Sign in to follow this  
ScareCrow152

WCI

well my boys if you look in the rule book it states that a take down is awarded when the ankle is hooked and the arms are behind the armpits... that happened and a take down was awarded before the scramble even happened. I seriously doubt that zarth thought he had two when the take down was issued when he was laying on his stomach with nothing but an ankle.

well my boys if you look in the rule book it states that a take down is awarded when the ankle is hooked and the arms are behind the armpits... that happened and a take down was awarded before the scramble even happened. I seriously doubt that zarth thought he had two when the take down was issued when he was laying on his stomach with nothing but an ankle.

Well there you have it. #1fan, you just taught me and 100 booing people in the gym the textbook definition of a takedown! Discussion is now over with your textbook reference. Silly me, I should have read the book before I posted.

Please notice I am not saying Martin would not have won the match anyway. I simply question the takedown call.  If Martin were not awarded the takedown, then he would have been losing at the end of the first period and forced to be offensive while Zarth could have been conservative and defensive for the rest of the match.  When a good wrestler is up by 2, that can easily end a match, especially when the two are evenly matched. That takedown in the first period dictated the pace and strategy for the remainder but did not necessarily determine who won the match?

There is even a pic in the rule book of this. The leg is in and he was under both arm pits. That is how it is called in college and the ref made the right call there. At the end of the period that was a judgment call about giving points or no points. If there was about 3 more seconds i think that there might have been points given. I just do see how people can sit there and boo a reff. The people that boo are the ones that always complain, but yet have never even thought about being a reff a day in there life. Now that I have said my peace, this was one of the best matches I have seen this year. This weight class is looking to be stacked again this year.

Wrestle4life are you suggesting fans only cheer when we agree with ref's calls?  Let me assure you, if refs couldn't psychologically take the booing, they need to get the hell off the mat. Remember, refs volunteer to be paid officials. Their job is to make tough calls in close situations, it's their judgment, not the fans. Booing and cheering is part of all sports. I have never seen a ref cry after a match! But for you to suggest fans should sit idle and simply provide accolades during an emotional sport like wrestling is irrational, fantasyland verbal garbage.

Wrestle4life are you suggesting fans only cheer when we agree with ref's calls?  Let me assure you, if refs couldn't psychologically take the booing, they need to get the hell off the mat. Remember, refs volunteer to be paid officials. Their job is to make tough calls in close situations, it's their judgment, not the fans. Booing and cheering is part of all sports. I have never seen a ref cry after a match! But for you to suggest fans should sit idle and simply provide accolades during an emotional sport like wrestling is irrational, fantasyland verbal garbage.

No I am not saying that, bu ow many times do you here of someone going up to a ref and saying" good job" all you hear is the negative and yes they do get paid, but 4 of the refs there took the time to come from west Virgina to do this tournament. All I am saying is do not give these guys a hard time till you lived a day in there shoes.

No I am not saying that, bu ow many times do you here of someone going up to a ref and saying" good job" all you hear is the negative and yes they do get paid, but 4 of the refs there took the time to come from west Virgina to do this tournament. All I am saying is do not give these guys a hard time till you lived a day in there shoes.

amen to that!

All i know is that i seems like every single tournament i have been too, the reffing has been horribly inconsistant and filled with bad calls. not even in high stakes matches where you pay attention to the calls most, i would just look around and see bad call after bad call after bad call. it seems that all the refs i have been watching are becoming very inconsistant and calling what is in my opinion a bad call. and #1 fan the points were not already awarded in the zarth match while martin was on his back. the points weren't awarded until zarth was on top and martin was on bottem, and they were in a funk position. neither one had control in my opinion. i actually booed at first because i thought he gave zarthj the takedown and he didnt have control but was on top, then i realized it went to martin and really hated the call.

Good calls, bad calls, questionable calls, close calls, wrong calls. Who cares. Just because we bash refs during close calls doesn't mean they are not respected. Of course being a ref is hard, of course people will cheer them, of course people tell them good job, of course people boo them, of course we complain about them.  On a close, questionable call the ref just made 50% fans mad and 50% happy. Amazingly, the refs keep coming back. Many are former wrestlers and being on the mat reffing the sport they love is what they want to do. The day I need to thank a ref for showing up to ref is the day I quit watching the sport. Ref because you love it baby, anything less, go home. Save this holier than though pandering for some sports besides wrestling. Wrestling is not for the weak-hearted or meek. That goes for fans, refs and wrestlers.

Talk about everything you want, but no one is taking about the winners, its amazing. John Hardin forfeited 4 weight class and they dominated thats wright dominated!!!  To be in reg 8 or 4 as a coach i would be???

Talk about everything you want, but no one is taking about the winners, its amazing. John Hardin forfeited 4 weight class and they dominated thats wright dominated!!!  To be in reg 8 or 4 as a coach i would be???

Frogman, it is winter and cold outside. Shouldn't you be estivating, lol? (look it up)

Frogman, it is winter and cold outside. Shouldn't you be estivating, lol? (look it up)

That was pretty good but lame.

You better keep your day job or you might be out in the cold with him. lol.

I didn't know JH forfeited 4 weight classes at the WCI.  I only thought it was 2.  I thought they forfeited 140 & 215.  What other weight class did they not have a wrestler compete?

IPEA,

Estivation - I think you may have it wrong, look it up!

Ah, very good. It depends on what "frog" resource you reference. Hibernation is usually for the winter and Estivation for the summer. Google  "frequently asked questions about frogs". This particular reference uses estivation as both winter and summer. I believe most frog nerds use the term estivation for frogs going into "torpor" in the winter, lol. Maybe we should ask Frogman, I am sure he or his parents know the answer, lol.

Ah, very good. It depends on what "frog" resource you reference. Hibernation is usually for the winter and Estivation for the summer. Google  "frequently asked questions about frogs". This particular reference uses estivation as both winter and summer. I believe most frog nerds use the term estivation for frogs going into "torpor" in the winter, lol. Maybe we should ask Frogman, I am sure he or his parents know the answer, lol.

www.learner.org/jnorth/search/FrogNotes3.html - 11k

better reference

I didn't know JH forfeited 4 weight classes at the WCI.  I only thought it was 2.  I thought they forfeited 140 & 215.  What other weight class did they not have a wrestler compete?

I believe on day 1 they forieted 145 and 215.

And on day 2 they forifited 135,145,215 and 285.

I believe on day 1 they forfeited 145 and 215.

And on day 2 they forifited 135,145,215 and 285.

sorry guys it's late and I obviously don't know how to spell forfeit.

Our 135 did not make weight and our HWT was not able to attend the second day.    It was a very good win for the team but it wasn't domination by any means.

I knew John Hardin looked tough, but they won the WCI? Wow. How did Woodford look overall. Been hearing their guys werent doing the weight assessment or something....Did they have all of their wrestlers at their weight they are going to wrestle for the regional tournament?