Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2008/2009 PRESEASON March 5

Cody Ward has also beaten Jack Podorski and Bryan Thompson, both by major.

cody ward beat him by 1 point and then lost by 4 the next time they wreslted, jack was also trying to cut to 125 and didnt have energy the first time the wrestled

one 103 i think might make some noise is chris coy i believe his name is he is strong and fast so i think he will be top 15 easy

Yeah Chris Cory from PCC. He's pretty good, got a pretty quick little high crotch

i disagree Shawn Johnson has beaten the state champ Shane Parks and Luna has lost to Thomas.

But to mention shane parks, state champ, made luna look like a fool in the simis. i don't think luna should be as high as he is, he isn't a very constant wrestler, who knows when he might just want to quit. Johnson for now should be ranked 1st, because as of now we don't know if Zarth or Carr are going 125, so till then, plus who knows what the lower ranked kids are going to do, let the season tell.

But to mention shane parks, state champ, made luna look like a fool in the simis. i don't think luna should be as high as he is, he isn't a very constant wrestler, who knows when he might just want to quit. Johnson for now should be ranked 1st, because as of now we don't know if Zarth or Carr are going 125, so till then, plus who knows what the lower ranked kids are going to do, let the season tell.

You must not remember the Luna of his 8th grade and freshman years. Luna will not be quitting anytime soon. If inconsistent is placing 6th after wrestling only a month after being out for over a year, I'd be scared to wrestle him after practicing all season. Not to mention the fact that he was forced to wrestle up a weight due to the new weight management rules.

You must not remember the Luna of his 8th grade and freshman years. Luna will not be quitting anytime soon. If inconsistent is placing 6th after wrestling only a month after being out for over a year, I'd be scared to wrestle him after practicing all season. Not to mention the fact that he was forced to wrestle up a weight due to the new weight management rules.

I give him credit, he showed up and wrestled well placing 6th.  But you can't use the weight rules for justification.  Everyone plays by the same rules.

I give Luna credit as well.  But look at the bracket.  He was by far in the easiest Quarter.  He had to beat Harper in the Quarters to get to the semis.  Harper was descent this year, but not great.  He then on to lose his next three.  Lets face it, he had a lucky draw. 

I give him credit, he showed up and wrestled well placing 6th.  But you can't use the weight rules for justification.  Everyone plays by the same rules.

Oh I know, I was just pointing out the fact that 125 wasn't even the plan for Luna but he still managed to place.

Oh I know, I was just pointing out the fact that 125 wasn't even the plan for Luna but he still managed to place.

indeed he had it way easy. Also #19 Zack Michael (Moore) beat #4 Ray Harper (Seneca) 2/5 times and the last time they wrestled Zack lost in overtime in the region finals.

Kyle Terry from CH (8) beat number (2) Austin Palmer from ryle today up at a ohio tour.

What was the score?  Was it a good match and how did it play out?

it was 4 to 4 the final score but the tounament rule was that first point scored wins no over time and palmer coulnt get up in the last period.

That's a good win for Terry, but if they face each other at state next year and the score is tied, it will go into overtime. 

That's a good win for Terry, but if they face each other at state next year and the score is tied, it will go into overtime. 

yeah but still good match it seems what weight were they at and was anyone else from KY ther and did anything?

a lot of the ryle kids (peace, osborne, palmer), some woodford kids, and alot of kids with no-ox. more people from ky than i thought there would be

Region I is coming up....Three teams in the top 25!!!!!!!!

2. Union County

18. Christian County

23. Henderson County

Keep it up guys. Lets get some more teams up there. When competition rises in the region, you will see more results at the state meet, where it matters