Sign in to follow this  
punisher112xxx

Best Region

i dont know which region it is but definitely the one with the oldhams and eastern and fern creek without a doubt. and now seneca is supposedly moving into their region.

Region 5 is pretty good, but I always go with points scored at the state tournament.  Every region gets the opportunity to put their 4 best in the bracket at each weight and has the same opportunity to score points.  Using that method, Region 7 has been the toughest the last few seasons.

Region 5 is pretty good, but I always go with points scored at the state tournament.  Every region gets the opportunity to put their 4 best in the bracket at each weight and has the same opportunity to score points.  Using that method, Region 7 has been the toughest the last few seasons.

i agree, because we always have a bunch of state placers from our region.

and besides, for winning we have south oldham, and now maybe seneca (i hope not!!!)

so this region is pretty stacked full of really good teams

Ranger, I sent you an analysis I did right after the state meet of regional strength right after the tournament. It shows 5 was the toughest last year. Follwed by 7,2,4,6,8,1,3.

you kno what i have alot of love for my region so im going to say region 3

Hey Be-Bop,

As a guy who grew up in the the South End, I have a lotta love you guys.  But right now Region #3 is still lagging behind.  However, I do believe that you guys are turning the corner and will start making a strong presence know within the next couple of years.  Someone needs to step up and get some more middle school wrestlers involved, I think there were only five or six kids from the south end that participated at Middle School Regionals last year.  It hard for you guys to compete at State because your always giving up two or three of experience.  Sometimes I wish I stilled live out there so I could get schools like Conway and Stuart (I went To Stuart) to start some kind of program.  Keep working hard and keep that chip on your shoulder, because I know you guys feel like you have something to prove. 

You can take a boy out of the South End, but you can't take the South End out of the boy.

You have to go with 7 here, look at the teams from that region in the top 20 last year, i believe there was at least 3 or 4. With woodford only points behind from winning it. I am not making excuses for them but if butler did not get hurt in regions they would have won state last. An now you have Dunbar, who beat woodford a couple times last. The right after them you have Harrison co. Who has 2 studs in Ashbrook and Sanders, with a pretty solid team filling in. And Lafayette is close behind them. This regions top 4 against any other regions top 4 would just do work on them. In just about every wieght class this region has someone in the top three if not higher

I guess it depends on what you mean by best region.  If it is in the last couple years it would have to be region 7.  However since the state has expanded to a 32 man bracket I believe the title would have to go to region 6.  They use to dominate just as much as region 7 is now. 

Anyone who would like to see the statistical analysis of last year's state meet that shows region5 as the best, e-mail me. I'm not smart enough to attach a file to this post.

tilt for 3,

I would be curious to know of the top teams the number of wins at state and the number of pins.

I think that Union had the highest number of wins and I think you will find they had a good number of pins too.

This years state tourney was very close and I think the number of pins was more a deciding factor than the number of wins. Just curious to know if this is true or not.

I expect another very close state tourney this year!

tilt for 3,

I would be curious to know of the top teams the number of wins at state and the number of pins.

I think that Union had the highest number of wins and I think you will find they had a good number of pins too.

This years state tourney was very close and I think the number of pins was more a deciding factor than the number of wins. Just curious to know if this is true or not.

I expect another very close state tourney this year!

Union county had 17 pins

Jarvis Elam- 1 pin

Adam Carr- 2 pins

Aaron carr- 0 pins

Jake Wempe- 3 pins

Isaac Ervin- 1 pin

Luke Ervin- 0 pins

Carson Chambliss- 0 pins

Josh Willett- 0 pins

Mitch Ervin- 3 pins

Jarrad Burke- 2 pins

Diante Wright- 4 pins

Levi Griggs- 1 pin

PINS

103 Cody Wood Record: 2- 2                                      1

112 Terrence Demery Record: 4- 2 4th Place                1

125 John King Record: 1- 2                                        1

130 Matt Eck Record: 4- 1 2nd Place                            0

135 Johnivon Oggs Record: 5- 2 7th Place                    2

140 Jerry Ledford Record: 2- 2                                    1

160 Ty Wolfe Record: 4- 2 4th Place                            2

171 Marcell Haynes Record: 2- 2                                1

189 Mark Jones Record: 4- 1 2nd Place                        3

215 Matt Baker Record: 3- 2                                      2

285 Matthew Ballinge Record: 3- 2                              3

_____

I don't think you can touch region last year look what they did at state:

103: Johnson, Lafayette 5th

112: Voth, Dunbar 3rd; Fraser, Montgomery Co. 5th

119: Zarth, Henry Clay 1st; Parks, Woodford Co. 5th

125: Voth, Dunbar 1st

130: Speck, Lafayette 8th

135: Ashbrook, Harrison Co. 2nd

140: Mohammad, Tates Creek 6th

145: Courtney, Woodford Co. 1st; Sanders, Harrison Co. 2nd

152: Sheehan, Woodford Co. 4th

160: Ward, Harrison Co. 5th

171: Likoy, Dunbar 4th

189: Starks, Woodford Co. 1st

215: Green, Lafayette 3rd; Winters Dunbar 7th

285: Byrd, Woodford Co. 1st

Teams

Woodford 2nd

Dunbar 8th

Harrison Co tie 13th

Lafayette 15th

So you have someone place in every weight class with 4 teams in the TOP 15.