Sign in to follow this  
thegreatgatsby

Total Domination

Great topic.  Lakewood St. Eds in Ohio a few years back had a champion in every weight class at their District tournament i believe.  it was their 2nd level of qualifying for state.  I believe in Ohio, it goes Sectionals, Districts, State.  Well they had a champ in all 14 weight classes in the 2nd level.  It's the first time it's ever been done in Ohio. 

In 99 Woodford had 13 district finalists and 10 region finalists.  Pretty close.  It would be a huge feat to accomplish, the ultimate defintion of domination. In fact, I bet over the yrs. Woodford has gotten closer than that.

I would be surprised if this has happened unless in a regional or district tourney. 

If a team is that dominating in a particular tourney, they probably would not have gone to that tourney in the 1st place.  They would have found a more competitive tournament to attend.

Coaches don't like that type of total domination.  They want their kids to be pushed to the limit.  This is why the top teams in the state attend the tough tournaments in Ky and in the surrounding states.

In the early 90's when Ed Hamilton coached the first Crosby Middle(eastern) team they went to a middle school tourny in floyd central and won every weight all the way until the heavyweight match where their heavyweight lost in the finals

I think a couple years ago Brandon High School in florida had like 12 state finalist and 10 won. Needless to say they won state hands down!!

at the jv level at the campbell county tournament Saint X took two jv teams, had 10 finals that were stx vs stx and won 13 weight classes they won both first and second

at the jv level at the campbell county tournament Saint X took two jv teams, had 10 finals that were stx vs stx and won 13 weight classes they won both first and second

Was that this past year? 

If I remember correctly, I think Union went to the Ft. Campbell tourney back in the early 90's and

put maybe 14 kids in the finals. That included 11 varsity kids and 3 jv kids. Not definite on the numbers but it was very close to that. had to be around 92 or 93.

I would be surprised if this has happened unless in a regional or district tourney. 

If a team is that dominating in a particular tourney, they probably would not have gone to that tourney in the 1st place.  They would have found a more competitive tournament to attend.

Coaches don't like that type of total domination.  They want their kids to be pushed to the limit.  This is why the top teams in the state attend the tough tournaments in Ky and in the surrounding states.

I see exactly what your saying. I love the way you put it too. For example It would be ridiculous if woodford county or Larue county came to the Horsepower Inv.(southern,moore,prp,corydon,valley...etc). They would Dominate.

Guest wrestler92

But at that tourney you wouldn't notice it really because it is a team pool tournament and not an individual one.  first place team would be first place overall and happens at those type of tournaments. 

I see exactly what your saying. I love the way you put it too. For example It would be ridiculous if woodford county or Larue county came to the Horsepower Inv.(southern,moore,prp,corydon,valley...etc). They would Dominate.

Granted it is only District...but I believe in 1995 SCHS had 12 wrestlers enter the tournament and 11 of them won District.

I know Parkersburg South in WV had a lot of wrestlers in the finals of the state tournament not too many years ago.....I would have to look it up to know what year. It was not all of them, but...a lot.