Sign in to follow this  
tiltfor3

Barry Davis resigns

Will Alvarez  give Kyle Ruschell a shot? I mean he's been assistant for quite a while now. Pat Popolizo at NC State is due for a promotion. (I think everyone is waiting for John Smith to retire.) Who else would they get?  

• Upvote 1

I would hope so, if  not whoever come in should give him a shot on staff.

As for Pat, I feel he has it pretty good at NC state. A bit of a fringe program, but he has the opportunity to do big things in the acc, without the pressures of Penn State, TOSU and Iowa. 

Is Smith expected to retire?  I haven't followed Okla St that closely, especially in that regard, but he's just in his early fifties I believe.

17 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Is Smith expected to retire?  I haven't followed Okla St that closely, especially in that regard, but he's just in his early fifties I believe.

I can't see Smith retiring for at least another 2 years. His son will be a junior next year. 

I know Campbell didn't do great this season but eventually Kolat has to make the jump up to the big schools right? Wisc should give him a look.

Love Barry Davis. His personality is second to none. Sure hope Kyle gets the opportunity to step up as head coach. He has more than earned his shot! Best of luck Kyle! 

7 hours ago, CradleKY said:

I know Campbell didn't do great this season but eventually Kolat has to make the jump up to the big schools right? Wisc should give him a look.

Kolat is a phenomenal technician and teacher of the sport. However, he will never be a head coach in a major conference. 

Davis is a class act. Great coach and even a better man. He has done well at Wisconsin and I wish him the best.

Really hope they give Kyle Ruschell the opportunity. He deserves it. Kyle has always carried himself very professional and it seems like the wrestlers up there really connect with him. Would love to see Louisville start a program and Kyle get that job. Not so sure Louisville is still interested in adding wrestling to their sports programs. But Kyle for sure should get the job at Wisconsin! 

15 hours ago, Nkawtg said:

Kolat is a phenomenal technician and teacher of the sport. However, he will never be a head coach in a major conference. 

why?

Hate to see Davis leave, but the program has skidded in recent years and it may be time for a change. Poolizio isn’t going anywhere. He has a good thing going. ACC wrestling seems to be on the rise.