Sign in to follow this  
eville dad

Beast of the East 08

im pretty positive the scholorships hes already getting will suffice for him just fine as long as he keeps his head on straight. he should go far in life with the lessons he has learned wrestling, and the future its setting up for him already.

Absolutely, but the sport itself is bigger than he is. By this, I mean I wish that he would have went up there, wrestled his tail off as he always does, and gotten Ky some recognition. I mean some good recognition, the type that makes recruiters not be afraid to take chances on these multiple time champions in Ky just because they wrestle in Ky. Hes proved that he can wrestle at the National level, placing third at sophomore nationals (he should have won but he got screwed on a last second peterson to the eventual champion).

Didn't Courtney just compete at Super 32 and only go 2-2?  That tournament has got to be on par wth Beast of the East. 

Didn't Courtney just compete at Super 32 and only go 2-2?  That tournament has got to be on par wth Beast of the East. 

i dont know i would say it is a really hard tournament but the beast is just about the hardest.

i dont know i would say it is a really hard tournament but the beast is just about the hardest.

I'm not sure either.  Where is grapplehed, he can give a pretty good idea how these tournaments stack up.

Super 32 and Beast are very comprable.  Super 32 is bigger and deeper.  It draws from a greater portion of the country.  Some states are not eligible at the Beast because of in season travel rules.  At Super 32 you will get more kids from MI, IN, OH, CA, etc.  The competition especially at the top of each bracket is about the same.  You could say the same for the Ironman as well.  Ther were some brackets at the beast that were probably tougher than Super 32 and some at Super 32 that were more loaded.  I would say it's a toss up.

As I read this, I can only hope that some people never read this. Any kid that wrestlers , doesn't need any more BS / Pressure than he gets on the mat. If someone wants to make a name for KY wrestlers then let them do it! To talk about how someone else should do it, is just not right! Let the kids leave it on the mat, where ever that may be. It would be nice if KY kids placed in all of the TOP Tournaments in the nation,  but not going to happen any time soon. If your a KY wrestler and think Ky should have a better name for itself, then make it happen! :wink:

As I read this, I can only hope that some people never read this. Any kid that wrestlers , doesn't need any more BS / Pressure than he gets on the mat. If someone wants to make a name for KY wrestlers then let them do it! To talk about how someone else should do it, is just not right! Let the kids leave it on the mat, where ever that may be. It would be nice if KY kids placed in all of the TOP Tournaments in the nation,  but not going to happen any time soon. If your a KY wrestler and think Ky should have a better name for itself, then make it happen! :wink:

but lets just say that i suck at wrestling, and i go to every tournament and get dominated. that would only bring negative attention to ky.

1st period - Hitchings got screwed on the potentially dangerous call. Debatable as to whether or not he should have got the escape for loss of control on the out of bounds.

2nd period - Definitely was not out of bounds when he was about to turn to get his two after the escape was awarded. Isn't it illegal to scissor the body?

3rd period - Good job on the escape and take down, good escape by the other kid, not sure if the kid was deserving of two though. It was either an escape or a reversal, obviously not an escape then a take down.

1st period - Hitchings got screwed on the potentially dangerous call. Debatable as to whether or not he should have got the escape for loss of control on the out of bounds.

2nd period - Definitely was not out of bounds when he was about to turn to get his two after the escape was awarded. Isn't it illegal to scissor the body?

3rd period - Good job on the escape and take down, good escape by the other kid, not sure if the kid was deserving of two though. It was either an escape or a reversal, obviously not an escape then a take down.

its not illegal to scissor the body, its illegal to figure four the body. its also illegal to scissor the head, but you can figure four the head. last year they tried to make scissoring the body illegal, but i don't think it ever passed.

Hey 385 do I see an itty bitty bit of bias here? 

According to these quots you would think the official was out to get Hitchings. 

Lets give these officials credit they were asked to ref. this tournament for a reason.  My guess would be because they are some of the best around.  Your comment on the illegal scissors does not give creidit to the rest of your comments.  If you don't know that a scissors is legal aroud the body how can we be certain that you have any insight on the rest of the calls.

not saying 385 is right or wrong, and i haven't watched the match yet myself to even have an opinion.  BUT i have heard 2 other people say there were some questionable calls in Brad's semi-final match that could have went either way.  1 person was a certified ref. 

either way, these guys all did great.  good job guys! 

Lets give these officials credit they were asked to ref. this tournament for a reason.  My guess would be because they are some of the best around.  Your comment on the illegal scissors does not give creidit to the rest of your comments.  If you don't know that a scissors is legal aroud the body how can we be certain that you have any insight on the rest of the calls.

Well of course im going to be biased!  :wink: But there were calls that could have gone either way, and it just seemed to me like everyone of these calls went the other kids way. Thats all.

But as to the comment about scissoring the body, I've gotten called on it a couple times, but it just must be something that I was doing wrong. Apologies...

Well of course im going to be biased!  :wink: But there were calls that could have gone either way, and it just seemed to me like everyone of these calls went the other kids way. Thats all.

But as to the comment about scissoring the body, I've gotten called on it a couple times, but it just must be something that I was doing wrong. Apologies...

Maybe you will get a rule book for Christmas. :-D

Maybe you will get a rule book for Christmas. :-D

i wonder if santa clause ever placed in the north pole at heavy weight? i bet he was a 6x state champion...

i wonder if santa clause ever placed in the north pole at heavy weight? i bet he was a 6x state champion...

I bet 103 was the deepest weight class.  All those elves!

Isn't figure 4 on the head and scissoring the body both illegal in the neutral position?

Scissoring the body from a neutral position can be called potentially dangerous.  This usually occurs when a wrestler has the legs in and the bottom wrestler stands up.  The match is usually stopped if the legs or in or there is a body scissors.

Yes the figure 4 of the head in the neutral position is illegal. Unless they changed therse rules again.

Yes the figure 4 of the head in the neutral position is illegal. Unless they changed therse rules again.

Not illegal if the arm is also trapped which is what I believe was the case in this match.