Sign in to follow this  
coachteater

State Tournament Time Table

48 minutes ago, coachteater said:

Is the 3rd round champ on Friday different this year? 

This rd was on Saturday morning in the past. Friday will go later now, so that finals will start earlier

Looks like they've FINALLY got the schedule right!

Now all they need to do is have the awards ceremony after the following finals match instead of immediately after.  It wouldn't take any more time to do it that way, right?

Looks like it may be all over with by 8:00. 

Start 3:30

30 minutes for awards = 4:00

Equivalent of 3 duals on 6 mats. A good dual lasts 2 hours therfore 1 hour for 3rd,5th,7th= 5:00

30 minutes to announce finalists = 5:30

Finals 2 hours = 7:30

30 minutes for awards = 8:00

I say we delay the Podium by one match, this allows the loser to calm down and gather themselves. Nothing like losing the big one and getting put on Podium immediately afterwards. Hoping for Spot Light Face off! 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Irish Wrestler said:

When we were at the Dungeon in Frankfort the semi-finals were always on Saturday morning and that gives time for the boys to get their minds ready.

That 3 day grind and the intense atmosphere is the stuff of memories now

Just now, GranbyMaster said:

So basically if you make it to the second day you place? Pressures on for those wrestlers that preform better the second day.

Well not exactly if you're only in third round consi to start the day

4 minutes ago, GranbyMaster said:

Why do 3rd rounds of championships but not 3rd round of consis?

Then friday would be way later. With the new setup we should get out at a decent time on friday, but not too early. If we did 3rd rd con, it would be late on friday. This should work out very well. 

Aww c'mon DS.  They had that big scoreboard in the center that would come down during the finals. 

And it was so cool that we could see all the students still attending school at Atherton on Friday. 

Excuse my ignorance here and if it's already been answered I'm sorry for asking again.  Can tickets be purchased online or anywhere other than at the door?  

1 minute ago, REscalera said:

Excuse my ignorance here and if it's already been answered I'm sorry for asking again.  Can tickets be purchased online or anywhere other than at the door?  

Looks like they will be on Eventbrite when released. There are URLs on KHSAA.org