Ranger123

Big Announcement is here

Again the question was last year. And as far as I know ETC is just 3 days a week which is not sufficient according to your earlier comment. And we only make it twice a week so if that is hitting it hard yes he did. And I'm pretty sure Decesare and most of the kids you listed have done that much and more. 

Love the idea of a preseason all star exhibition. Great for the sport.  The kids who chose to compete will also be much better for it come mid-season, win or lose. I can't imagine telling a kid that was chosen for the All-Star lineup to skip it because he isn't in top form yet and might lose a meaningless match. Makes zero sense. You can get hurt any day, even off the mat. When an opportunity arises to challenge yourself and go hard for 6 minutes with a top guy in or near your weight class you jump at that chance. That is what champions do.

• Upvote 2

Lets see if this works.  Hopefully we can continue to talk about pro's of this tournament and not the con's.

Once again thank you for all the support from multiple people around the state.

L_9_8_Kentucky All Star Classic_Singlet_2-57mro.jpg.jpeg

L_9_8_Kentucky All Star Classic_Singlet_1-vtc09.jpg.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I know me and my son are super excited to see the match ups. Almost his entire wrestling team will be attending. This is going to be a great opportunity for these boys to see what awaits for them and if anything will hopefully entice them to train/practice even harder. I do not see how anyone cannot see this as a positive prestart to the season.  Thanks to all those who have set this up. We have to start somewhere to showcase KY HS Wrestling talent, why not here.

I know me and my son are super excited to see the match ups. Almost his entire wrestling team will be attending. This is going to be a great opportunity for these boys to see what awaits for them and if anything will hopefully entice them to train/practice even harder. I do not see how anyone cannot see this as a positive prestart to the season.  Thanks to all those who have set this up. We have to start somewhere to showcase KY HS Wrestling talent, why not here.

Thats awesome!!!  Our hope is that we will have a full house in attendance.  Hopefully we can get more teams to come.  I would love to see as many youth teams in attendance as possible.  I know when my son was a youth wrestler he really looked up to these high school wrestlers.

OK I'm sorry.  Are you kidding me? 

How can someone complain about someone holding an event for wrestling.  I don't care if the #s 9 and 10 were wrestling in the event.  It's still a wrestling event.  We are wrestlers, we know its different than most other sports.  How many pick up wrestling matches do you see when you drive down the streets of a community?  You see pick up basketball, football, baseball, even volleyball games.  Heck for that matter, corn hole games.  

Now don't get me wrong.  I'm not a big fan of year round competition.  I believe it is what is killing our sport along with all the other sports (but that's another argument). I also will not be attending the event. To far for me to travel.  (If it's over 45 minutes its to far for me to travel).  

That does not mean that it is not a great event.  I think it is wonderful that these kids and adults are getting together to help promote wrestling.  We need more of these events.  We need more open practice rooms in the off season (There is not one in Nky).  I say open so that kids can come whenever and how often they can or want to.  (once again another argument). You can't claim it's not a good event because Ervin or Frankrone is not there.  I guess it was not a state finals last year since D. Lampe was not there. 

So lets look at this for what it really is.  An opportunity for fans and wrestlers alike to get together and see some good competitive wrestling.  Will it be as exciting as the state finals?  I hope not.  This is a pre-season event or All star event.  Neither of which should or will be taken seriously.  Go to the event if you can and have fun seeing some of our best wrestlers in the state compete.  Eat a hot dog, buy a shirt laugh, cheer and have fun.  After the event is over get together with some of the wrestling people you have not seen since the state tourney. 

I think this quote is needed again. 

These are the opinions of GOO.  Nothing more and nothing less.  You can take them or ignore them.  In the grand scope of things it really does not matter.  

GOO OUT. 

Come on goo catch a ride down with someone. You are our resident wrestling historian. You should be there. 

As for open rooms we've had workouts going since May often with more kids outside our team than in participating.  It's not super close for you guys but we are in n ky. 

Thanks for your perspective. 

Funny how people just pick small things out of a post to try and turn things ..well negative.. If i am not mistaken i said the tournament was a great idea.I also believe i complimented etc.kids for being in such good shape this time of year.I stated that most sports have allstar tournaments after the season.Now who wants to watch a kid wrestle that by the 3rd period is so gassed he just lays there? I just expressed some thoughts on how i thought the tournament might be better.I just think when you have talent like 2 state champs and 2 other 2 time state champs people would like to see some of these top match ups going at it.but like someone said it gives some other kids a chance.And yes i told aj if he wasn't in shape why wrestle , so if you think thats wrong you may not know how physically demanding this sport is.Not that he has to win but i don't want him out there just stalling.what good does that do him or the people that paid to watch

As for open rooms we've had workouts going since May often with more kids outside our team than in participating.  It's not super close for you guys but we are in n ky. 

Thanks for your perspective. 

Are you guys really considered Nky?  :ph34r::o:D  Whew I ;thought Ryle was far. 

Opps.  Must have missed that one.  Wish I would have known.  I know at least 1 kid that would have tried to be there.  Heck I would have even taken him.  Maybe next year.  

I kind of would like to see this event.  But since the weekend is already full, I don't think I could swing it.  But if GOO Jr. wants to go and he drives maybe, but don't hold your breath on that one. 

Edited by grappler-of-old

Ohh by the way. I want one of those singlets.  Do you have one in extra extra extra fat and old?  If you need me to wrestle for it, I could maybe give you 10 or 15 seconds on the mat.  

Edited by grappler-of-old

Announcements tonight:

120 change - Austin Cook (St Xavier) in for Hurst

126 - Zane Brown (Male) v Joey Roberts (Woodford Co)

132 - Keegan Duncan (Trinity) v Jordan Monroe (Cooper)

152 additional match - Derrick Smallwood (John Hardin) v Tristan Badida (Conner)

160 additional match - Hudson Heidorf (Trinity) v Raymond Williams (North Hardin)

Hey hey glad to hear i was worthy enough to make the video plus glad to see frankrone is in.You might want to get 2 106s to wrestle him but i am still picking frankrone.lol.Being that you all didn't give your picks i will give mine.I predict every ETC kid that was consistent this summer and wrestled a couple tournaments will win.Not trying to be bias but a firm believer in the conditioning aspect plus if a kid can get off the couch (just a figure of speech)and beat the likes of them kids their pretty bad news.But i really have no idea how much the other kids have trained i just know how passinate the founder of etc is about making practice.hope you all have a good turnout.

Announcements tonight:

120 change - Austin Cook (St Xavier) in for Hurst

126 - Zane Brown (Male) v Joey Roberts (Woodford Co)

132 - Keegan Duncan (Trinity) v Jordan Monroe (Cooper)

152 additional match - Derrick Smallwood (John Hardin) v Tristan Badida (Conner)

160 additional match - Hudson Heidorf (Trinity) v Raymond Williams (North Hardin)

Ranger, any particular reason Tyler Storck wasn't invited at 120? I think as hard as he's worked this summer he'd get the nod. I understand you want to entertain the masses but I couldn't think of a better match; Moore v. Storck. I mean Dutch did say in the video he's (Storck)  liable to finish top 3 or 4 at State this year. If Cook backs out hope you'll consider him. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Ranger, any particular reason Tyler Storck wasn't invited at 120? I think as hard as he's worked this summer he'd get the nod. I understand you want to entertain the masses but I couldn't think of a better match; Moore v. Storck. I mean Dutch did say in the video he's (Storck)  liable to finish top 3 or 4 at State this year. If Cook backs out hope you'll consider him. Good luck!

Storck didn't place last year.  Cook did.  That's my guess.