Sign in to follow this  
prwrestler13008

Next year stand-outs??

i personally didnt like how he gave up at state....but whatever the case i think he will win whatever weight hes at next year because he has to prove a point to everyone that he is the top contender!

coty didnt give up at state, he had a tough draw to be in the wrestling condition he was in. if you ask me, even in fairly good condition, shoulder ankle, conditioning, whatever his case may have been, it would have been ahdr for him to place this year. he would of had to of beaten some tough kids to have placed high this year. i just dont think he had it in him, or had the motivation after that first match. maybe next year he can get it together and come back stronger than ever.

I cant believe that theres nothin on here about Derek Nickel! He only DOMINATED the whole entire state and will definitely repeat next year! I think he'll go undefeated ALL YEAR! Yup you heard it here first!

Coty Lewis has been in the finals three times and won the tournament once. I wouldn't say he has anything to prove, but he does need a gut check. I'm really hoping he'll come back next year in top shape. I've always thought he was one of the most exciting wrestlers in the state when he's on his "A" game.

Coty Lewis has been in the finals three times and won the tournament once. I wouldn't say he has anything to prove, but he does need a gut check. I'm really hoping he'll come back next year in top shape. I've always thought he was one of the most exciting wrestlers in the state when he's on his "A" game.

Very well put, I think that's what I was trying to say.  I agree, he's very exciting, maybe that's why I haven't given up on the boy.

I think what thelowseed is trying to say is that Coty wants to prove that he is the best wrestler in his weight.  He's not saying that he HAS to prove anything to anyone.  He's trying to say he WANTS to prove it to everyone.  Coty will want to prove that this year was just a bad year, not a downward trend for the rest of his wrestling career.

Top competitors by weight class for next year.  Based mainly off from their styles, competitiveness, and my wild guess as to where their weights will be.  If only one is listed, I did'nt see anyone else that looked like they could make a run for it with that guy in the weight class.

Top competitors by weight class for next year.  Based mainly off from their styles, competitiveness, and my wild guess as to where their weights will be.  If only one is listed, I did'nt see anyone else that looked like they could make a run for it with that guy in the weight class.

I think Cole Proctor from S. Oldham will show us a lot in the next few years. He went to state as an 8th grader this year at 135. Usually when you see 8th graders in the State Tournament it's at 103 or 112.

Proctor had to beat some good wrestlers in order to make it to state including a senior that was ranked 4th in state. He has improved a lot since 7th grade and I expect he will be working hard to improve by next year!

Robert Geralds from Christian County was an 8th grader who made it to state also at 135. Funny thing is Geralds is a natural 125 pounder, he is something to look out for in the future.

Elliot Martin is going up to 112

Wow, I had heard that he was on growth hormones just to weigh 103.  Will he be able to gain that much?  That opens up a lot at 103 as I am sure most of the wrestlers there were dropping some weight and will no longer be able to make it next season.

Robert Geralds from Christian County was an 8th grader who made it to state also at 135. Funny thing is Geralds is a natural 125 pounder, he is something to look out for in the future.

He would have to improve quite a bit, he went 0-2 at middle and high school state

You can beat that Jaime Pile (145) Nelson County will be up there again. This was only Jamies second year and he placed 6th. He made it to state last year only to go two and out as a freshman. This year he was a sophomore this year, and will be up there in the years to come.

Tanen Roe from mccreary central should stand out he was ranked 5th at 189 before he messed his knee up...Luke Troxell will only be an 8th grader and he went 2-2 at state this year as a 7th grader he will stand out as well

Watch out for the john hardin light - midwieght quad of Josh Johnson, Kirby Goodwine, Jordan Murphy, and Isaac Rojas, these guess were only freshman this year and were all ranked

[ the only reason john hardin had so many to place at state was the luck of the draw they wrestled nobodys i think if they get tough draws next year most of them will go 0-2/quote]

I'll  put Matt Slone from SC high on the list.  He finished 4th at 125 and he's only a freshman.  He placed 3rd at 103 in middle school.  Should be  5 time all state,  hopefully with a few state championships.

Did everybody forget that Derrick Nickel won state or what? :? Nickel is going to repeat next year i guarantee it!

sorry but i think that 215 was very weak nickel dont look or act like a state champ and if you think he will luck out 2 years in a row you are sadley very wrong. i think sc adam dials will be a man beast the only reason he lost this year was because just got meesed up he will come back next season and fix his mess ups and kick the crap out of everyone at 215

sorry but i think that 215 was very weak nickel dont look or act like a state champ and if you think he will luck out 2 years in a row you are sadley very wrong. i think sc adam dials will be a man beast the only reason he lost this year was because just got meesed up he will come back next season and fix his mess ups and kick the crap out of everyone at 215