Sign in to follow this  
Takedown Machine152

Best wrestlers in the state

I'll be the first to agree with you, but in John's first high school tourney this past weekend he placed 4th out of approx. 105 kids in his bracket. John beat 1 Fargo AA from this year (Friedman - MD), one 08 HS State Champ (Creed - NC), and one 08 HS State Placer (VA - don't remember his name).  Both his losses were also to Fargo AA's (Orecchio 2nd, and Kraisser  4th).  Friedman was 7th.  10 Fargo placers in his bracket (some from Cadet 98, Cadet105 and Junior105).  Only 3 of 10 placed at Super32.  3 HS State Champs (FL, NC, and VA) none of which placed.It's a good start.

yea Courteny, Brown, and Zarth for sure, but i hear that josh johnson isnt wrestling

This would be very sad news.  Lose two defending state champs this year before the season starts.

I guess I must be out of the loop, but old 140 you said 2 state champs not wrestling?  Which 2?  I know some things are blown way out of proportion, but I wonder why the 2, if they indeed are not wrestling, are in fact just that, not wrestling.

I guess I must be out of the loop, but old 140 you said 2 state champs not wrestling?  Which 2?  I know some things are blown way out of proportion, but I wonder why the 2, if they indeed are not wrestling, are in fact just that, not wrestling.

you must have missed the whole Dakota Choate thing.  look it up in the rankings page.

Yes I was referring to Choate, and now possibly Johnson.  I wil take Johnson not wrestling as just a bad rumor until I hear otherwise.

Guy,

Two year ago Coach Carr from Woodford County started an elite wrestling club in Indianapolis, IN with his son, and  2000 NCAA champion Carl Perry. They were able to grow the club and draw in top wrestlers from all over country... After the club got established and had positive cash flow it was able to hire a full time coach. This allowed Coach Carr to spend more time with his team and reduce his travel back and forth to Indianapolis. During the last two years the elite training facility has drawn in over 30 state champions and 25 national champions at all levels. I called Mr. Fahy about two year ago and invited John to an elite camp, at that time it was by invitation only. I kept hearing about this Kentucky kid, and I wasn't convinced he was the real deal. The first summer I thought he brought value to the room, but he wasn't the rock star everyone talked about in Kentucky.... Well, after that summer John was able to adapt to the intensity of the top rooms in the country. I guess what I am trying to say is, " John not just one of the best in Kentucky, he is one of the best in the Country." I am excited for John Fahy, Trinity, and most of all, Kentucky wrestling.

I have a great relationship with many D1 coaches, and they know that I am around these kids on a regular basis. The two kids they were impressed with the most was John Fahy from Kentucky, and Taylor Massa from Michigan.

John, Your hard work and dedication will pay off, and I can't wait to watch you win your first state title. I only wish you were wearing Black and Gold.

Good luck to all Kentucky wrestlers,

Rob Boston

Hands down Harrison Courtney is the best wrestler in the state.

As for Fahey I'm not sure who he is.

I do however thnk that you have left one name off the potential list.

Corey Shotwell.  In my opinion is superior to both his teammate Dusty Brown and Josh Johnson.

Hands down Harrison Courtney is the best wrestler in the state.

As for Fahey I'm not sure who he is.

I do however thnk that you have left one name off the potential list.

Corey Shotwell.  In my opinion is superior to both his teammate Dusty Brown and Josh Johnson.

I think you could be right about Shotwell,  I can not put him above Johnson yet though.  Shotwell was runner up in what i thought was a fairly weak weigh class last year.  Johnson has placed 2nd, 3rd, and 1st, in which a couple were fairly tough.  I would like to see a Brown Johnson matchup this year.  I think they are both exciting wrestlers to watch.

Can we at least what for Fahy to actually wrestle in high school?

I agree. I don't see John Fahy being as dominant at 103 as everyone seems to expect. He is definitely avery good wrestler, but I don't see him having a state title handed to him. As I recall, he did not pin his way through the Middle School State Finals last year against Nick Paden. So I do expect him to actually have competition this season. (Not sure who, but someone may bring it).

According to USA wrestling magazine, John Fahy is the best wrestler in the state of Kentucky! He is the only wrestler ranked in all classes nationally. Like I said, he has spent many hours on the mat with national level wrestlers. I agree, no one is going to hand him a state title! He is going to take it, while making Kentucky proud. I was also told second hand that Coach Carr maybe helping out with that club again after the high school season. That would be awesome... Good luck and have a successful season.

www.wrestlingusa.com for Highschool National rankings.

Can we at least what for Fahy to actually wrestle in high school?

Yes. We can "what" for him but I think it would be more effective to "wait" for him.

Yes. We can "what" for him but I think it would be more effective to "wait" for him.

My bad.  I typed the wrong word.  Must have had a bad dream and thought I graduated from Fairdale.

My bad.  I typed the wrong word.  Must have had a bad dream and thought I graduated from Fairdale.

I live in Fairdale. I don't go there. lol. I've had similar dreams.

It is amazing the technique the Fahy boys have learned up at Jeff Jordan's state champ camp.  Not sure if it's true or not, but I thought I heard that John is now a counselor up there as of this past summer?  They're going to be animals in h.s.

He's taking a red-shirt this year.

He posted on the rankings thread that he wasn't wrestling because of personal reasons.  But... I find it more than coincidental that this came up after it was announced that Courtney is wrestling 160.  I already know what's going to happen now, people are going to come on here and be pissed off but sorry I don't care.  His reason is too vague, that combined with the coincidence makes me believe that Courtney coming up had something to do with his decision.  Sorry.

He posted on the rankings thread that he wasn't wrestling because of personal reasons.  But... I find it more than coincidental that this came up after it was announced that Courtney is wrestling 160.  I already know what's going to happen now, people are going to come on here and be pissed off but sorry I don't care.  His reason is too vague, that combined with the coincidence makes me believe that Courtney coming up had something to do with his decision.  Sorry.

Maybe this is how you think, or maybe even act yourself. I guarantee you that the reasons behind Choate not wrestling is not to dodge Courtney.  Firt off, he's not one to dodge anyone.  Second, do you really think he would sacrifice his whole senior season to dodge another wrestler?  Why wouldnt he just go 171 or back to 152 if he really didn't want to wrestle Courtney.  I guess he also moved out of Louisville and stopped going to PRP because he was scared of Courtney?  Get a clue jpizar83, you have really shown your ingnorance.