Sign in to follow this  
DrBaker

Who is poised to upset some people at state?

2 minutes ago, CradleKY said:

A kid that hasn't appeared in a Ranger ranking the last several months to really watch out for: Tylan Tucker ;)

Is he Woodford's varsity 120 now? I'd say he has shot at placing if so. Tough kid. 

3 hours ago, DevilDad said:

Looks like an old fashioned Yost/Tucker wrestle off. Any speculation how this will affect Woodford's 120/26/32???

Someones not going to be happy...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, wrastler_ said:

I would think

120 yost

126 Tucker 

132 andrioni/cardwell 

Agreed. We'll have to wait and see.  If it's handled correctly this is not a bad problem to have. I know back in Woodford's hay-day the younger backups often times would've placed top 6 at state behind a kid that was a top 3 placer.  I can think of at least one two time state champ who wasn't varsity until his junior year.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, not a bad problem to have at all. Just hope the young kids understand that their time will come and they need to take full opportunity of it. Hard to keep kids motivated if they feel like they should be the ones representing the weight when they keep getting beat by upper classmen.

• Upvote 1

I don't know which instance he would be talking about but I think you would handle it correctly Coach Parks. Always had a lot of respect for you at Woodford. Good luck to you guys

On Thu Feb 02 2017 at 8:38 AM, CradleKY said:

Agreed. We'll have to wait and see.  If it's handled correctly this is not a bad problem to have. I know back in Woodford's hay-day the younger backups often times would've placed top 6 at state behind a kid that was a top 3 placer.  I can think of at least one two time state champ who wasn't varsity until his junior year.

Tyler Baldwin in 01 and 02

195 Grover Russell from Central has the potential to make noise at state.

195 from Valley is very athletic and I could see him knocking some kids off.

106- Scotty Villums from Male and Marquelle McDaniel from Central

120- To many good matches to call this weight.

It looks like Matt Mills from Sheldon Clark has nice wins over some top guys at 120. But that weight class is a meat grinder so who knows where the kids will end up.

I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Ryan McManus from Madison Central compete for the title at 145!

According to the region 7 brackets, Nathan Prosser from McCreary Central has dropped down to 170. I am interested to see how he stacks up against the top guys at that weight class. 

Good luck to all wrestlers this weekend and state tournament weekend. Hopefully everyone remains healthy!

Every kid who wins will upset some mommas in the Stands and the girlfriends of the losers they are beating as well as  the guys setting in the  chairs across from their coaches .