5

Franklin(OH) 97.5

Southern 93.5

PRP 78

Eastern 71

Anderson 61.5

Fern Creek 59.5

Bullitt Central 56.5

Bourbon Co 47

Bryan Station 46

Manual 45

Western Hills 31.5

Woodford Gold 28

MOW  Hildenbrand

who saw that kid from ohio in the 152 finals. wow his coach told him before the match to do what he wants, have fun, and show these kentucky boys a whole new world

That kid was really tough, he is a fargo placer and is an all american. It would have been great if Courtney could have wrestled him, I think it would have been a much more interesting match, but I enjoyed the takedown clynic.