Sign in to follow this  
thegreatgatsby

Region 3 Pre-Season Rankings 10/14/08

To all wrestlers, coaches and fans:

If you know of any changes, please let me know.

Region 3 Rankings

1  Zack Tucker (SOUT, 10)

2  Kevin Nguyen (IROQ, 10)

3  Dylan Pike (MEAD, 11)

4  Jody Foster (BUCE,  )

5  Jacob Leverich (FAIR,  )

6  Bryce Payton (PRP, 9)

1  James Huffine (SOUT, 11)

2  James Childress (MEAD, 11)

3  Preston Glass (BUCE, 10)

4  Andrew Vanhoose (PRP, 12)

5  Tyler Goldman (FAIR,  )

6  Daniel Bruck (IROQ, 10)

1  David Beck (FAIR,  )

2  Trevor Martin (SOUT, 12)

3  Lou Cordero (IROQ, 12)

4  Nick Byrd (DESA, 10)

5  Joseph Millay (MEAD,  )

6  Adam Mann (BUCE,  )

7  Ben Walsh (PRP, 10)

1  Chris Barrett (SOUT, 11)

2  Desmond Mitchell (VALL, 12)

3  Matt Vardeman (PRP, 12)

4  Vince Weston (FAIR,  )

5  Eric Sivado (DESA, 10)

6  Alex Weiger (DOSS, 10)

7  Marco Ortiz (IROQ, 10)

8  Steadman Shakleford (WEST,  )

9  James McGeehee (MEAD,  )

1  Wes Lewis (DOSS, 12)

2  David Moore (FAIR,  )

3  T.J. Berryman (SOUT,  )

4  Anthony Wood (PRP, 10)

5  Carlos Siegert (SHAW,  )

6  Trevor Campbell (MEAD,  )

7  Tim Smith (IROQ, 10)

1  Rayshawn Graham (IROQ,12)

2  Shawn Johnson (DOSS,  )

3  Jake  Maupin (FAIR, 9)

4  Mark Childers (PRP, 9)

5  Jake Weedman (SOUT, 10)

6  Zack Goldsmith (DESA, 10)

7  Patrick Underwood (BUCE, 12)

8  Michael Carr (SHAW,  )

1  Antwan Fields (IROQ, 11)

2  Alex Hacker (DOSS, 12)

3  Joey Carter (MEAD, 11)

4  Justin Willenborg (HOLO, 12)

5  Camryn Fields (PRP, 10)

6  Dakota Sparks (SOUT, 10)

7  Kenny Bailey (SHAW, 11)

8  Brent Weston (FAIR,  )

9  Alex French (DESA,  )

10  York Bingham (WEST,  )

1  Akeem Bennett (BUCE, 12)

2  Ethan Medley (MEAD, 12)

3  Brody O

Your Meade County line up is way off.  Some are not on the team any more and others will be  going up weight and some going down.

Your Meade County line up is way off.  Some are not on the team any more and others will be  going up weight and some going down.

Would you like to share any changes to the line-up?

Joseph Millay  119 is out for season medical and I believe McGehee droped off team last year. There was talk of Tanner Cole going 152 and some of the other kids going up. Alot of young kids moving in from middle school which just started up last year and also just alot of new kids with no experience.  Several of the no experience won't last long.

103 pike

112 childress

119 garrett?? or ??

125 garrett?? or ??

130 could be anyone?

135 could be anyone?

140 cody hoskins

145 ethan medley

152 tanner cole

160 junior mason

171 ???

189 dennis (don't know his last name)

215 Tyler crow

275 ???

Some of the weight classes are too stacked to say for sure... others have to many matches that could go either way.  The ??? weight classes are there cause I just don't know there names off the top of my head.  I hope this helps!

103 pike

112 childress

119 garrett?? or ??

125 garrett?? or ??

130 could be anyone?

135 could be anyone?

140 cody hoskins

145 ethan medley

152 tanner cole

160 junior mason

171 ???

189 dennis (don't know his last name)

215 Tyler crow

275 ???

Some of the weight classes are too stacked to say for sure... others have to many matches that could go either way.  The ??? weight classes are there cause I just don't know there names off the top of my head.  I hope this helps!

Is Joey Carter not wrestling this year?  At 189 is Dennis' last name Satterfield?

Jake weedman should do good at 140 this year, the kid has some heart, hopfully he was lifting over the summer and running. Not sure on his endurance level at the moment, but im sure coach Latsha will deal with that.

Gatsby.... Joey Carter will be wrestling this year but I wouldn't be suprised if he lost his spot to some of these freshmen.  Some of these kids coming out of the middle school program are very impressive and can't wait to see how it plays out.  If Carter wants to keep his spot he will have to learn to wrestle instead of throwing head locks every 3 seconds in a match.  Dennis Saterfield is correct, he has been working hard in the off season, he has gotten stronger and leaner.  There is a first year wrestler going 119 that would have taken Joseph millays spot anyway.  The 125 will be a freshman that has a year of middle school wrestling under his belt and was a standout at the usa wrestling camps.  More to come if the lineup changes.

Jake weedman should do good at 140 this year, the kid has some heart, hopfully he was lifting over the summer and running. Not sure on his endurance level at the moment, but im sure coach Latsha will deal with that.

ahaha weedman at 40 he weighs 134 he is going 130 or he might give tj 130 and go 135

This is why Region 3 is the laughing stock of Kentucky Wrestling...

*Pat Lile is a good wrestler

*I'd like to think that I ain't half bad on the mat

*Dwayne doesn't wrestle

So what we do doesn't seem to really affect our regions as much as you insenuate.

I have it [on first hand experience] that wrestlers in other regions are exactly the same. Kids are kids. I've partied or got a little crazy with wrestlers from as far away as, say, SK, CC, WC, Ryle. You know, the power houses.

Plus, that kid's name is Jody Foster. lol. I thought that was funny.

*Pat Lile is a good wrestler

*I'd like to think that I ain't half bad on the mat

*Dwayne doesn't wrestle

So what we do doesn't seem to really affect our regions as much as you insenuate.

I have it [on first hand experience] that wrestlers in other regions are exactly the same. Kids are kids. I've partied or got a little crazy with wrestlers from as far away as, say, SK, CC, WC, Ryle. You know, the power houses.

Plus, that kid's name is Jody Foster. lol. I thought that was funny.

True Pat Lile and yourself are good wrestlers but does anybody outside of region 3 give either of you recognition as such?

Kids are kids and they party of course, but the difference is that the kids in the powerhouse schools such as SK, CC, WC, and Ryle dont get on kentuckywrestling.com the following morning and tell about their weekends, nor do they ask to have anyone brag for them.

When is the last time you read about beer pong or chugging goldslager in a region 1, 2, 4, 5, etc. rankings post? Probably never.

True Pat Lile and yourself are good wrestlers but does anybody outside of region 3 give either of you recognition as such?

Kids are kids and they party of course, but the difference is that the kids in the powerhouse schools such as SK, CC, WC, and Ryle dont get on kentuckywrestling.com the following morning and tell about their weekends, nor do they ask to have anyone brag for them.

When is the last time you read about beer pong or chugging goldslager in a region 1, 2, 4, 5, etc. rankings post? Probably never.

Absolutely never. But hey, it is what it is. I'm a good kid, I work hard, i'm respectful, and I put whatever time and energy I have left from the rest of my life into my wrestling. You may not agree with what I do in my spare time, but it happens.

This is my coaches thread anyway, so i'll discuss what I usually discuss with him. lol.  :-D

Is that right... nobody mentioned anything about drinking?

Well I might have mentioned a couple things... lol.

Oh and, nope im on my own. No parents for me, finally all grown up. I have the right to do what I do...

Ok? and your point is...? Leave em alone, your not their parents

No im not their parents. I am 17 years old and a region 3 affiliate, and i can almost guarantee that i party waaaay harder then both of these cats (Lile and Stengel, ive been there with Stengel before though) but that stays within myself and come monday morning its back to business, not let me tell everybody how cool i am and what i did this weekend.

The point is it makes our region look even more so than before, the pits of the state. Pat Lile's party doesnt fall anywhere near the context of "Region 3 Pre-Season Rankings"

Come on... some one has to agree with me? Ranger, GOO, Mathound??? Some one help me out here.

Come on... some one has to agree with me? Ranger, GOO, Mathound??? Some one help me out here.

I'm with you 385.  As a parent of a recent graduate, I think the comments made were totally inappropriate and should be removed.  By not removing them, you are condoning under age drinking and the delinquency of minors.  In my opinion. 

Oh and, nope I'm on my own. No parents for me, finally all grown up. I have the right to do what I do...

As for Southern112 - you may have graduated but that doesn't mean you're grown up.  The legal drinking age is 21 in all 50 states.  You do NOT have the right to "do what you do" when you are breaking the law.  And the persons giving you the alcohol is breaking the law too.

As for Southern112 - you may have graduated but that doesn't mean you're grown up.  The legal drinking age is 21 in all 50 states.  You do NOT have the right to "do what you do" when you are breaking the law.  And the persons giving you the alcohol is breaking the law too.

I believe Southern112 has posted he was entering into Military Service. Not to condone underage drinking but, I've always had a problem with the he is old enough to die yet not old enough to drink mentality. The fine in Lexington is $5 for PI. I wonder why. Age has little to do with being "grown up".

If he is willing to make this sacrafice for us, you better hope he is grown up. That'd just make it a double damn shame should he ever be in harm's way.

~stepping down from soap box and in overall agreement with ccbcdeke especially with regard to providing the -OH

Guest cmccoy

I have removed most of the drinking talk. The point is this...this is a wrestling site to talk about wrestling. Drinking (underage especially) has no place on this site. The Subject of this forum is Region 3 Pre-Season Rankings. Lets keep the talk to that.

I understand 385.  You are not judging them per say. 

What you are saying is that this is not the place for this discussion.  If you want to have this type of discussion e-mail each other. 

I'm sure you guys have learned about perception, and reputation.  Unfortunately region 3 already has the reputation of being a weak wrestling region.  (notice I said reputation).  By spreading your business on this site will not help that reputation, and will add a perception of un-rully out of control kids that probably should not be wrestling. 

Above all else I can't believe that your coaches would condone this behavior.  I know my coach was not stupid and knew what we were doing, but if he caught anyone (in or out of season) partaking in any of these actions they would be removed from the team. 

Remember you represent your wrestling program, your school, and Kentucky wrestling.

With all this said I will close this thread later today, unless someone else does before I do.

I believe Southern112 has posted he was entering into Military Service. Not to condone underage drinking but, I've always had a problem with the he is old enough to die yet not old enough to drink mentality. The fine in Lexington is $5 for PI. I wonder why. Age has little to do with being "grown up".

If he is willing to make this sacrafice for us, you better hope he is grown up. That'd just make it a double damn shame should he ever be in harm's way.

~stepping down from soap box and in overall agreement with ccbcdeke especially with regard to providing the -OH

Thanks man. I feel the same way.

I didnt mean to make it all get out of hand, i was just throwing in some humor. I live on my own, pay my own bills, make my own doctor apointments. I am 20 years old, and entering the air force to serve our country, as a right thing to do. By all means that is the decision of a man. Am I wrong?

The party side of me, had nothing to do with me during wrestling season, I was a good athlete. It has to do with me and my friends having great memories together granted somthing happen to me serving our country. There is absoloutely nothing wrong with that.

385- You need to take a trip to indiana, and see how them indiana boys get down. Chill in tha basement with ya cups and pong balls, listenin to some tom petty, blind melon, and the doors, while the girls get loose. Sayin you could out party Pat Lile, anyone who knows thew name would chuckle at that one. Dusty Stengel.. thats my boy!!! Aint noone on his level!! STAND UP!!!

We need to chill somtime tho you seem like a pretty cool guy. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!