Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2017/2018 - DECEMBER 7

Not too much to say, but heading into one of the best in-state tournaments of the year, here is a quick update.  Still a lot of updates to make as fat tests are finally getting posted and we are seeing kids on the mat to confirm what the test results are suggesting to us.

A few notes on the Raider Rumble.  Not all of these kids will be there or in the "right" weight class, but based on rankings as of this post, this event will feature (based on their team attending):

- 8 (57%) Kentucky #1 ranked wrestlers

- 16 (57%) Kentucky Top-2 ranked wrestlers

- 24 (57%) Kentucky Top-3 ranked wrestlers

- 30 (54%) Kentucky Top-4 ranked wrestlers

That doesn't count the Moeller, Elder, Princeton, Colerain kids.  As usual, this weekend will tell us a lot about where the top kids stand early in this season.

Rankings_17_18_1207.pdf

Dang it.  Just scanning over some things and realized our first late night rankings update let a few things slide.  There are a couple weights with two kids from the same team.  That's what happens when old guys try to adjust lineups after 1 in the morning.  I won't update them at this point, but will correct it when we put out the next version next week.

3 hours ago, REscalera said:

Must admit it's a bit weird not seeing Wallace in that 1 spot.  

Yes it is. But I'm sure he will get back to work on changing that. Little Deck is tough though so I'm sure it will be a battle come February. 

Not that it matters as these are fun to look at but I just watched Nathan Prosser from mccreary at 220 beat the number 5 ranked kid R. J. Bois from Anderson pretty handily. I can’t remeber the score but it seems like it was 7-1 or something but he did beat him

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Storck has consistently beaten Deck in 2 separate scrimmages this season. He went 26 the other night at the Henry Clay/Ryle/MadisonCentral duals. Pinned the Ryle wrestler and teched the MC wrestler 15-0. He’ll go 22 after Christmas as he has planned.  

4 minutes ago, matreturn said:

Rumors going around about some ranked kids not wrestling this season in region 2. Wallace, Garcia, Jones?

Insko?

4 hours ago, DrBaker said:

Storck will have a shot at Deck tomo at 120.

Wrong. Storck wrestles 26 tomorrow. He’s also beaten Deck 4 times straight at 2 scrimmages in the last couple weeks. I guess you missed that part up there. He will go 22 after Christmas. I feel pretty confident T. Deck is going to 15 after Christmas. 

54 minutes ago, DevilDad said:

Wrong. Storck wrestles 26 tomorrow. He’s also beaten Deck 4 times straight at 2 scrimmages in the last couple weeks. I guess you missed that part up there. He will go 22 after Christmas. I feel pretty confident T. Deck is going to 15 after Christmas. 

Guess since he has “beaten” him a few times now you should have had him bump up to wrestle big brother this past Wednesday. But you didn’t....

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Nike Man said:

Guess since he has “beaten” him a few times now you should have had him bump up to wrestle big brother this past Wednesday. But you didn’t....

Lol now with all those likes ya got up there I’m sure you’ve heard of the descent plan lol. Oh and Storck has beaten the older boy as well in scrimmages. 

11 minutes ago, Nike Man said:

And I’m just his dad. I don’t have any say on what weight class or who he wrestles. 

Lol. I know all about decent plans. Rough stuff. Just making the argument that tough competition can always be found, if you want to find it. Nothing at all against your son, he’s a hell of a wrestler.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Nike Man said:

Lol. I know all about decent plans. Rough stuff. Just making the argument that tough competition can always be found, if you want to find it. Nothing at all against your son, he’s a hell of a wrestler.

Thank you. Wish I could have stayed out of trouble and wrestled growing up. I’m so proud of him on and off the mat. Garrison beats on him M-F so it’s all good. 

Always good to take some good butt kickings. I seeked them out every time I could. I was in and out of the room way back in the day when the elder Coach Headly did some beating of his own. Good times man. Good luck this season.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DevilDad said:

And I’m just his dad. I don’t have any say on what weight class or who he wrestles. 

I said that he'd have a shot. Not our fault that he didn't take it. 

6 hours ago, DrBaker said:

I said that he'd have a shot. Not our fault that he didn't take it. 

I guess you’ve missed the scrimmages. Had you been there you would have seen Storck beat Thomas over and over. He’s a scrappy kid.   Thomas might have a shot at Tyler today. We’ll see. Who’s your kid or do you have a wrestler? I’d like to watch his match. 

12 hours ago, DevilDad said:

I guess you’ve missed the scrimmages. Had you been there you would have seen Storck beat Thomas over and over. He’s a scrappy kid.   Thomas might have a shot at Tyler today. We’ll see. Who’s your kid or do you have a wrestler? I’d like to watch his match. 

Dr.Baker's wrestlers/kids are all the Union County wrestlers from youth to high school! Make sure you watch their matches, especially in Lexington!

My son wrestled Mulcahy at 182 last weekend at WV and Blanton from Harrison Co. yesterday at Central.  Got beaten by both, says its a crap shoot for who is better, Mulcahy he says is stronger, Blanton quicker. Blanton set up a nice splaedle on him midway through first round, and also handled #6 Chandler from Male easily. Also, just for your board, 120 #10 Marquelle McDaniel re-injured his shoulder in a playoff football game and is out at least until February, and 195 #25 Chambers for Bardstown is sitting out this season.