CUTiger184

State Duals

A bit off topic but , why is it that Campbellsville every year is ranked higher than Lindsey Wilson yet always end up losing to them when they dual ??

not being a jerk or potstirrer at all it just seems that every year about this time Campbellsville is ranked higher than Lindsey Then Lindsey beats them in a close one ,

I don't think that's necessarily the truth I actually thought Lindsey has placed Higher than Campbellsville at nationals most of the time over the last few years but I could be wrong ,again I know they are both good in NAIA and good period and it's always close between them 

Seems Lindsey gets dissed a bit throughout the year then outperforms it's ranking ,I do understand and know the rules are different and they can pick up guys  certain times of the year after the season has started and that changes things .

Also it would be neat or I wonder if either will move to D3 or D2 ever Notre Dame Ohio was very good NAIA and switched and used the rules to very much help create a powerhouse team Ruff seems very adept at recruiting and using rules to his and the teams advantage I would think Lindsey could make the switch and be successful at least to get a great start .

I'm not able to follow Blue Raider Wrestling very closely; how is Stephan Myers doing? Haven't heard anything about him in a while. 

Union's Results from State Duals:

Round 1: Union 71, Sheldon Clark 6

Round 2: Union 78, Boyle County 3

Round 3: Union 57, Walton Verona 10

Finals: Union 48, North Oldham 24

Undefeated wrestlers on the day:

106- Zeke Escalara (defeated #6 Roth), 120- Saul Ervin (defeated #2 Moore and #6 Oschenbein), 126- Bryce Sheffer, 132- Micah Ervin, 138- Chance Oxford, 145- Jackson Oxford (pinned #3 Smith in first period), 170- Avery Buckman, 195- Ross Hicks. 

11 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Union's Results from State Duals:

Round 1: Union 71, Sheldon Clark 6

Round 2: Union 78, Boyle County 3

Round 3: Union 57, Walton Verona 10

Finals: Union 48, North Oldham 24

Undefeated wrestlers on the day:

106- Zeke Escalara (defeated #6 Roth), 120- Saul Ervin (defeated #2 Moore and #6 Oschenbein), 126- Bryce Sheffer, 132- Micah Ervin, 138- Chance Oxford, 145- Jackson Oxford (pinned #3 Smith in first period), 170- Avery Buckman, 195- Ross Hicks. 

Dual with North Oldham was 48-27. That dual had 11 pins total. Union had 7 and North had 4. 

It was an exciting matchup to watch. My son said that North had a good team but Union had a really good team. He was satisfied that they gave it their all but in the end the better team won.

North Oldham would have to be crazy to think they would beat Union.  Yes they have some good wrestlers, but they definitely don't have the caliber wrestlers that Union has.  In my opinion , NO's wrestlers are out of shape too.  Their coach constantly has to run to the scorers table to question a call or the score so his boys can get a breather.  I have witnessed this on several occasions when watching NO wrestle.  Union wasn't the better team there...they were the best team that day.  Go ahead and bash away, but this is my opinion.  :ph34r: 

• Downvote 6

Irish wrestler , I don't understand where your hostility is coming from but I didn't see where anyone was bashing Union. They had a very good team and won because of that. It is taking everything I have to be civil to you so I wouldn't push it.

• Upvote 2

So what you're saying is that North Oldhams out of shape wrestlers were outmatched at every weight by Unions wrestlers and they were just lucky to get to share the mat with them that day.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Irish Wrestler said:

North Oldham would have to be crazy to think they would beat Union.  Yes they have some good wrestlers, but they definitely don't have the caliber wrestlers that Union has.  In my opinion , NO's wrestlers are out of shape too.  Their coach constantly has to run to the scorers table to question a call or the score so his boys can get a breather.  I have witnessed this on several occasions when watching NO wrestle.  Union wasn't the better team there...they were the best team that day.  Go ahead and bash away, but this is my opinion.  :ph34r: 

If everything was decided on paper then let's all just go home and not even wrestle a state tournament. Let me save $10 and avoid the Coke and hot dog. Any team can have an off day. You know what they say about opinions...

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, 385 said:

If everything was decided on paper then let's all just go home and not even wrestle a state tournament. Let me save $10 and avoid the Coke and hot dog. Any team can have an off day. You know what they say about opinions...

I wish it was just $10! Lol!!! 

I can't believe state is less than 3 weeks away..

• Upvote 1

I don't know who this guy is who posted but i know he doesn't represent the people from Union. I talked to several parents and wrestlers before and after the match and all were super nice. This was my first time to attend the state duals and I had a really good time talking to a lot of the families from all the different teams. Hopefully I'll see a lot of them at state this year.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Irish Wrestler said:

NO went into the finals at the State Duals to win it and wrestled their butts off. I can assure you there were multiple teams at the State Duals that contain wrestlers that equal the same caliber as Union. NO in fact tied with OC at the Super Duals with OC winning by criteria. I can tell you none of those wrestlers would begin to say NO wrestlers are out of shape and who won the Big School, that's right OC! For you to get on a public forum and insult a team of great wrestlers that have busted their A$$ to get where they are really shows your small mindedness. Just an FYI most men want to have a big tool not BE a big TOOL!!!