Sign in to follow this  
ScareCrow152

WCI

After watching the tournament tonight, I only have one question. Why isn't Isaac Ervin wrestling at 152. I don't believe he can beat either Peace or Courtney, but would dominate this very weak weight group and be a state champ this year as opposed to a 2nd or 3rd place finisher.

After watching the tournament tonight, I only have one question. Why isn't Isaac Ervin wrestling at 152. I don't believe he can beat either Peace or Courtney, but would dominate this very weak weight group and be a state champ this year as opposed to a 2nd or 3rd place finisher.

OK DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANY SCORES!!

Dakota Choate was a real disappointment tonight. Not because of his poor performance at this tournament, but because he was the ONLY wrestler who wouldn't go up and get his medal during the award ceremony. Yes, he was there, he sat right in front of me during the entire 152 medal presentation. I guess it is beneath a state runner up to bless the crowd with presence on the stand.

The 15-3 loss to Chad Scott was humiliating, but he only compounded the defeat with this kind of behavior.

I realize Dakota is a young man and made an error in judgement, but he needs to be told this is inappropriate and smacks disrespect to his opponents, the fans, and the sport of wrestling. I vividly remember Dakota accepting his silver medal last year at state along side of the 3rd and 4th place finishers.

1. James Badgette Bul Cen (#1 seed)

2. Someone from Westland OH

3. Zac Brown TC (#3 seed)

4. Nick Paden LaRue (#4 seed)

5. Robert Bracco Wood (#7 seed)

6. James Huffine Sou (#2 seed)

I believe Dakota Choate's 15-3 loss was to Trent Webb of John Hardin in the semi's; not Chad Scott.

Trent Webb beat Chad Scott 4-2 in the Finals.

Sorry Trent for not giving you credit. My confusing a John Hardin kid with a Woodford County kid could be considered an act of war by some, my apologies.

Matt Green beat Derek Nickel in OT

i knew he would get beat i was talking with easterns hwt yesterday at the tournment and i was saying that i didnt think he was gonna win the tournment and that i didnt think he was gonna win state this year

103 lbs Badgett over OHIO Westland Kid.--Badgett looked good

112 lbs Abdual Aghil over Alex Murphy.--Tough match

119 lbs Martin over Zarth--Refs had some questionable calls.  Never heard Refs get booed so loud at a tournament before.

125 lbs Gabe Supe over Jordan Murphy.  Hard fought battle. 

130 lbs Josh Johnson over Lucas Carmen.-Josh walked through tournament

140 lbs ?

152 lbs Trent Webb over Chad Scott.  Great match.  Trent won by 1 or 2 pts.

160 lbs Jeremiah Walls over ?

171 lbs Aaron Newsome over ?  Newsome looked good

189 lbs Ryan Houchens over Tates Creek.  Ryan would have been my MOW.  Pinned TC

215 lbs Matt Green over Derek Nickel

285 lbs Statten over ?  Both Heavys looked quick.  Great heavyweight match up.

103 lbs Badgett over OHIO Westland Kid.--Badgett looked good

112 lbs Abdual Aghil over Alex Murphy.--Tough match

119 lbs Martin over Zarth--Refs had some questionable calls.  Never heard Refs get booed so loud at a tournament before.

125 lbs Gabe Supe over Jordan Murphy.  Hard fought battle. 

130 lbs Josh Johnson over Lucas Carmen.-Josh walked through tournament

140 lbs ?

152 lbs Trent Webb over Chad Scott.  Great match.  Trent won by 1 or 2 pts.

160 lbs Jeremiah Walls over ?

171 lbs Aaron Newsome over ?  Newsome looked good

189 lbs Ryan Houchens over Tates Creek.  Ryan would have been my MOW.  Pinned TC

215 lbs Matt Green over Derek Nickel

285 lbs Statten over ?  Both Heavys looked quick.  Great heavyweight match up.

140 was wright from seneca and some one else wright lost

160 was jeremiah walls over the other wright from seneca

Guest 103GBM?

Huff the magic Trojan didn't win 103?  Wow.  I'm shocked.  He was my pick.

why you got to be an a**

why you got to be an a**

Because if I have to suffer through all of your posts.  You get to suffer through mine.

Off topic though.  I should stay Germaine to topic.  I will try harder to in the future.

1st off: Dakota Choate just came off of an injury and spent the past week doing what he could to get back in shape and lose quite a bit of weight. He could have owned that tourny and i'm pretty sure that upset him. He also had to wrestle a consolation finals match where the ref, I assume, had no idea what stalling was.

2nd: Nickle vs Green was a very good match. Nickle giving up quite a bit of size did very well and just made a mistake. I think this will be a huge finals match at state this year because that match didn't really prove anything conclusive as to who the better wrestler was.

3rd: I am actually a pretty big Elliot Martin fan but Matt Zarth is by far my favorite 119 to watch. He came in with a pretty hurt leg from what I was told and put up a valiant effort and got dealt some questionable calls. That was my favorite finals match.

Over all the tournament was great when it came to wrestling but there was definately some tension between some fans and refs but, then again, when isn't there.

Dakota Choate was a real disappointment tonight. Not because of his poor performance at this tournament, but because he was the ONLY wrestler who wouldn't go up and get his medal during the award ceremony. Yes, he was there, he sat right in front of me during the entire 152 medal presentation. I guess it is beneath a state runner up to bless the crowd with presence on the stand.

The 15-3 loss to Chad Scott was humiliating, but he only compounded the defeat with this kind of behavior.

I realize Dakota is a young man and made an error in judgement, but he needs to be told this is inappropriate and smacks disrespect to his opponents, the fans, and the sport of wrestling. I vividly remember Dakota accepting his silver medal last year at state along side of the 3rd and 4th place finishers.

Choate wasnt there for the finals, he received his medal early because he had to leave.  You must have confused another PRP wrestler who stayed for the finals. 

Before you trash a kid's character at least learn what he looks like!!