Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2007/2008 January 2

I think Andy Lenz is really good, and yes I do know that, however the only history on the mat this year has Brown winning and doesn't explain how Lenz jumps in front of him, I'm not trying to denigrate the ratings that you do, because I think everyone agrees that the job you do is tremendous and few others would even attempt it, I was looking for a explanation as to why.

I have been impressed with how competitive Lenz was against some tough competition at 112.  So, with the 2 being even I gave Lenz the nod.  If Brown wins the next matchup (2 wins this season over Lenz) he gets the spot.  Essentially, the two are equal in my mind.

As I read the Josh/Caleb debate I have to laugh because knowing Josh he either doesn't care about being ranked one or two or hides it very well.  He just goes out there and does everything he can to win his next match.  Also if I was going to bet, and I am a betting man, I would think Caleb is the same way.  They do have one common opponent in the top 10, Carmen, but that is not enough to make a clear determination on who is better.

I think the rankings should be used as motivation and nothing else. If you are ranked first keep working hard to stay there. if you are not then work hard to get there. If you are ranked behind somebody don't complain just work harder and prove you should be ranked ahead of them.

I agree.  Unless you are going to tell me you beat him, what's your point in saying he is overrated.  And I believe I have seen Deinlein own you in the past.  Just get the job done on the mat and you will move up appropriately.

I've seen thomas wrestle our jv kid and he gave him a match and i'm not impressed i'm 1-1 against deinlein this year i lost to him by 2 and beat him by 3

I've seen thomas wrestle our JV kid and he gave him a match and I'm not impressed I'm 1-1 against deinlein this year i lost to him by 2 and beat him by 3

Did Dustin win? You go out there and get wins, it doesn't matter how little or how big a win is a win. But I have to say you cannot get caught up in rankings at the moment because all that matters is what happens on the mat in February.

I do believe it will be a close match but I still think Johnson will come out on top by  3 or 2 at least.

I agree with you there, I think Josh will win it, but i just seriously doubt it will be a "kill".  We'll see.  That will be another great match to watch for down state. 

If you are talking about Chaney, I suspect that a provision of a football scholarship, if that is the reason, stongly discourages him from Wrestling in his senior year.

Deon has been at practice this week and will be back for the Fern Creek/LaRue/Nelson Co dual.  He has been in the stands all day at Jefferson Co Tournament of Champions. 

Ranger, at 112 tyler boone and micheal boone are the same person, also his little brother chase boone at 103 pinned korey polley last weekend at the Christian county inv. and beat him by ten in the JV CCI

Ranger, at 112 tyler boone and micheal boone are the same person, also his little brother chase boone at 103 pinned korey polley last weekend at the Christian county inv. and beat him by ten in the JV CCI

Thanks for pointing that out.  I knew that, but didn't realize I left both on the list.

matt neal will dominate against brownfield.... I've even talked to some campbell county kids and they agree.. if it will be close the only reason would be cause brownfield is slightly defensive.

Vince staten from McCreary is over rated he was beaten by Sheldon Clark's heavy weight 2-0 with Sheldon controlling the match and only defeated the letcher county heavyweight 7-4.

Jefferson County Tournament of Champions things to note-

103- casa del valle pinned Huffine/rupp

112- Smith pinned weixler

119- Noe Majored Gillespie

125- Michaels dec. Harper/colston

130- ohlman pinned miller

135- Poulton Majored Branch and pinned Davis. Barton also had a very close match with davis and beat branch for 3rd

140- Watkins majored Wright, Thomas dec. watkins

145- Bauer pinned Cahill

152- choate dec. mann. Choate dec. Mcneely

160- Schneider dec. Wright. Wright pinned George

171- Hitchings pinned Dunn

189-???

215- Nickel Pinned Messina

Hwt- Whitting close dec over Smith and Payne

Vince staten from McCreary is over rated he was beaten by Sheldon Clark's heavy weight 2-0 with Sheldon controlling the match and only defeated the letcher county heavyweight 7-4.

Maybe Sheldon Clark's heavyweight heavyweight is way too far underated.  Didn't he also place at Grundy?

135- Poulton Majored Branch and pinned Davis. Barton also had a very close match with davis and beat branch for 3rd

145- Bauer pinned Cahill

189-???

7th grader Wade Holtsclaw JH has beat Casa Del Valle Senca and James Huffine Southern. 

145- Bauer pinned Cahill

189-???

Smith did not pin Wexlier. It was 11-4

And Olhman did not pin Miller.  He won by points

In the 103 finals it was Bradbury over Hoskinson 8-1.(Hoskinsons nose was bleeding badly and blood time had to be called 3 or 4 times)

In the 119 finals it was Martin pinning his kid in the first period. 

In the 189 finals the Trinity 189 apparently broke his elbow and the match went to the other wrestler by default. 

The 285 match was very good it was 3 to 4 I think. 

7th grader Wade Holtsclaw JH has beat Casa Del Valle Senca and James Huffine Southern.   

Remember to report it both ways.  The Seneca kid beat Holtsclaw at WCI last week.

All of you Vince Staten haters, have you ever watched high school heavyweights wrestle?  On any day anything can happen.  Staten won one of the biggest tournaments in KY.  Give the kid some credit.  I know you teams in Region 8 hate each other with a passion, but try to be a little objective.  Okay, he lost a close match to a likely underrated kid from SC.  That's why we wrestle the matches and don't let the paper (rankings) decide the outcome.

Hitching beat Dunn by points not a pin.  It should have been closer but Hitching did a good job of keeping pressure on Dunn and not letting him get a chance to do anything.

145- Bauer pinned Cahill

189-???