Sign in to follow this  
I-pinned-em-all

Who has the fastest pin in a state title match?

Sullivan -vs- Carr (2005)  58 seconds..

That was the first one that popped into my mind (along with Murton over Howard the same year).  It seemed a lot faster than that.

That was the first one that popped into my mind (along with Murton over Howard the same year).  It seemed a lot faster than that.

I would say sullivan and carr. You dont see too many pins period in a state finals match, let alone 58 seconds,thats a hard thing too acomplish with the two best wrestlers in the state.

Guest cmccoy

There was a guy...George? from Union County who has to be the quickest. It was in the mid 90's. Some body help me here. He pnned his weigh thorugh in like 3 minutes and was the MOW.

I know it what I am going to mention did not happen in a finals match but it happened at state though.  There were two guys from PRP that had the quickest pins in the state tournament a few years apart from each other.  They were like 4-8 secounds or something.  Maybe Hardin(hvy) and Moy or linker I don't remember.  I was wonder what the quickest pin in the state tournament history is?????  Anyone know? :?

This is something I wish the KHSAA had kept track of, I'm sure they have it packed away somewhere.

I also wonder what the quickest tech fall is.

2004 cody moy had a 7 second pin if im not mistaken if thats what ur talking about archibaldhumperdink

2004 Cody Moy (PRP 171) pinned Zachary Bray (WAYN)  5 Seconds

2005 Jason Hardin (PRP 215) pinned Kurt Waller (FERN)  10 Seconds

This is something I wish the KHSAA had kept track of, I'm sure they have it packed away somewhere.

I also wonder what the quickest tech fall is.

That would be somthing id like to know also. I know joe powers had a couple super quick tech-falls during season but not state. The kid had takedown after takedown.