Sign in to follow this  
FalconWrestling

Region 1 Rankings 12/31

18 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Nikolao looked like he got hurt again. Hope it's not that bad knee 

From what I've been told he should be fine, they decided to not wrestle the finals as a precaution for the knee.

Was talking about David last night and the person I was talking to agreed with me that David has a good shot at the state title if he stays healthy

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FalconWrestling said:

From what I've been told he should be fine, they decided to not wrestle the finals as a precaution for the knee.

Was talking about David last night and the person I was talking to agreed with me that David has a good shot at the state title if he stays healthy

Spoke with some folks from Caldwell and Union today, who were there yesterday. Nikolao barely pulled off a win against Snyder from Union. So a healthy Nikolao may be lucky to get a Region title. If he places at state it will be a surprise. If his knee is that bad he might want to stay off the mat. The top guys in the state are not going to concern themselves with his obvious injury. From what I saw at the Christian County Tournament he uses his size to win not much technique. When he matches up with someone his size that knee will become the stumbling block. Sounds like a great young man but with that knee issue this may be another season the stay off the mat. Watched him last year prior to his injury and then he did have a legitimate shot at a title. I wish him the best and pray no further damage falls upon the young man this season. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I found the list    :

REGION 1 – Caldwell County, Calloway County, Christian County, Fort Campbell, Fulton City, Graves County, Hopkinsville, Mayfield, McCracken County, Ohio County, Paducah Tilghman, Todd County Central, Trigg County, Union County, University Heights

12 minutes ago, FalconWrestling said:

Have there been enough inter-region results to warrant an update?

Also Daviess County, Apollo, and Owensboro got switched from region 1 to region 2 in I think 2012.

Has Fulton City ever had a program?

Fulton City is a new program this year. Chad Fyffe is the coach. He moved down there this year, he recently was an asst at madison central and had wrestled at Woodford and franklin co

Finally got to watch the finals from the Father Ryan tournament. It is obvious why Union dominates where ever they go. Bradley Central edged them out but not without a fight. It would be fun to see Bradley Central and Union head to head. Escalera is fun to watch! The young guns for Union are already showing what the future holds for the team. Then you have Sheffer, Buckman and Saul leading them to the finish lines of their high school career. Sheffer made the finals look way to easy. With so many teams dropping out I am sure many of the final matches would have been more exciting. The teams from KY made a good showing on the day which was great to hear. 

15 minutes ago, WKY Wrestling Fan said:

Not meaning to rush Or bother you, just wondering when new ranking will be out?

I was joking with Christian County about this just this past weekend. I'll see what I can do. If we're lucky something by the end of this week

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If true thats very unfortunate truly one of our best young wrestlers and had a very solid shot at competing for a State title this year..

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, opinional_start said:

BIG UPSET last night I heard!!! Spoke to my McCracken folks this morning and it looks like #17 Kestin McClain major decision #4 Louie Regalado last night. I guess McClain will get some deserved respect now.

I'd say he is a dangerous kid to wrestle 

I mean he was ranked 3rd at his weight behind a 3x state champ and then another highly regarded wrestler. That's a good win for him so I assume he will move to 2nd behind sheffer but let's not act like he was ranked 8th or unranked. Kid wasn't being disrespected. 

1 hour ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

I mean he was ranked 3rd at his weight behind a 3x state champ and then another highly regarded wrestler. That's a good win for him so I assume he will move to 2nd behind sheffer but let's not act like he was ranked 8th or unranked. Kid wasn't being disrespected. 

Regalado was #4 in the state on Ranger's last rankings - McClain #17. So within the region, you're right. But on a state level, a much bigger upset than that. I get what you're saying though - most everyone realizes that McClain is a good wrestler.

Yeah he should on the state level get more respect but sometimes it's best to show up and knock off some "higher" ranked guys as an unknown. Falcon mentioned he could be a top 4 in state in the rankings. That's good praise. Look forward to it. Good job to McClain. Big win.