Sign in to follow this  
stand-up

Pre-season rankings

OK Ranger, the dust has settled and our lives have returned to normal.  When can we expect to see 2008-09 pre-season rankings.  Sorry, but you got yourself into this. 

OK Ranger, the dust has settled and our lives have returned to normal.  When can we expect to see 2008-09 pre-season rankings.  Sorry, but you got yourself into this. 

Let me enjoy the youth state this weekend and maybe I'll get something out next week.  I have the HS guys "re-aligned", but I need to look at some of the MS guys coming up.

Let me enjoy the youth state this weekend and maybe I'll get something out next week.  I have the HS guys "re-aligned", but I need to look at some of the MS guys coming up.

Believe it or not, The KWCA has 08-09 pre season rankings out. not very good!!!! Ranger123, waiting patiently!!!!

Woodford is ranked #18 in those rankings.  Bullitt Central is #13. HUH?

When you compare ranked kids, BC has Bennett and both Walls (at least one was a senior, right?).  Woodford has Courtney, Bracco, and Kraziewicz.  Based on ranked kids it looks like BC has an edge.  But who honestly sees Woodford finishing that low?  That would be hard to believe.

Can someone post a link to the KWCA 08-09 rankings, I went to the KWCA site and the 08-09 rankings were not there.

Thanks

If you wait until October they will show up on the KWCA website.

Can someone post a link to the KWCA 08-09 rankings, I went to the KWCA site and the 08-09 rankings were not there.

Thanks

the KWCA 08-09 rankings are attached

According to the KHSAA site both Walls were seniors....it seems as though they have been around for awhile!!

When you compare ranked kids, BC has Bennett and both Walls (at least one was a senior, right?).  Woodford has Courtney, Bracco, and Kraziewicz.  Based on ranked kids it looks like BC has an edge.  But who honestly sees Woodford finishing that low?  That would be hard to believe.

KWCA rankings seem to like Scott/the Supe's.  6th, 3rd, and 1st.  And Trinity seems to have 8 guys placing, 7 in the top 5. 

well all the supes did place this year and with seniors graduating they dropped out and supes bumped up. Trinity deserves to be ranked like that, i easily see trinity have 6-9 placers next year, 4 of which will be top 3.

At 103 Paden, Bracco, Casa del Valle, Merriweather, Milford: did these guys place, come close to placing or make it to the last day?  It looks like Merriweather was ranked 8th going into the state but he got beat in the first or second round. 

And I don't think Eastern will beat Woodford. 

Also, didn't Warra graduate after leaving Seneca's wrestling team. 

Paden lost to Elam (ranked #1) 10-5 in quarter-finals and then dropped down and lost to Kincer (ranked #4) 6-4 in the match before the medal round. so yeah, i do believe that it means he came close to medaling.

At 103 Paden, Bracco, Casa del Valle, Merriweather, Milford: did these guys place, come close to placing or make it to the last day?  It looks like Merriweather was ranked 8th going into the state but he got beat in the first or second round. 

they all came pretty close to placing. Paden and Bracco lost their first match on the last day and Milford, Merriwether, and Casa del Valle lost their last match on the second day.

Paden lost to Elam (ranked #1) 10-5 in quarter-finals and then dropped down and lost to Kincer (ranked #4) 6-4 in the match before the medal round. so yeah, i do believe that it means he came close to medaling.

Yeah, that does mean he came close to medaling.  But how many make it to the third day.  12?