Sign in to follow this  
userdaddy

Joe Carr VS Andrew Tinsley

Alot of you might have saw the match in the finals of state in 1996 where Carr stuck Tinsley.  But did any of you see the Hotown Tourney Finals 4 weeks earlier that year.  one of the best matches ever.  Both wrestlers got put on their backs.  No B.S. --- I thought that Carr got stuck.

Alot of you might have saw the match in the finals of state in 1996 where Carr stuck Tinsley.  But did any of you see the Hotown Tourney Finals 4 weeks earlier that year.  one of the best matches ever.  Both wrestlers got put on their backs.  No B.S. --- I thought that Carr got stuck.

My wrestling coaches speak of that match every year..where they believe carr was stuck but the ref was to shocked to see carr on his back and being pinned...

Carr did win in O.T.  &  he was stuck.  That Tourney had  Grady Peterson vs Chris dunn,  Hank Pinner vs Ian Horn, Carr vs Tinsley, & Miguel Merritt vs a wrestler from Grissom AL  that hadnt been beat in 2 years.

Carr did win in O.T.  &  he was stuck.   That Tourney had  Grady Peterson vs Chris dunn,  Hank Pinner vs Ian Horn, Carr vs Tinsley, & Miguel Merritt vs a wrestler from Grissom AL  that hadnt been beat in 2 years.

man those are all state finals caliber matches...would have love to had been able to watch those matches

Peterson beat Dunn,  Carr beat Tinsley, Horn beat Pinner, Merritt Pinned Grissom..  That was the last time Woodford came to Hoptown..  Their bus was vandalized.  Every finals match was nice.

My wrestling coaches speak of that match every year..where they believe carr was stuck but the ref was to shocked to see carr on his back and being pinned...

Conrad Wilmoski also had Carr so flat you couldn't get a credit card underneath him. It was a district finals and Gene Washington ( one of the best) wouldn't call it.

Conrad Wilmoski also had Carr so flat you couldn't get a credit card underneath him. It was a district finals and Gene Washington ( one of the best) wouldn't call it.

Image that Woodford County getting a call...lol lol lol lol

One of the best at what?  Home cookin!  The combo of Gene and Coach Parks/Carr was like Boss Hogg and the Boars nest. 

I tend to agree with that assessment.  Gene seemed like a great guy off the mat, but back in the day, get him in a big match involving Woodford and they always seemed to get the benefit of the doubt.

If i recall correctly...Tinsley tossed Joe to his back in the beginning on the match (the Dungeon erupted) and then Joe rolled through and stuck Tinsley in the 1st minute. ..and I do believe Tinsley refused to take the podium during the awards ceremony. 

My son was wrestling in the finals at 103 for Caldwell County in that tournament.  No question, Carr was flat on his back for 3 or 4 seconds.  The ref was in shock and took his time getting down to look.  You could see he wanted to call a pin, but just couldn't bring himself to do it.  By the way, that was Carr's junior year.  His senior year he wrestled another Caldwell wrestler in the state finals, blatantly slammed him, was called for a slam, and the Caldwell kid continued wrestling.  In both cases, Carr could have, and perhaps should have, lost the match.

If i recall correctly...Tinsley tossed Joe to his back in the beginning on the match (the Dungeon erupted) and then Joe rolled through and stuck Tinsley in the 1st minute. ..and I do believe Tinsley refused to take the podium during the awards ceremony. 

HAHA I don't even know what to say

I've heard this story so many times from various sources. Woodford was in hostile territory that night, no doubt.

yeah, they were treated very disrespectfully and never came back.  Still it was a great tourney

No one would happen to have any video of this tournament would they? It would be awesome to see hoptown tourney footage back in their glory days, especially of miguel merrit and the carr/tinsley match.